+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NO SERVICE' after factory unlock done from AT&T

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by blaaa2007 From EVO "..The LAST OPTION I would suggest you do, even though you restored multiple times, did you restore to an earlier iOS version?.. Not sure
    EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blaaa2007 View Post
    From EVO "..The LAST OPTION I would suggest you do, even though you restored multiple times, did you restore to an earlier iOS version?..
    Not sure why we want to restore it to the earlier iOS version since the phone is at factory unlocked stage. One would think that they would let Itunes does its job as long as it's in working status.
    Recall that I mention it is a good possibility it could be a hardware issue, like the surrounding antenna.

the OP has said he has restored multiple times but it didnt fix the issue, but it is under the assumption that he restored back to 5.1.1.

The reasons I suggested to do a restore to a different iOS is:

A. Prevent you guys from having a useless iphone that cant make calls
    B. Save you the money to have it taken to a repair shop that "may" fix the issue, but not guarantee neither

I do understand the meaning of it being unlocked, and its not "factory unlocked", its an "IMEI unlocked".

However, I am merely suggesting to different venues to see if there "may" be an iOS issue.

By all means, if you feel you have done enough, take it to a repair shop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Recall that I mention it is a good possibility it could be a hardware issue, like the surrounding antenna.

the OP has said he has restored multiple times but it didnt fix the issue, but it is under the assumption that he restored back to 5.1.1.

The reasons I suggested to do a restore to a different iOS is:

A. Prevent you guys from having a useless iphone that cant make calls
    B. Save you the money to have it taken to a repair shop that "may" fix the issue, but not guarantee neither

I do understand the meaning of it being unlocked, and its not "factory unlocked", its an "IMEI unlocked".

However, I am merely suggesting to different venues to see if there "may" be an iOS issue.

By all means, if you feel you have done enough, take it to a repair shop.
    Finally,after getting new micro sim from Vodafone and using new sim tray (from original iphone4)other than gevey sim tray, I got the network signal bar... But after sometimes , it again shows no service and again shows signal bars... What should I do know ???

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

It just has to be a HW problem

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santoshrok View Post
    Finally,after getting new micro sim from Vodafone and using new sim tray (from original iphone4)other than gevey sim tray, I got the network signal bar... But after sometimes , it again shows no service and again shows signal bars... What should I do know ???
    bud I think its very likely to be a hardware issue, I dont know exactly what but my guess is the antenna because even with a new microsim, you are unable to obtain a signal

Thanks

Unhappy No Service after factory unlock. disappointed
    M having 4 microsims from 4 different carriers and all are workin in my other iPhones,but not in this one.
    Whenever I inset sim, it's showing the proper carrier but in network, it show no network .
    And when I turn off auto carrier, it shows every carrier,, and when select the carrier to which my sim belongs ,it gives error the carrier ur selected is no longer available . Today again I did the complete restore of my iPhone and again message displayed that my iPhone is unlocked and after that no service error continues.... Please somebody help me out... Could it be possible that my iPhone might be having antenna issue???
    Hi there. I have exact the same problem with my iphone 4 , locked bei A1 telecom Austria and i've paid 100€ for factory unlock, nothing helps. i've restored my phone 5 or 6 times , after downgrade to 5.1.1 i got the congratulations Message. i spoken with Apple Germany they meant, this is a SIM card prob, but i didn't cut the SIM by myself. i got a mult isim from EPLUS Germany and break out the micro sim. SIM this is normal and has 1,8 Volt, as iphone 4 needs
    i have a A1 SIM, the card if i put the card in iphone will be clean recognized in the Settings i can see the carrier A1 Telecom 0.12 no service too but this card is deactivated. if i put the eplus SIm in settings i see: Carrier 0.13 an no eplus. i've purchased a new one SIM from eplus if it not helps i will cry ... i do not understand that
    Any Advices ? i appreciate every Help
    Thank u and sorry for my English
    cu gaendalf
    Last edited by gaendalf; 09-26-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typing errors correction

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

your problem seems awfully familar to the orig iphone4's back in 2010. if i remember correctly there were several folks complaining of the same issue. turns out, these batchs of phones had a problem with the sim card shorting out with the internals of the phone via sim tray. they resolved the problem by placing a thin layer of tape along the internal edges of the sim tray (same side as the gold pins of the sim card which will contact the tray). this will prevent the internal parts of the sim tray bay from shorting out to the sim card.

