+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can GEVEY unlock AT&T iPhone for Verizon use?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently got an AT&T iPhone 4S 5.1.1 with bb 2.0.12, but I have Verizon as my network. I was wondering if I could use the GEVEY Ultra S to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can GEVEY unlock AT&T iPhone for Verizon use?
    I recently got an AT&T iPhone 4S 5.1.1 with bb 2.0.12, but I have Verizon as my network. I was wondering if I could use the GEVEY Ultra S to unlock the phone for use on my Verizon plan. If so, what are the steps I must take (do I need to get a SIM card from the Verizon store ect.?)? If not are there any easy options to unlock the phone for Verizon so I can use it as more than an iPod/wifi for the moment. Thanks.

EVO
    Thanks

no you cannot use a GSM (AT&T) gevey and use it on a CDMA (Verizon) network

you need to purchase a CDMA gevey to use it for Verizon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But am I right in my thinking that you cannot use a CDMA gevey for a AT&T phone since the phone is a GSM phone?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminj13 View Post
    But am I right in my thinking that you cannot use a CDMA gevey for a AT&T phone since the phone is a GSM phone?
    yes correct

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    yes correct
    Then to clarify, since you need a CDMA gevey for use with a CDMA network, yet you can't use a CDMA gevey on a 4S previously sold for use with AT&T (GSM), would the answer to benjaminj13's original question be "no"? Even though a 4S is GSM and CDMA capable, you still can't migrate an AT&T iPhone 4S to Verizon?

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

EVO, didn't want to start a new thread since my question deals with one of the subjects covered here
    The last exchange with Knightwolf3, his last follow-up wasn't answered, (I didn't see it) in which he was confirming the use of Gevey Ultra to unlock between technologies. I too would like confirmation that a CDMA iPhone 4s cannot be unlocked with Gevey to allow use on a UMTS/GSM provider such as AT&T. I clearly did not understand that since the 4s is touted to be a "world phone". This isn't clearly indicated on Gevey site either. They never say this can't be done a imply that it's possible.

The R-SIM also implied this as well in their explanation of selecting mode 1-3, but unless you know differently, I doubt the R-SIM can do this either since it appears it too is made by Gevey. Please confirm that this it is or is not possible to unlock across technology deployments between operators.

Thanks for your contributions!!