+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4S Gevey Ultra S bypass activation?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've installed the Gevey. I get the congratulations, accept screen. Unfortunately the 4S kicks back to an "activation mode". I've browsed the forums and I don't seem to see any
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 4S Gevey Ultra S bypass activation?
    I've installed the Gevey. I get the congratulations, accept screen. Unfortunately the 4S kicks back to an "activation mode". I've browsed the forums and I don't seem to see any information on how to bypass this. Any help is appreciate.

Thank You

EVO
    Thanks

the ultra s is not meant to bypass activation, it is only meant for unlocking, you need to have the official carrier sim card to activate then use the gevey to unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

Of course and I understand that. I have activated the phone and many other iphones over the years using an official carrier sim car. However once activated I insert the gevey s and the tmo sim and it will unlock but then after a minute it reverts back to the activation needed. Although the signal bars are showing that tmobile sim is read and in use.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonemedic View Post
    Of course and I understand that. I have activated the phone and many other iphones over the years using an official carrier sim car. However once activated I insert the gevey s and the tmo sim and it will unlock but then after a minute it reverts back to the activation needed. Although the signal bars are showing that tmobile sim is read and in use.
    ahh i see!

could be an issue with the gevey ultra s itself..

we can try to isolate the issue by repeating the restore process

you can try restoring back to 5.1.1, then activate using the AT&T sim card, upon activation, then turn off, use the gevey, turn on and see if the issue persists, no jailbreak or anything, so we can isolate the issue further

Green Apple
    Thanks

nope i had this issue many times its your sim card its catchy try a different microsim with the gevey then try yours it should work

Green Apple
    Thanks

no its not you need the white reset card from Gevey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    the ultra s is not meant to bypass activation, it is only meant for unlocking, you need to have the official carrier sim card to activate then use the gevey to unlock

The Gevey Ultra S does play a part in activation, unless the iPhone 4S is not an AT&T iPhone, then the iPhone will revert to needing activation. I read this in another thread.

I have problem Unlocking iPhone 4s using gevey ultra s ..
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Green Apple
    Thanks

you will only need the white reset sim if the phone is not locked to at&t

Thanks
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

Are you 100% sure it is an AT&T iPhone 4S? If so make sure the Gevey is set to AT&T with the white reset sim. It should be by default but it won't hurt to make sure.
    If that still doesn't work then either the iPhone is not an AT&T one or the Gevey is faulty.