just give it a try

Thanks

Thank u, man it seems to be right . i have the bad SIM for my eyes and i see now that this sim is connected with 3 gold pins direktly to simtray so that 3 pins are contacted together!! and sure with the middle metall oh man this mikrosim i get from my provider as multisim, u know, at first mini-sim and from mini-sim -micro-sim like a Russian woody doll. WOW! my iphone 4 is prodused at 26.01 2010 i will try it tomorrow.man, u gave me a hope
    sorry my english
    thank you.
    Etienne

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for your help. i checked my imei number its showing unlocked but still no message is showing in itunes that my phone is unlocked apart from this no single is coming.please help me out in this

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Clean restore all over again. And by the way I got mine unlocked from AT&T, never got that famous unlocked message, but it is still SIM FREE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same Problem
    BUMP in case someone found a solution to this?

My Iphone 4 iOs 6.0.1 base band 04.12.02 AT&T IMEI unlocked doesn't recognizes local Mexico's Telcel provider, just " No Service" with New SIM, I did iTunes and nothing, installed redsn0w tethered jailbreak using 6.0 firmware, installed SAM ( Subscriber Artificial Module ), nothing..

I have notice thou, that when I could get it to receive or make calls there was a small pointer triangule icon next to the battery tray , one this would apear the network will fall and lose connection to subscriber.

I saw here on the internet maybe downgrading to 5.1.1 could work but don't know if I have the SHSH bloobs files ?!

Any help is very much appreciated, i dont want this as an expensive Ipod..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK, to break it down. I have done everything that the internet has suggested.
    I have the iPhone 4 6.1.3 factory unlocked for all sims.
    I called AT&T to verify that the phone is not blacklisted. The rep told me the phone has not been reported lost or stolen and DOES show that the device IS factory unlocked and even gave me the date for which it was unlocked (which matched my records).
    Iphone picks up AT&T signal and makes calls. I tried two Tmobile sims and neither work. Yet both work in my other factory unlocked iPhone 4.

Has ANYONE with this issue actually found a resolution?

Thanks

Default No GSM / edge after Factory unlock
    Hey dude,
    i have same problem but the ground is known.
    that is the missed dammed blue inductor coil
    i tried to bridge the soldering places instead how the ifixit suggested , nut no luck at all
    i bought this crap F***** part but i can't solder it without having a microscope because the size of this part is 1,6x0,6 mm i'm using the iPhone for playing infinity blade 2 and i can use whattsapp and Scype on it
    Last edited by gaendalf; 05-20-2013 at 09:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A lot of people are saying it's a hardware issue, but I can't see how it is. If the phone works with some sims and not others, then the phone is mechanically sound. It's a software issue which may come from new updates. T-Mobile is now selling the iphone 5 leading me to believe that there is an issue with the software that isn't compatible with or disrupting service to older iphones. We either need to wait for an update or pray that the dev team gods can grace us once again with their intellect.
    Last edited by cyngen; 05-20-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyngen View Post
    OK, to break it down. I have done everything that the internet has suggested.
    I have the iPhone 4 6.1.3 factory unlocked for all sims.
    I called AT&T to verify that the phone is not blacklisted. The rep told me the phone has not been reported lost or stolen and DOES show that the device IS factory unlocked and even gave me the date for which it was unlocked (which matched my records).
    Iphone picks up AT&T signal and makes calls. I tried two Tmobile sims and neither work. Yet both work in my other factory unlocked iPhone 4.

Has ANYONE with this issue actually found a resolution?
    I'm assuming you've received the pop-up "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked!" message in iTunes, yeah?

I'd still try de-activating the iPhone via redsn0w (Extras -> Even More -> Deactivate) and then plugging it into iTunes with your desired SIM, see if that does it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have received the Congratulations message. I haven't tried to deactivate with Redsn0w though. I'll try that tonight and see how it goes. I'll let you all know what my progress is. I'm sure everyone would like to have a solution for this.

ok, i tried to deactivate through redsn0w and got this message in itunes "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." How do I activate it again?
    Last edited by cyngen; 05-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12