+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when will unlock for the iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, 04.12.01 will come out?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Thanks alot Simon and 2k1 i just got my phone unlocked !! I also found the email officialiphoneunlock sent me with all the details on how to unlock my device
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks alot Simon and 2k1 i just got my phone unlocked !!

I also found the email officialiphoneunlock sent me with all the details on how to unlock my device down to the restore. lol

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

That was quick glad ya got it working. If ya mind how much it cost?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

80 gbp
    a bit hefty but only one month's bill really. I think AT/t is amongst the most expensive ones. I had a look at the Canadian providers and it was mostly around 20gbp ... :S

2k1
    Thanks

Well now you don't have to worry about preserving ya baseband anymore

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Well now you don't have to worry about preserving ya baseband anymore
    makes our job easier in case you have any issues in the future

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbrinck View Post
    80 gbp
    a bit hefty but only one month's bill really. I think AT/t is amongst the most expensive ones. I had a look at the Canadian providers and it was mostly around 20gbp ... :S
    Those canadian ones are "pre-orders" as they call it. They can't actually unlock Canadian ones on that site.

2k1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Those canadian ones are "pre-orders" as they call it. They can't actually unlock Canadian ones on that site.
    Oh really never knew that good to know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good to know indeed i was about to call friends and family to get them to unlock theirs for 40$

Thanks

Yup, gotta read the fine print under each carrier. It will either say unlock possible or pre-order. Pre-order meaning not possible right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,989 Times in 4,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboarder View Post
    The motivation is that I want to use my device in Europe while on vacation and not have to buy another ****** phone.
    You do realize that when you get back home you won't be able to put your AT&T sim back in and have it work. Right?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You do realize that when you get back home you won't be able to put your AT&T sim back in and have it work. Right?
    And why is that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is simply not true. Please do not spread fear, uncertainty and doubt if you don't know the facts. Our unlocks simply turn the handset into a factory unlocked unit, any sim card will work including obviously the original at&t one.

And in reply to the guy with a jailbroken unit, yes you need to remove the jailbreak before applying the unlock I.e. restore the handset. You can always re-jailbreak afterwards if you desire.

Thanks

^well it isn't essential to remove the jailbreak to have the unlock occur. It only matters if activation was made by the jailbreak tool. If a original carrier sim was used to activate the phone then just putting in a sim from a different carrier and connecting to iTunes will work. Even if a jailbreak tool was used to activate there are other options besides restoring. SAM or redsnow can be used to deactivate the phone so that iTunes will reactivate the phone the proper way with the unlock tickets.

Of course restoring is generally easier to do for most people

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by official-iphoneunlock View Post
    That is simply not true. Please do not spread fear, uncertainty and doubt if you don't know the facts. Our unlocks simply turn the handset into a factory unlocked unit, any sim card will work including obviously the original at&t one.
    This isn't what I heard from an AT&T rep. So now I don't know who to believe. I hope YOU'RE right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am suspending my account with AT&t and will pay it back as soon as i have the money to do so. You obviously cannot just leave your contract with months worth of bills, not pay and just expect to use it again when you get back.
    You can suspend your account but will still get billed 10$ a month

Thanks

This isn't what I heard from an AT&T rep. So now I don't know who to believe. I hope YOU'RE right.
    If the phone is officially unlocked (or any type of unlock for that matter) it will work with any sim card. Even the sim card from the carrier the phone was locked to, in this case ATT. I don't understand what would make you think otherwise, unlocked is unlocked.

As for people not paying their bill etc that is a different thing altogether. Obviously if the bill is not paid then the sim will not get service.

Thanks

If the phone is officially unlocked (or any type of unlock for that matter) it will work with any sim card. Even the sim card from the carrier the phone was locked to, in this case ATT. I don't understand what would make you think otherwise, unlocked is unlocked.

As for people not paying their bill etc that is a different thing altogether. Obviously if the bill is not paid then the sim will not get service.
    Yes that does make more sense. Unlocked is unlocked. But new people watching should understand this is more of a "hacking" situation. AT&T does not allow "official" unlock until after your contract is complete. They do not sanction this 3rd party unlocking "for a fee". In my educated view it's not on the "up and up" or it's 'barely legal' if legal at all. That's the impression I got from the AT&T rep. And after some Googling about this issue.

If AT&T wanted their phones unlocked early they'd do it for you themselves (and DO unlock for you when your contracts over or when you pay full retail price for your iPhone). This service's main "audience" should be people who are out of the country temporarily (though AT&T has their own International plans too that they're losing $ on when people unlock early) and intend to make good on their AT&T acct when they return. But I dare say the main group of people using this 'unlock service' are people that intend to stiff AT&T for their bill and leave contract early.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Well I am not sure myself how they are getting it done but the end result is no different than if ATT requested the unlock themselves. The IMEI is added to Apple's "white list" server for being unlocked.

I will admit I am curious as to how they get it done. Maybe they have a contact at ATT? I dunno.

Being international I can say that this service is good and sometimes the only option for people that buy ATT locked iPhones off ebay or wherever and dont actually live in the US and have never been an ATT customer (like myself). For these people ATT will not unlock the phone even if the phone is out of contract because they are not ATT customers.

Thanks

Well I am not sure myself how they are getting it done but the end result is no different than if ATT requested the unlock themselves. The IMEI is added to Apple's "white list" server for being unlocked.

I will admit I am curious as to how they get it done. Maybe they have a contact at ATT? I dunno.
    I heard about this in another forum too - where a guy started a thread and said that it was indeed based in someone 'on the inside'. That person may be the person that's chimed into this thread twice now.

Being international I can say that this service is good and sometimes the only option for people that buy ATT locked iPhones off ebay or wherever and dont actually live in the US and have never been an ATT customer (like myself). For these people ATT will not unlock the phone even if the phone is out of contract because they are not ATT customers.
    Yes. Agreed. But Simon - the majority of all the eBay iPhones selling out there are unlocked already. When I sell my old phones on eBay - I just call AT&T ask them to unlock my phone. It's free and they have NO problem doing it. AS LONG as I've signed up for a new 2 year contract period and bought a new phone from them, that is.. :-).. There's a lot of people trying to 'get over on AT&T' and that kinda thing 'irks' me. But it's good to know that there is a service for one of a handful only of legitimate reasons for early unlock.

Thanks

Not sure I'd agree with that. If more people were like you that may be the case but there are tons of people who sell them on eBay still locked to ATT. Buyers are drawn to these because they tend to be priced lower than unlocked ones.