Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

Depends on the carrier. AT&T has varied for me. My first ones took 3 weeks. My latest one I did with them took 4 days. So anyone's guess really. It looks like they are getting a bit faster though.

how about me? my iphone 4 you can help unlock it? my imei:012336007908399.im wating good news from you

Simon,

Thanks for the idea on the timeline. Mine is an US AT&T iphone 4s. The fact the unlock servers don't update over the weekend makes waiting suck. LOL. But, thanks for all your useful information through for unlocking!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    At&t is a pure greed driven corporate vampire run company by a demonically greedy ghoul named Randall L. Stephenson that has sold his soul long ago as he prances around with the other super 'elitists' globalist types that screw over the general masses, i.e. 99% of us.

What a shame that Apple had to get in an exclusive agreement with At&t for as long as they did. Now that other carriers who are relatively less evil and greedy offer the iPhone good people in the US can only wish for the creeping demise and gradual eroding of the At&t business model and their ill-gained past monopoly-ensured profits.

T-Mobile followed by Sprint are the two of the major networks that are more customer focused.

At&t has recently started to refuse to unlock any more iphones unless you meet criteria that almost no non-At&t or former At&t customer can now meet.

The little slice of goodwill that was briefly felt towards At&t due to the unlocking is forever gone. At&t may have subsidized the devices but they do not own the idevices, the customers do and still cannot get their iPhone unlocked despite having paid exorbitant fees during the contract period and have accounts in good standing with no ETF issues.

Between At&t and Apple rendering so many iPhones UNUSABLE as phones because of At&t no longer wanting to issue the IMEI unlock to the Apple Servers and Apple constantly trying to stop people from using an iPhone as a phone rather than an iPod all we can do is say goodbye permanently out of principle to both At&t and Apple and over time just make the migration towards Android or any other better alternative when ready.

Facts:

At&t has specialized in the financial raping of their customers at every possible point in order to leach profits and outright steal from their customers with false billing for data and messages.

At&t and Verizon have been publicly been caught fleecing their customers in the above manner as posted on several mainstream news articles over the web.
    I got my Iphone unlocked by AT&T, guess I was one of the first that made it, because at the beginning they had simple reasonable rules, after that ......... no comment, but your post, spot on, congratulations.

Hi,

I just found this thread. I am Stephanie and I work at officialiphoneunlock. Just want to thank Simon for recommending our site on here, it means a lot to be recommended on such a well-known and respected site and we are aiming to deliver the best service possible in an industry that is besieged with scammers.

in terms of timeframes for unlocks, we did have a rather large backlog which is now totally clear (there were a LOT of you wanting your AT&T unit unlocked!!) and I would like to thank people for being patient during the month of May, I feel that anything greater than 7 days is unacceptable and have been working hard to get this down.

I am now very pleased to say that now our AT&T iPhone 4 and 3GS are being unlocked within 24 hours from the date of purchase.

For the iPhone 4S, however, there are some delays (as of June 4th) for a few days due to some policy updates within AT&T.

We can also unlock many other networks. Any queries, don't hesitate to ask. We are also on twitter @unlocksales
    Last edited by Simon; 08-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Huynh, as per the previous posts, we can certain unlock your handset if you are not an AT&T customer.

I would also advise NOT to write your IMEI in a public forum! Stephanie.
    Last edited by Simon; 06-05-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by synbios1978 View Post
    Simon,

Thanks for the idea on the timeline. Mine is an US AT&T iphone 4s. The fact the unlock servers don't update over the weekend makes waiting suck. LOL. But, thanks for all your useful information through for unlocking!
    All our 4s have now been unlocked, so yours will now been done! Back down to 24 hours now.

Yup. Iphone 4S is now unlocked, and I have a very happy wife. :-) Thanks to Simon for the recommendation and thanks to Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock for offering an amazing service at a very fair price. Also, thanks to Stephanie there for bringing a nice personal touch to their communication, and a great website which offers updates on the unlock status!

Hi there, when will u offering rogers 4s unlock ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasss View Post
    I only charge $75.
    I can unlock your iPhone locked on At&t for 80.The lead time is 24-48 hours.

