+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nobody can hear me during calls after SAM unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I used SAM unlock to activate my iPhone 4 GSM, and everything works well except that during phone calls the other party can't hear me, but I can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nobody can hear me during calls after SAM unlock
    Hi everyone,

I used SAM unlock to activate my iPhone 4 GSM, and everything works well except that during phone calls the other party can't hear me, but I can perfectly hear them!

It is NOT a hardware issue as some have suggested since I already had my iPhone checked at a repair shop and everything is fine with the hardware, so it must be due to the unlock not working properly.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? If not, how can I revert to Gevey, now that I've used the SAM method?

Thanks for your help.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

What baseband are you on now? If its unlockable with a gevy I don't see why a restore wouldnt work. Not to sure about the Sam method but if ya try it out. Don't forgit to make ya a custom firmware with snowbreeze don't update ya baseband and then ya would be really screwed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    What baseband are you on now? If its unlockable with a gevy I don't see why a restore wouldnt work. Not to sure about the Sam method but if ya try it out. Don't forgit to make ya a custom firmware with snowbreeze don't update ya baseband and then ya would be really screwed.
    I'm on 04.10.01 baseband. So I have to restore my iPhone in iTunes (with custom firmware) if I want to go back to Gevey?

Green Apple
    Thanks

remember to backup your SAM unlock ticket before you restore to the custom firmware just in case you ever want to try the SAM unlock again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, but I don't understand why does my problem happen at all? Everything else works perfectly with SAM. I don't want to go back to Gevey unless I absolutely have to.

Green Apple
    Thanks

are you sure its not hardware, did u try recordering a video to see does the mic still works?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,828 Times in 6,893 Posts

Hmm, actually not the first I have heard of this. I chalked it up to hardware issue before but now not so sure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seriousjohn View Post
    are you sure its not hardware, did u try recordering a video to see does the mic still works?
    Yes, it works perfectly.