Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Read . 3GS/BASEBAND DOWNGRADE

Exclamation Please Read . 3GS/BASEBAND DOWNGRADE
    Muscle nerd annouced the 6:15:00 baseband downgrade process and pretty much being done but he just needs to do it so it can downgrade non offically activated iphone 3gs's. Its on his twitter if you dont believe me today.

So my iphone 3gs is on 6:15:00 , what i want to know is if i downgrade to 5:13:04 or 5:16:05 for example which gps works fine on , can i downgrade to that baseband then restore using latest firmware which is 5.1.1 and then offically activate it using the offical 3 sim and not jailbreak it just keep it as it is?

Thank you

I haven't personally done it, but if you can downgrade to 5.13.04, then you could flash a custom 5.1.1 that has the baseband removed. PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze can let you make a custom firmware to preserve the baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by adam7741 View Post
    Muscle nerd annouced the 6:15:00 baseband downgrade process and pretty much being done but he just needs to do it so it can downgrade non offically activated iphone 3gs's. Its on his twitter if you dont believe me today.

So my iphone 3gs is on 6:15:00 , what i want to know is if i downgrade to 5:13:04 or 5:16:05 for example which gps works fine on , can i downgrade to that baseband then restore using latest firmware which is 5.1.1 and then offically activate it using the offical 3 sim and not jailbreak it just keep it as it is?

Thank you
    yes you should be able to

creating a custom firmware will always preserve your baseband even there is an ability to downgrade your baseband from 06.15.00..

excited to hear about the musclenerd's progress in this, its almost history in the making for iphones since there was never an ability to do so!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so -- would one be able to "upgrade" using the 6.15.00 ipad baseband, then downgrade back to a supported unlockable baseband? or would it still be a locked baseband after the downgrade?

ETA -- answered my own question by reading MuscleNerds blog -- yep any 3G/3GS above 05.13.04 can be temporarily updated to 06.15 BB for the purpose of downgrading to 05.13.04
    Last edited by Wrassle; 06-12-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrassle View Post
    so -- would one be able to "upgrade" using the 6.15.00 ipad baseband, then downgrade back to a supported unlockable baseband? or would it still be a locked baseband after the downgrade?

ETA -- answered my own question by reading MuscleNerds blog -- yep any 3G/3GS above 05.13.04 can be temporarily updated to 06.15 BB for the purpose of downgrading to 05.13.04
    yes it can only be downgraded to 05.13.04, which is an unlockable baseband

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There is no need for any US 3GS's to go back to 5.13.04 BB. AT&T does factory unlocks now.

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
    There is no need for any US 3GS's to go back to 5.13.04 BB. AT&T does factory unlocks now.
    As of May, AT&T only does factory unlocks for current customers. Also, going back to an older BB is desirable for people stuck on iPad BB 6.15.00 who want to go to stock or go all the way to 5.13.04.

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
    depends on the situation and who you get as a CSR, plus the ipad baseband is not a good baseband to be on anyways, people only do it as a last option so they can use their carrier

the ipad baseband has some issues including lost of GPS

Green Apple
    Thanks
    AT&T somehow managed to bork my unlock. I have a ticket, I have an email saying it was unlocked, when i call them, they say it is unlocked -- but not matter how many times i restore the damn phone it is not unlocking. Its been almost two months now.. so i am not holding out for this to work, but i am now on 5.1.1 with the unlockable baseband.

So once this is released, i will be upgrading to the ipad bb, then downgrading to the unlock able base-band, and going that route.

And for the record, if i ever move back to the US, AT&T will be the last company to receive any business from me.

hello i have an iphone 3gs 5.1.1 bb 05.16.05 can i jb ? thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes you can but why post in there this is about unlocking and locking your iPhone not jailbreaking it.
    Abinsthe can and also redsnow. Use the jailbreak tab in the top left corner and it will give you a link with a tutorial.

How to downgrade my iPhone 4 having modem firmware 4.12.01 on ios 5.1.1.. Please helpppp!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

You trying to downgrade the firmware to lower? If so you will need shsh blobs to do that. As far as baseband can't happen

I have iPhone 3GS with bb 06.15.00
    I tried downgrade with latest red snow to unlock my iPhone . Bu still it's keeps bb with 06.15.00

What to do?
    I'm on iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by malikhussain View Post
    I have iPhone 3GS with bb 06.15.00
    I tried downgrade with latest red snow to unlock my iPhone . Bu still it's keeps bb with 06.15.00

What to do?
    I'm on iOS 5.1.1
    This is a very common issue that people are facing. If you have already tried more than 3 times, jus wait until the redsn0w update

@musclenerd is currently testing that issue along with a few others, and will release the update soon

If you follow the steps from the iPhone-dev site there's nothing more you can do