+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile signal strength issue after iPhone4 unlock bb1.59 via sn0wbreeze

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
All, After experimentation with all jailbreaks (i.e. absinthe, redsn0w), I seem to have the most success with sn0wbreeze. The other methods would never give me a stable signal even after
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tmobile signal strength issue after iPhone4 unlock bb1.59 via sn0wbreeze
    All,

After experimentation with all jailbreaks (i.e. absinthe, redsn0w), I seem to have the most success with sn0wbreeze. The other methods would never give me a stable signal even after multiple reboots and airplane toggling. The reason I used this was to preserve baseband and upgrade to ios 5.1.1. I've followed the ultrasn0w fix tutorial by doing the following:

1. install ultrasn0w fixer 5.1.1
    2. install ultrasn0w 1.27

After toggling with airplane mode, I finally got a lock on a signal. But what's weird is that it shows only one bar no matter where I go. I can make and receive calls, but the signal remains at one bar.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

You don't need ultrasnow fixer anymore. 1.2.7 is compatible with 5.1.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You don't need ultrasnow fixer anymore. 1.2.7 is compatible with 5.1.1.
    Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled the fix but the issue still persists. After doing some research online, it seemed to be a common problem a month ago. But those posts were a month ago when ultrasn0w was version 1.2.5.

Is this still a common issue?

Thanks

Try reinstalling ultrasnow. There is a signal bar issue that has been there for a while if you have an older baseband on a new firmware. Ultrasnow has always fixed that issue though. Unless musclenerd didn't update that part of ultrasnow as well when he made it 5.1.1 compatible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

j0hnsmith (07-01-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Try reinstalling ultrasnow. There is a signal bar issue that has been there for a while if you have an older baseband on a new firmware. Ultrasnow has always fixed that issue though. Unless musclenerd didn't update that part of ultrasnow as well when he made it 5.1.1 compatible.
    After uninstalling the fixer and rebooting & toggling it multiple times (spent almost 30 minutes), it FINALLY worked with the correct signal strength. Thank you!

Thanks

Glad it worked