+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPhone 3GS(No WiFI, No IMEI, No BlueTooth)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by 2k1 What Shsh blobs do you have? as mentionned above: I also have the saved SHSHs: 3GS 4.1 (8B117) 3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a) 3GS 4.3b2 (8F5153d) Any use?
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    What Shsh blobs do you have?
    as mentionned above:

I also have the saved SHSHs:
    3GS 4.1 (8B117)
    3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a)
    3GS 4.3b2 (8F5153d)

Any use? Please tell me I can revert to an old system and if so how do you 'stitch blobs' or what have you

Thanks !!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Go to the download tab on the site and git either of them three firmwares. Make sure it's the one for ya phone. Open iTunes put us phone into dfu mode and shift restore and point it to the firmware ya downloaded

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Go to the download tab on the site and git either of them three firmwares. Make sure it's the one for ya phone. Open iTunes put us phone into dfu mode and shift restore and point it to the firmware ya downloaded
    I tried as you suggested. Through iTunes I tried to restore to iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw which is the good session according to tinyumbrella records. However, iTunes reached a 1013 error. I opened tinyumbrella and kicked it out of recovery, but it stayed in recovery mode.

I hashed out # the gs.apple.com on the hosts file and tried again, still no good.

So, what is the process for restoring, do you need to change any settings, start TSS or something? Is it possible to do a similar downgrade restore through redsnow?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
    Thanks for the reply cryp. Not quite sure what you mean by bricked. My phone does turn on it just has no signal. And when using the latest version of redsnow it does auto find the latest ipsw (contrary to your insructions). So which ipsw should I manually find? The latest one 5.1.1 or an earlier 4.2.1 good version?

And I think this phone has the new bootrom, does that means the baseband is permanently corrupt now?

Thanks.
    When I say Bricked I mean the phone isnt usable do to the imei missing, bluetooth missing or showing zero's, etc. (same as the pictures in this post)

Manually select 5.1.1 as assuming thats what software version your on if you have a 3GS or 4.2.1 on a 3G. The new bootrom does not matter however if your phones serial number is later than week 34 of 2011 then unfortunately theres nothing you can do. This is for people you have older serial numbers (like the picture) but still experienced the corrupted baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help
    I have jailbroken my iphone 3gs but now it has no firmware etc the serial number is as follows

Network Not Available
    Version 5.1.1 (9B206)
    Carrier Not Available
    Model MC637B
    Serial 87227W
    Wifi N/A
    BlueTooth (All 0's)
    Modem Firmware (Empty)

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBootneck View Post
    I have jailbroken my iphone 3gs but now it has no firmware etc the serial number is as follows

Network Not Available
    Version 5.1.1 (9B206)
    Carrier Not Available
    Model MC637B
    Serial 87227W
    Wifi N/A
    BlueTooth (All 0's)
    Modem Firmware (Empty)
    did you install the ipad baseband?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default man, i did as you say but i got a message that says: panic, we are hanging here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryp View Post
    We have seen this problem a few times in our shop. Sometimes after flashing to an ipad baseband or downgrading from an ipad baseband we have seen this bluetooth, imei, wifi issue even though the iphone is older and the serial number is within the allowed time frame. It can be fixed. Heres how we have fixed several. Follow the directions exactly.

-Get the phone to power on, which it will be very slow, searching for network and constantly rebooting
    -Once on slide to power off (very important)
    -Use latest version of redsnow and manually select your ipsw (it wont do it automatically for you on a bricked phone)
    -Go to jailbreak, tick off install cydia and install ipad baseband

After reflashing the baseband your wifi, bluetooth, imei etc. should all be back to normal. For some reason a portion of the downgrade or upgrade to ipad baseband doesnt work which causes this issue however reflashing it has always solved the issue

THIS WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM IF YOU TRIED FLASHING AN IPAD BASEBAND ON A NEWER IPHONE 3GS WITH THE NEW NOR CHIP
    man, i did as you say but i got a message that says: panic, we are hanging here. what can i do?thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same here. bricked my iphone 3gs...

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zzccsyd View Post
    same here. bricked my iphone 3gs...
    Sorry to hear about that bud, if you have the newer 3gs, you can hopefully get a warranty replacement

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    download a stock 4.2.1 firmware for 3Gs and select it using redsn0w
    Apparently, this no longer works as I tried exactly what is described regarding 4.2.1 as well as 5.1.1. Using 4.2.1 i got errors when attempting the base band upgrade causing the process to stop, then was met with no BB UPGRADE when using 5.1.1 as the ipsw reference. I din't believe Apple is signing 4.2.1 any longer which accounts for the iTunes error when attempting a restore in iTunes.

Believe me, I was hoping this would work as I have no WiFi, no IMEI or Blurtooth or for that matter ANY BB reported under settings.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X242 View Post
    Apparently, this no longer works as I tried exactly what is described regarding 4.2.1 as well as 5.1.1. Using 4.2.1 i got errors when attempting the base band upgrade causing the process to stop, then was met with no BB UPGRADE when using 5.1.1 as the ipsw reference. I din't believe Apple is signing 4.2.1 any longer which accounts for the iTunes error when attempting a restore in iTunes.

Believe me, I was hoping this would work as I have no WiFi, no IMEI or Blurtooth or for that matter ANY BB reported under settings.
    apple is still only signing 4.1 and 5.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Replace baseband chip.
    I think that the only solution is to replace the baseband chip. has anyone done it succesfully? I found one baseband chip at ebay ($18) but i dont know if any works for my 3gs, 2009 week 24. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i had a 3gs ios5.0.1 of wk 42 of 2011. i gave it to this guy to unlock...he said it got spoilt and he had to change the motherboard...now what i have is a 3gs with 05.16.05 version 4.1(8B117), no iccid number...the wifi is working but it cant load sim!! afetr u load sim, there is no msg but i cant make calls..."call failed". also can i update it with itunes...?pls let me know fast. Thanks.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kavs78 View Post
    hi, i had a 3gs ios5.0.1 of wk 42 of 2011. i gave it to this guy to unlock...he said it got spoilt and he had to change the motherboard...now what i have is a 3gs with 05.16.05 version 4.1(8B117), no iccid number...the wifi is working but it cant load sim!! afetr u load sim, there is no msg but i cant make calls..."call failed". also can i update it with itunes...?pls let me know fast. Thanks.
    is the IMEI or bluetooth showing?

have you tried to restore it back to 5.1.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is the IMEI or bluetooth showing?

have you tried to restore it back to 5.1.1?
    Yes the imei n blutooth is showing but I haven't restored to 5.1.1 and moreso there is no network even after inserting sim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello anybody can help me with the problem with error 1015 for my
    iphone3g.i already try to restore..but it cannot finish the process

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nellina83 View Post
    hello anybody can help me with the problem with error 1015 for my
    iphone3g.i already try to restore..but it cannot finish the process
    Check my sig for error 1015 fixes

EVO
    Thanks

Yes the imei n blutooth is showing but I haven't restored to 5.1.1 and moreso there is no network even after inserting sim.
    you should at least try to restore it to see if it fixes the missing elements

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you should at least try to restore it to see if it fixes the missing elements
    Hi thanks. I hav got back d phone with everything working...! But since it's a lower version I can't dwnld most of the apps. Can I sync to my laptop n upgrade to ios6? War r the chances of it getting locked?

EVO
    Thanks

Hi thanks. I hav got back d phone with everything working...! But since it's a lower version I can't dwnld most of the apps. Can I sync to my laptop n upgrade to ios6? War r the chances of it getting locked?
    no you should stay away from iOS 6, it will update your baseband which thus will lose the unlockability to use another carrier sim