Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I think the real reason there's a problem - is that there are SO many people "dealing/selling" iPhones on the internet for more than they were bought for these days. The real $ can be gotten when the phone is unlocked. So a lot of 'disreputable' sellers on eBay was to get something for nothing. So they ask AT&T for unlock after unlock. AT&T knows this and has had to crack down by identifying original ownership. But this is NOT a problem with AT&T. Enough said... off my soapbox now. :-/

yeah i read on the other forum that they are trying to stop unlocking due to too many demands.
    I am the original owner but they said i still need to provide receipt.
    I guess i had bad luck

oh well, its ok.
    now my iphone is unlocked and i am happy~

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtigerkiss View Post
    Be careful
    I was using Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock to unlock my Iphone 4 from ATT
    After paying and sending 1000 mails I never got a response, just got my money stolen.

Now they offer to charge again, this is not a way to do business, does anybody have similar experiences?
    How exactly did they steal your money? You have any proof of this? I have used that site to unlock many iPhones, and not just ATT ones. Every time they have either got the unlock done or issued a refund if they were not able to do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

AT&T won't unlock my replacement 3GS that I got from Apple Store, they said that my IMEI is ineligible.

AT&T has NEVER asked me for a receipt in any of the 5-6 phones I have unlocked after contract periods or after paying the contract buy out fee. Wonder why they asked you that.
    I thought AT&T would only only 5 phones a year?

Quote Originally Posted by official-iphoneunlock View Post
    You cannot unlock an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S for free. You must know this by now.
    This is a completely false statement. When you're out of your contract period with AT&T or pay to end your contract, AT&T will unlock your phone for free. Additionally there have been many software unlocks for free depending on the baseband. There are also several very reasonably priced hardware unlock solutions like Gevey. And then theere are solutions for getting lower monthly bills that don't require unlocking at all like StraightTalk which works on GSM iPhones - $45 mo for unlimited talk, text and data.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    I thought AT&T would only unlock 5 phones a year?
    I didn't say that I did them all in one year. :-). It really depends on contract end date as to when they'll approve the unlock.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-21-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

When you're out of your contract period with AT&T or pay to end your contract, AT&T will unlock your phone for free.
    If you pay to end your contract then you aren't exactly getting an unlock for free now are you

Additionally there have been many software unlocks for free depending on the baseband.
    The last free software unlock was released back in 2010. ultrasnow has not worked with any iPhone 4 basebands since then. And there is no software unlock for a 4S. There was the SAM method but that only lasted a week.

I didn't say that I did them all in one year. :-). It really depends on contract end date as to when they'll approve the unlock.
    ATT have only been unlocking iPhones since April this year so not sure what you mean here. Unless you are talking about other types of phones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    How exactly did they steal your money? You have any proof of this? I have used that site to unlock many iPhones, and not just ATT ones. Every time they have either got the unlock done or issued a refund if they were not able to do it.
    Guys i think people need to do a research before they head onto such process, this will prove to be worthy in every way. I read the reviews especially in your forum and the overall opinion amongst the various users. Then i checked their homepage and a few recent blogs. All these cumulatively suggested that the OfficialiPhoneUnlock was in fact genuine & a sincere attempt to unlock the iPhone. This prompted me to enroll for their service.

Voila i had my unlock in 4 working days.

Its definitely tough to be a good cop in a city which is full of fugitives but its not the end of the road. So a service such as unlocking provided by them is definitely hard to reach the people because the premonition of "being a scam" propaganda fueled by certain users. I think people who have benefited from their service should spread the right news.
    Thanks a lot Simon & thank you the team of www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk.

im getting an iphone 3gs tomorrow thats still at 3.13.not jail broken,,even has the original sim card.
    If i let att unlock it at 5.1.1 will i still be able to jailbreak it?
    Brother is the original owner and can call to get it unlocked.

yes to both questions. Wait first until the phone is unlocked. The rest is very easy

Unfortunately official-iphoneunlock said "no" to my request to unlock my iphone 4, carrrier "America Movil Mexico", purchase country: Mexico.
    Any other solution for this?

tq

Quote Originally Posted by official-iphoneunlock View Post
    Hi,

I just found this thread. I am Stephanie and I work at Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock! Just want to thank Simon for recommending our site on here, it means a lot to be recommended on such a well-known and respected site and we are aiming to deliver the best service possible in an industry that is besieged with scammers.

in terms of timeframes for unlocks, we did have a rather large backlog which is now totally clear (there were a LOT of you wanting your AT&T unit unlocked!!) and I would like to thank people for being patient during the month of May, I feel that anything greater than 7 days is unacceptable and have been working hard to get this down.

I am now very pleased to say that now our AT&T iPhone 4 and 3GS are being unlocked within 24 hours from the date of purchase.

For the iPhone 4S, however, there are some delays (as of June 4th) for a few days due to some policy updates within AT&T.

We can also unlock many other networks. Any queries, don't hesitate to ask. We are also on twitter @unlocksales

Did they tell you, what was the reason to decline??

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Did they tell you, what was the reason to decline??
    Just "no"..No other reason..So appreciate if anyone here could assist me.Most of the unlock services company said no to my request.
    If really no solution for this, I've to sell it off.I believed that solution from dev team still long way to go.

Don't you think that there is something wrong with that phone of yours, since all of them sad no??

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Don't you think that there is something wrong with that phone of yours, since all of them sad no??
    What kind of something wrong you guess..Maybe can share with me.Its not stolen phone.
    Most of the unlock company immediately said no.They not even wait 1-2 hours.
    Some unlock company advised in the web "not available" when I've selected Mexico carrier.

Any thought?

Thanks

These IMEI unlocking sites cannot do every carrier. I don't even see Mexico on their order page so why would you even try? Only way to get that unlocked is request the carrier it is locked to unlock it for you.

Well, at first, it seamed to me that there is some kind of "security issue" with it, but now, as you say that everyone is refusing to do the unlock, it has to do something with the Mexican carrier.

Im using iPhone 4 which is locked to Telus mobility canada, i bought it from canada but now im living in another country and i havent used telus for more then 4 months so telus is not unlocking my phone

Can anyone help me gettinng my phone factory unlocked?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Usama shah View Post
    Im using iPhone 4 which is locked to Telus mobility canada, i bought it from canada but now im living in another country and i havent used telus for more then 4 months so telus is not unlocking my phone

Can anyone help me gettinng my phone factory unlocked?
    if your phone is on 5.0 or higher there is no other way you can get it unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    These IMEI unlocking sites cannot do every carrier. I don't even see Mexico on their order page so why would you even try? Only way to get that unlocked is request the carrier it is locked to unlock it for you.
    I did checked with Telcel Mexico..They confirmed that the IMEI is belong to them, but they refused to unlock and pointed me to Apple for unlocking.
    The reason was given to me that Telcel Mexico didn't provided any unlocking..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bukhori View Post
    I did checked with Telcel Mexico..They confirmed that the IMEI is belong to them, but they refused to unlock and pointed me to Apple for unlocking.
    The reason was given to me that Telcel Mexico didn't provided any unlocking..
    Apple will not unlock it themselves. They will only unlock a iPhone at the request of the carrier it is locked to. So sounds like you are out of luck sorry.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast