Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about bad ESN 4s

Default Quick question about bad ESN 4s
    Alright so just out of curiosity, I've been wanting to upgrade from my iPhone 4 to a 4S. I'm currently using my 4 on Straight Talk and was wondering since you can unlock a Verizon or Sprint 4S with the new Gevey SIM. Would I be able to unlock a bad ESN iPhone from eBay with a gevey and use it? Only reason I ask is bad ESN phones are generally a bit cheaper. Thanks in advanced for your help! And just for the record, I did research this a bit but couldn't find a definitive answer. Some say a bad ESN phone can be unlocked but only work outside of the country it has the bad ESN in. Other posts I've read say a gevey unlock will work just fine in the same country of a bad ESN phone. Just trying to get some clarification.
    Last edited by rtg293; 06-13-2012 at 08:54 PM.

---bump---
    I got impatient of waiting for an answer an just ordered a gevey and bad ESN 4S myself. For anyone wondering or wanting to try this themselves, I can confirm it works perfectly fine. Didn't work for me at first, but I think it was an issue with the gevey, as it worked after I reset it for a Verizon iphone. Cheers!

Hey,

so you say I can also buy Iphone with bad ESN? Just need gevey card?

Quote Originally Posted by RDack View Post
    Hey,

so you say I can also buy Iphone with bad ESN? Just need gevey card?
    Definitely. Yes, it works on other country, bad ESN only applies to the carrier it's blocked to.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!