Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

  1. #61
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    When I looked it was $99 for 8g with ATT contract or $549 unlocked no contract.
    Refurb bud: Get Started - from AT&T

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Edit: I also don't consider MMi officially affiliated with the unlock services. We suggest sites that we personally have found or know to be legitimate simply because it can help people. We aren't advertising, we aren't promoting bad business, we are trying to help people. It's better than sitting around saying "sorry we can't help, don't know what you should do" when all other unlocking options are not available to them.
    Exactly

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Refurb bud: Get Started - from AT&T



    Exactly
    hey simon, do you know if your device can already be jailbroken before using there unlock service? or would i need to factory reset via itunes.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    thats $49 for a refurb iphone 4 which you pointed out. but in response to your comment, its only $99 for a new locked contract w/ ATT and not $350 as you stated. iphone 4 NIB is $549 for an unlocked no contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not sure you are understanding. Did a little research.

    From a quick look online I found you can buy a iPhone 4 locked to ATT for about $350 new. Unlocked for around $450. So about a $100 difference there. With the exchange rate right now ATT unlocks are around $135 (depending on the day/rate) from that site. So not a huge difference there.

  4. #64
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    thats $49 for a refurb iphone 4 which you pointed out. but in response to your comment, its only $99 for a new locked contract w/ ATT and not $350 as you stated. iphone 4 NIB is $549 for an unlocked no contract.
    Those prices were not from ATT. Those prices were from looking at averages on ebay. I used ebay because I wanted to show more of a world view point and not just a US one, and also show what the difference between non-contract locked and unlocked iPhones is. My point wasn't about what I or anyone could find because as you have proven the prices will vary depending on the source.
    It doesn't really matter though, all I was trying to show is that the difference between a locked and unlocked iPhone justifies the price that site has for unlocking. Even more so for contract bought iPhones.

    Quote Originally Posted by ncrazyballa View Post
    hey simon, do you know if your device can already be jailbroken before using there unlock service? or would i need to factory reset via itunes.
    Depends if you hactivated it or not. If you activated with a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to then you would be fine. If you used redsnow/snowbreeze to hactivate then you would either need to restore or use SAM to revert your lockdown to stock so you could activate properly after the official unlock goes through.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    cyb3rduck (09-08-2012)

  6. #65
    So I got my approval letter to unlock my iphone 4 from AT&T today. A friend who is an ATT customer called and got it for me. What do I do now? Have heard a couple of different things.

    Do I need a sim in it to proceed?
    Does that sim have to be a good activated sim? I have the att sim that came with the phone but it is not valid anymore. Doesn't receive a signal.
    Should I get my buddy to put his good sim in it before I proceed?

    Don't want to mess up the unlock process so I will wait for answer. Thank you very much.

  7. #66
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Sim does not have to be active. It has to be a sim from a carrier other than ATT. Put in that sim and connect the phone to iTunes.

  8. #67
    Simon, That was perfect, Thank you!

    That was a little scary at the end. It did not tell me it was unlocked at the end. But put new sim card in and rebooted and tmobile came up and is running.

    Thanks again!

  9. #68
    If you just connected it to iTunes and got Tmobile signal, you don't get the congratulations message. Only if you first do a restore with iTunes. But I guess, it doesn't matter now

  10. #69
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    If you just connected it to iTunes and got Tmobile signal, you don't get the congratulations message. Only if you first do a restore with iTunes. But I guess, it doesn't matter now
    Not true. You still get the message most of the time. But it definitely isn't a 100% thing.

  11. #70

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not true. You still get the message most of the time. But it definitely isn't a 100% thing.
    You sad yourself, it's not 100%. I never got that message after my iPhone was unlocked from AT&T. Since the unlock, I activated it with iTunes, twice restore and clean restore and in never happened, but frankly , I don't care, as long as I open settings - about...and see BB 4.12.01 and my iPhone rocks. Wonderful feeling after so many months of torture with gevey

  13. #72
    thank you to this thread.. im getting mine unlocked!

    The at&t was ridiculous saying I need to provide receipt.
    They think people keep receipt after 2 years

    Thanks simon for the site!!

  14. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxjulybabyxxx View Post
    thank you to this thread.. im getting mine unlocked!

    The at&t was ridiculous saying I need to provide receipt.
    They think people keep receipt after 2 years

    Thanks simon for the site!!
    AT&T has NEVER asked me for a receipt in any of the 5-6 phones I have unlocked after contract periods or after paying the contract buy out fee. Wonder why they asked you that.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  15. #74
    They do that now, every single time. It's only the matter to get a reasonable person on the other side, which would like to hear you out.

  16. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    They do that now, every single time. It's only the matter to get a reasonable person on the other side, which would like to hear you out.
    I got an unlock two weeks ago. And they did not ask for a receipt. So it doesn't happen "every single time".
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  17. #76
    Ok, than either every single time 98 % of cases or get a reasonable person on the other side 2 %.
    All I want to say is, there is always hope, so anyone interested in unlocking their iPhones, be patient and call as long as it's necessary to catch those 2 %

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Ok, than either every single time 98 % of cases or get a reasonable person on the other side 2 %.
    All I want to say is, there is always hope, so anyone interested in unlocking their iPhones, be patient and call as long as it's necessary to catch those 2 %
    I think the real reason there's a problem - is that there are SO many people "dealing/selling" iPhones on the internet for more than they were bought for these days. The real $ can be gotten when the phone is unlocked. So a lot of 'disreputable' sellers on eBay was to get something for nothing. So they ask AT&T for unlock after unlock. AT&T knows this and has had to crack down by identifying original ownership. But this is NOT a problem with AT&T. Enough said... off my soapbox now. :-/

  19. #78
    Be careful
    I was using Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock to unlock my Iphone 4 from ATT
    After paying and sending 1000 mails I never got a response, just got my money stolen.

    Now they offer to charge again, this is not a way to do business, does anybody have similar experiences?

  20. #79

  21. #80
    You cannot unlock an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S for free. You must know this by now.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •