Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPhone 3GS(No WiFI, No IMEI, No BlueTooth)

Default Bricked iPhone 3GS(No WiFI, No IMEI, No BlueTooth)
    It is very true that new iPhone 3GS produced with new NOR chip is not compatible with iPad Baseband 6.15.00 and flasing to iPad baseband brickes the phone.
    I have some very basic questions:
    1. Does it mean that iPhone with new baseband chip and on a modem firmware which is not supported by ultrasno0w can not be unlocked at all.
    2. Besides knowing new NOR chip are unlockable why apple has stopped using it.
    3. If iPhone displays no IMEI no WIFI does it mean that the hardware is permanently damaged. Which is really very difficult to believe at least for me, I think, if somehow we can restore the stock baseband on the phone, it will be fixed.
    4. We are no one to force, but donít you people think that instead of working on downgrade baseband feature hacker should have worked on upgrading ultrasn0w to support new basebands.
    5. Will there be any software fix in the future to recover bricked iPhone.

Sorry but sad to say this iPhone is currently unusable because you couldn't read simple redsn0w instructiOns wich clearly states that you will brick your baseband if the phone is incompatible with the iPad BB so this phone is not usable untill the dev-team find a way to fix it good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Agree ya baseband is corrupted. Can use it as an iPod until they find a fix if they every do.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

Restoring to a regular 5.1.1 firmware can fix the issue caused by redsnow if you tried updating to the ipad baseband on one of the newer 3GS's. You still wont be able to unlock but it should fix wifi and bluetooth. If your baseband is corrupt because of something else then that probably wont fix it.

Hi all, I just picked this up from CL and now find out it is bricked. Is there any way I can fix this bricked iPhone 3GS. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt2000 View Post
    Hi all, I just picked this up from CL and now find out it is bricked. Is there any way I can fix this bricked iPhone 3GS. Thanks a lot.

unfortunately no, that phone is doomed!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Hang about.... That's a '09 week 39 iPhone... So what Simon said may save you here, you can try putting 5.1.1 (which if it has an older baseband, will over-write it & repair), if that fails, then try installing the iPad baseband as it may have had that on it.

I've already tried: install iPad baseband, downgrade iPad baseband, restore from iTunes (stuck on recovery code 1). I think when the owner tried to patch the baseband, the iPhone shut down because of its bad battery. I already replaced a new battery but unsuccessful.

I've already tried: install iPad baseband, downgrade iPad baseband, restore from iTunes (stuck on recovery code 1). I think when the owner tried to patch the baseband, the iPhone shut down because of its bad battery. I already replaced a new battery but unsuccessful.
    if you are getting error 1, use redsn0w to create a custom NO_BB 5.1.1 firmware, and PWNED DFU restore to the NO_BB firmware

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    if you are getting error 1, use redsn0w to create a custom NO_BB 5.1.1 firmware, and PWNED DFU restore to the NO_BB firmware
    I tried different versions of Redsn0w to install and downgrade iPad baseband on fw 4.1 and 5.1.1 but NO luck.

I tried different versions of Redsn0w to install and downgrade iPad baseband on fw 4.1 and 5.1.1 but NO luck.
    Did you restore to a no_bb firmware as I mentioned or only tried the iPad baseband?

Yes, I did, after installing iPad baseband by using different version of Redsn0w, it still show nothing on IMEI, WIFI, FIRMWARE

Im having the same problem, my iphone 3gs 16GB was jailbroken with Redsn0w software and yesterday whilst on charge my iphone came up with a sign saying activation required and prompt me to connect to itunes, as i did it said iphone needs to be restored so i restored with a error (1) coming up. After so the iphone would stay on connect to itunes sign, and so i gave it to a repairs shop and he oppened the iphone for me to access but it has no Imei, No Wifi, No bluetooth and says Searching... Version: 4.1 (8B117) Serail Number: QR1238XXXX. Can some please tell what is going on? The repairs guy said the baseband is corrupted? Can anything be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibby786m View Post
    Im having the same problem, my iphone 3gs 16GB was jailbroken with Redsn0w software and yesterday whilst on charge my iphone came up with a sign saying activation required and prompt me to connect to itunes, as i did it said iphone needs to be restored so i restored with a error (1) coming up. After so the iphone would stay on connect to itunes sign, and so i gave it to a repairs shop and he oppened the iphone for me to access but it has no Imei, No Wifi, No bluetooth and says Searching... Version: 4.1 (8B117) Serail Number: QR1238XXXX. Can some please tell what is going on? The repairs guy said the baseband is corrupted? Can anything be done?
    unfortunately the repair guy is correct, there really is not anything you can do once the baseband is corrupted

This is unhappy reading for me. I have an iPhone 3GS with iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw installed through redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2. I have the same problem as others above, in that there is no signal, 'no wi-fi' and bluetooth 'unavailable'. It seems the baseband is corrupt. Under the 'about' section the 'Modem Firmware' is blank.

I see on that redsnow version there are options to degrade the baseband, install iPad baseband, downgrade the iPad baseband, etc. etc. Are any of these options available to me?

The iPhone alert says 'Restore Needed iPhone cannot make or receive calls - needs to be restored through iTunes.

Using tinyumbrella-4.32.01.exe I found a backup of the 3GS with following details:

MC637B/A
    06.15.00-6.4_M3S2
    Serial 84030xxxxxx
    IMEI 012266001xxxxxx

I also have the saved SHSHs:
    3GS 4.1 (8B117)
    3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a)
    3GS 4.3b2 (8F5153d)

The iPhone also reboots itself every few minutes, even if I turn off the 3G and cellular data (as advised by saadalsakran on https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0).

Is there any process I can work through to downgrade my iPhone to an earlier time?

Please say yes!
    Thanks for your help.
    Andy

will the info from this forum post work for this problem?
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/archive/t-1488428.html
    Last edited by yesmaybe; 08-22-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Default Fix missing imei, no wif, no bluetooth
    We have seen this problem a few times in our shop. Sometimes after flashing to an ipad baseband or downgrading from an ipad baseband we have seen this bluetooth, imei, wifi issue even though the iphone is older and the serial number is within the allowed time frame. It can be fixed. Heres how we have fixed several. Follow the directions exactly.

-Get the phone to power on, which it will be very slow, searching for network and constantly rebooting
    -Once on slide to power off (very important)
    -Use latest version of redsnow and manually select your ipsw (it wont do it automatically for you on a bricked phone)
    -Go to jailbreak, tick off install cydia and install ipad baseband

After reflashing the baseband your wifi, bluetooth, imei etc. should all be back to normal. For some reason a portion of the downgrade or upgrade to ipad baseband doesnt work which causes this issue however reflashing it has always solved the issue

THIS WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM IF YOU TRIED FLASHING AN IPAD BASEBAND ON A NEWER IPHONE 3GS WITH THE NEW NOR CHIP

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cryp For This Useful Post:

yesmaybe (08-22-2012)

Thanks for the reply cryp. Not quite sure what you mean by bricked. My phone does turn on it just has no signal. And when using the latest version of redsnow it does auto find the latest ipsw (contrary to your insructions). So which ipsw should I manually find? The latest one 5.1.1 or an earlier 4.2.1 good version?

And I think this phone has the new bootrom, does that means the baseband is permanently corrupt now?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
    Thanks for the reply cryp. Not quite sure what you mean by bricked. My phone does turn on it just has no signal. And when using the latest version of redsnow it does auto find the latest ipsw (contrary to your insructions). So which ipsw should I manually find? The latest one 5.1.1 or an earlier 4.2.1 good version?

And I think this phone has the new bootrom, does that means the baseband is permanently corrupt now?

Thanks.
    download a stock 4.2.1 firmware for 3Gs and select it using redsn0w

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    download a stock 4.2.1 firmware for 3Gs and select it using redsn0w
    I have this firmware and will happily downgrade from 511 to 421, but please tell me what is the benefit? Will the signal likely work in this situation even with a corrupt modem baseband?

I even have some SHSH so could I revert to one of those installations with better luck? In which case how do you load a saved SHSH? I haven't yet been able to find out what to do with those backups/

Andy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

What Shsh blobs do you have?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast