+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NO SERVICE' after factory unlock done from AT&T

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello guys, this is Santosh from India. Few days ago, I got my Iphone4 factory unlock done from AT&T itself. I did the complete restore and iTunes displayed the message
    Thanks

Default 'NO SERVICE' after factory unlock done from AT&T
    Hello guys, this is Santosh from India.
    Few days ago, I got my Iphone4 factory unlock done from AT&T itself. I did the complete restore and iTunes displayed the message "congratulations , u have unlocked ur Iphone ". But after that my iPhone is showing no showing no service constantly. Whenever I insert a sim, it reads it's no. and shows the proper carrier but still there's no network.
    Help me guys . I have restored my Iphone almost 3 to 4 times , but still the same issue. Please help me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try to reset network setting with the sim in the device

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    Try to reset network setting with the sim in the device
    Thanks dude ... But I almost tried every possible steps..... Still it didn't work ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am guessing ur not on AT&T? Have u contacted ur carrier to see if they support the iPhone? And did u cut the sim sown urself? I have cut a sim down before with a sim cutter and the sim be to old and cut off parts u need for service. So I had to get a new one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    I am guessing ur not on AT&T? Have u contacted ur carrier to see if they support the iPhone? And did u cut the sim sown urself? I have cut a sim down before with a sim cutter and the sim be to old and cut off parts u need for service. So I had to get a new one.
    Yeah dude, m not an AT&T customer . And the sim I have already been using in my other iPhone .. So no issue of sim,by the way in factory unlock Iphone , u can use any sim,so no issue of service provider. Have tried now every possible way,but still showing "NO SERVICE". Could there be a hardware issue with the antenna ???

Thanks

Did you try to erase everything and set up as a new phone???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Did you try to erase everything and set up as a new phone???
    I have completely erased my Iphone twice, reset network settings,reset settings, erased all contents and settings ... But still no service...

Could it be the case that at&t would have just activated my Iphone and not whitelisted my baseband & network carrier ?

Thanks

No way, I got my iPhone unlocked from AT&T too. Never got that congratulations message, but es soon as I connected it to iTunes, after deactivating it, I got service within 5 seconds.
    So, either you have a problem with your SIM card, or if not, I would call AT&T again and wouldn't let go, until my problem is solved.

EVO
    Thanks

First thing I would suggest doing is calling AT&T again to re-confirm that your phone is unlocked

2nd thing is I would just request a brand new sim from your carrier provider and test it again

If they don't have a microsomes version, then I would be really careful on cutting it

Thanks
    Thanked 9,666 Times in 5,931 Posts

You can input your iPhones imei here to verify if it is unlocked.
    If you need to cut your sim, This is what I use for people.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

aveen (12-19-2012)

Thanks

I got a message stating " congratulations,ur iPhone is unlocked " and my iPhones IMEI no is 012337001926734

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santoshrok View Post
    I got a message stating " congratulations,ur iPhone is unlocked " and my iPhones IMEI no is 012337001926734
    yes it does appear that your iphone is UNLOCKED...

Do you have a friend with a sim from another carrier that you can test?

My guess is you may have incorrectly cut the sim, even though its working in another phone, iphones require sim cards to be cut pretty precisely to read the data from

Thanks

M having 4 microsims from 4 different carriers and all are workin in my other iPhones,but not in this one.
    Whenever I inset sim, it's showing the proper carrier but in network, it show no network .
    And when I turn off auto carrier, it shows every carrier,, and when select the carrier to which my sim belongs ,it gives error the carrier ur selected is no longer available . Today again I did the complete restore of my iPhone and again message displayed that my iPhone is unlocked and after that no service error continues.... Please somebody help me out... Could it be possible that my iPhone might be having antenna issue???

Thanks

I has to be some hardware problem. Any service around were you could check it?

EVO
    Thanks

M having 4 microsims from 4 different carriers and all are workin in my other iPhones,but not in this one.
    Whenever I inset sim, it's showing the proper carrier but in network, it show no network .
    And when I turn off auto carrier, it shows every carrier,, and when select the carrier to which my sim belongs ,it gives error the carrier ur selected is no longer available . Today again I did the complete restore of my iPhone and again message displayed that my iPhone is unlocked and after that no service error continues.... Please somebody help me out... Could it be possible that my iPhone might be having antenna issue???
    You are saying that none of your other microsims that you put inside this "unlocked" iphone 4 will receive a carrier signal, but it will in your other iphones? Is that correct?

And you already attempted the turning on/off airplane mode?

It may look to be some specific issue with that phone then, and may be an antenna issue, cant say for sure

Has it ever received a carrier signal before it was factory unlocked?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello guys, I am too having the exact same problem as Santoshrok. I had the seller contacted ATT to unlock, then I restored it, it says "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked".
    Question from EVO "Has it ever received a carrier signal before it was factory unlocked? " No, it was "No Service" since the day I got the phone, and I thought the unlocking will solve the issue, but that's not it.
    Last edited by blaaa2007; 07-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    You are saying that none of your other microsims that you put inside this "unlocked" iphone 4 will receive a carrier signal, but it will in your other iphones? Is that correct?

And you already attempted the turning on/off airplane mode?

It may look to be some specific issue with that phone then, and may be an antenna issue, cant say for sure

Has it ever received a carrier signal before it was factory unlocked?
    No... I have never received a signal on this iPhone. I bought this from a person in a locked status .. I mean the person told me that accidentally , he upgraded his iPhone due to which its baseband upgraded and that he couldnt use gevey sim .. So I purchased it to use it as a sim

Thanks

It just have to be a hardware problem. Hope that you have service near by.

EVO
    Thanks

No... I have never received a signal on this iPhone. I bought this from a person in a locked status .. I mean the person told me that accidentally , he upgraded his iPhone due to which its baseband upgraded and that he couldnt use gevey sim .. So I purchased it to use it as a sim
    if you have already tried it with 4 "different" carriers, it is a high possibility that it could be a hardware issue, like the antenna.

The LAST OPTION I would suggest you do, even though you restored multiple times, did you restore to an earlier iOS version?

This is assuming your phone contains the necessary SHSH blobs for those versions.

That would be the last thing I would suggest doing to see if it "can" be an iOS version, but never hurts to try!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From EVO "..The LAST OPTION I would suggest you do, even though you restored multiple times, did you restore to an earlier iOS version?..
    Not sure why we want to restore it to the earlier iOS version since the phone is at factory unlocked stage. One would think that they would let Itunes does its job as long as it's in working status.