+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs Unlock with serial 85137? Please help.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys just inherited a 3gs and it was updated to 5.1.1 and it's modem firmware is 05.16.05 the serial starts with 85137, I did some reading on here and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs Unlock with serial 85137? Please help.
    Hey guys just inherited a 3gs and it was updated to 5.1.1 and it's modem firmware is 05.16.05 the serial starts with 85137, I did some reading on here and I know I must downgrade the firmware but it says also anything with 135 and up can't be downgraded. Just wondering if there is anyway to unlock or am i out of luck? Thanks for any help.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyke1 View Post
    Hey guys just inherited a 3gs and it was updated to 5.1.1 and it's modem firmware is 05.16.05 the serial starts with 85137, I did some reading on here and I know I must downgrade the firmware but it says also anything with 135 and up can't be downgraded. Just wondering if there is anyway to unlock or am i out of luck? Thanks for any help.
    no it is NOT recommended for you to downgrade your baseband, because according to the first 5 digits you provided, that 3gs was manufactured in 2011 of week 37, which means that if you use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband you will potentially "brick", or in other words, damaged the baseband permanently, resulting in an unusable iphone...

unfortunately you cannot, and SHOULD NOT do anything else to unlock, except for calling at&t and see if they can unlock it for you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Evo, that's what i read just decided to ask and see if anything new has come out to fix this. So now I have a Ipod touch.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Evo, that's what i read just decided to ask and see if anything new has come out to fix this. So now I have a Ipod touch.
    Not even that... No wifi or Bluetooth

EVO
    Thanks

I would either recommend either calling AT&T and see if you have a chance to unlock it, or use it as an ipod for your music and pictures

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I would either recommend either calling AT&T and see if you have a chance to unlock it, or use it as an ipod for your music and pictures
    Well the latter sucks lol, but what can ya do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm a little lucky I guess because wifi works on this one still haven't tried the bluetooth.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a little lucky I guess because wifi works on this one still haven't tried the bluetooth.
    Ahh, I mid read what you said, she you mentioned of there was anything to fix it, I was under the impression you'd bricked it DOH!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys hate to revive an old subject but I havent found the answer if the evasion jailbreak will work with this iphone? Thanks for any help

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Evasi0n is a jailbreak for iOS 6 (except the currently signed 6.1.3). If it's iOS 5, you may want to use either Redsn0w or Absinthe. Also, you can look on eBay for an IMEI unlock ($4 +/-)or contact Cowboy (mod here). Good luck....