Regards

I am going to throw up. This is getting out of control. Didn't know that this is a rip off business forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    I am going to throw up. This is getting out of control. Didn't know that this is a rip off business forum.
    define 'rip off business' please? I would define a rip off business as one providing no value. i.e. one selling freely available jailbreak software. There is no value in that.

One selling something of value, an official factory unlock, which is impossible to achieve in certain circumstances - i.e. not the original contract holder, or AT&T 4S, I would certainly not put that in the bracket of a 'rip off business'.
    Last edited by official-iphoneunlock; 06-11-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by official-iphoneunlock View Post
    define 'rip off business' please? I would define a rip off business as one providing no value. i.e. one selling freely available jailbreak software. There is no value in that.

One selling something of value, an official factory unlock, which is impossible to achieve in certain circumstances - i.e. not the original contract holder, or AT&T 4S, I would certainly not put that in the bracket of a 'rip off business'.
    hi, i think im going to put my order in today. whats the time fram for iphone 4 US tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by official-iphoneunlock View Post

With pleasure indeed.
    If we consider that these days you can buy for some 300 to 350 EUR a sim free I4 16 GB(second hand), that's more than reason enough for me to call it that way. This is just for the start, I can imagine that this discussion will develope, so..........

Thanks

With pleasure indeed.
    If we consider that these days you can buy for some 300 to 350 EUR a sim free I4 16 GB(second hand), that's more than reason enough for me to call it that way. This is just for the start, I can imagine that this discussion will develope, so..........
    Try looking at it this way.
    What is the price of a locked iPhone 4? What is the price of a officially unlocked iPhone 4? Work out the difference and compare that price to what is charged by their service.

Exactly, agreed. I mean rip off=using situation.
    But that's the way things work.....sad

Thanks

Exactly, agreed. I mean rip off=using situation.
    But that's the way things work.....sad
    Not sure you are understanding. Did a little research.

From a quick look online I found you can buy a iPhone 4 locked to ATT for about $350 new. Unlocked for around $450. So about a $100 difference there. With the exchange rate right now ATT unlocks are around $135 (depending on the day/rate) from that site. So not a huge difference there.

Factor in what some people may pay for a on contract locked iPhone (about $50 for a iPhone 4 on ATT's website) and the difference becomes even more.

All in all it is a steep price for some to pay but it is a full IMEI unlock. I myself consider it a fair price and would not call them rip off artists at all.

the price is pretty steep, $130 for an unlock. only a ripoff depending on who it concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not sure you are understanding. Did a little research.

From a quick look online I found you can buy a iPhone 4 locked to ATT for about $350 new. Unlocked for around $450. So about a $100 difference there. With the exchange rate right now ATT unlocks are around $135 (depending on the day/rate) from that site. So not a huge difference there.

Factor in what some people may pay for a on contract locked iPhone (about $50 for a iPhone 4 on ATT's website) and the difference becomes even more.

All in all it is a steep price for some to pay but it is a full IMEI unlock. I myself consider it a fair price and would not call them rip off artists at all.
    When I looked it was $99 for 8g with ATT contract or $549 unlocked no contract.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339479683.038188.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339479698.050052.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Most people pay for the unlock service after already having owned the device. If they paid without contract from purchasing elsewhere and the device is locked to a carrier, I also agree $130 isn't a bad price for unlocking. If you already have the device, and you paid a few hundred for it, you would've still paid less than what a factory unlocked new costs. Add the unlock service price to it and you've got about the same price you'd pay for a factory unlocked new.

It's even better for people who bought it with contract before. If somebody were to purchase a locked device now and then proceed to get the unlock service, it'd be pointless to do so. Might as well just buy a factory unlocked. Then again you might consider factoring in the sales tax, so even buying a locked device then adding the unlock service fee can be cheaper (depending on where you buy the device from) than straight up buying a factory unlocked from Apple or the carrier .

Edit: I also don't consider MMi officially affiliated with the unlock services. We suggest sites that we personally have found or know to be legitimate simply because it can help people. We aren't advertising, we aren't promoting bad business, we are trying to help people. It's better than sitting around saying "sorry we can't help, don't know what you should do" when all other unlocking options are not available to them.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 06-12-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast