Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 Times in 6,640 Posts

Ya, you need to setup secure code with it first then. You sign up here: MasterCard SecureCode | Credit Card Security Code | MasterCard®

You have to put in your card info and bank etc. It is a service from mastercard for more secure online transactions. After I did that the unlock site worked fine with my MC.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks again, payment went through

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

At&t sound like a complete pack of shite-hawks given the general consensus on MMI. Iv dealt with O2 uk and Vodafone uk and they're very willing to unlock handsets. Are they THAT scared of losing the business....?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For some reason i got quite lucky on getting my iphone 4 unlock just ysterday. Also i am not an att customer, i think you have to do some social engineering to get your iphone unlock. What kind of sucks is that when i try to do an unlock for my 4s (yes i have 4 and 4s) they told me that i have to be an att customer and also know the original owner # and such. So she recommend me to resell it or be an att customer. So my guess is you just have to call them like every other day around 12ish and try your luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i am still waiting on the unlock code. mabey monday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lm921 View Post
    i am still waiting on the unlock code. mabey monday
    I just got a bunch I did with them back yesterday and today. I put in the orders on May 5-7th. So it could take a couple weeks. They will get it done though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lm921 (05-29-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

login wed only 24$ to unlock iphone 4
    Last edited by Simon; 05-27-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks

M having iPhone4 ,imei 012337001926734.
    It's locked to AT&T and I requested att to unlock it.
    They said they don't have any information about my iPhone ..
    I searched from a site and it's claim that mu iPhone is locked to AT&T and its off contact now ...can anyone help me which carrier my iPhone is locked to..??
    Please help unlocked my iPhone ....

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    At&t sound like a complete pack of shite-hawks given the general consensus on MMI. Iv dealt with O2 uk and Vodafone uk and they're very willing to unlock handsets. Are they THAT scared of losing the business....?
    At&t is a pure greed driven corporate vampire run company by a demonically greedy ghoul named Randall L. Stephenson that has sold his soul long ago as he prances around with the other super 'elitists' globalist types that screw over the general masses, i.e. 99% of us.

What a shame that Apple had to get in an exclusive agreement with At&t for as long as they did. Now that other carriers who are relatively less evil and greedy offer the iPhone good people in the US can only wish for the creeping demise and gradual eroding of the At&t business model and their ill-gained past monopoly-ensured profits.

T-Mobile followed by Sprint are the two of the major networks that are more customer focused.

At&t has recently started to refuse to unlock any more iphones unless you meet criteria that almost no non-At&t or former At&t customer can now meet.

The little slice of goodwill that was briefly felt towards At&t due to the unlocking is forever gone. At&t may have subsidized the devices but they do not own the idevices, the customers do and still cannot get their iPhone unlocked despite having paid exorbitant fees during the contract period and have accounts in good standing with no ETF issues.

Between At&t and Apple rendering so many iPhones UNUSABLE as phones because of At&t no longer wanting to issue the IMEI unlock to the Apple Servers and Apple constantly trying to stop people from using an iPhone as a phone rather than an iPod all we can do is say goodbye permanently out of principle to both At&t and Apple and over time just make the migration towards Android or any other better alternative when ready.

Facts:

At&t has specialized in the financial raping of their customers at every possible point in order to leach profits and outright steal from their customers with false billing for data and messages.

At&t and Verizon have been publicly been caught fleecing their customers in the above manner as posted on several mainstream news articles over the web.
    Last edited by zeppy; 05-27-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    At&t is a pure greed driven corporate vampire run company by a demonically greedy ghoul named Randall L. Stephenson that has sold his soul long ago as he prances around with the other super 'elitists' globalist types that screw over the general masses, i.e. 99% of us.

What a shame that Apple had to get in an exclusive agreement with At&t for as long as they did. Now that other carriers who are relatively less evil and greedy offer the iPhone good people in the US can only wish for the creeping demise and gradual eroding of the At&t business model and their ill-gained past monopoly-ensured profits.

T-Mobile followed by Sprint are the two of the major networks that are more customer focused.

At&t has recently started to refuse to unlock any more iphones unless you meet criteria that almost no non-At&t or former At&t customer can now meet.

The little slice of goodwill that was briefly felt towards At&t due to the unlocking is forever gone. At&t may have subsidized the devices but they do not own the idevices, the customers do and still cannot get their iPhone unlocked despite having paid exorbitant fees during the contract period and have accounts in good standing with no ETF issues.

Between At&t and Apple rendering so many iPhones UNUSABLE as phones because of At&t no longer wanting to issue the IMEI unlock to the Apple Servers and Apple constantly trying to stop people from using an iPhone as a phone rather than an iPod all we can do is say goodbye permanently out of principle to both At&t and Apple and over time just make the migration towards Android or any other better alternative when ready.

Facts:

At&t has specialized in the financial raping of their customers at every possible point in order to leach profits and outright steal from their customers with false billing for data and messages.

At&t and Verizon have been publicly been caught fleecing their customers in the above manner as posted on several mainstream news articles over the web.
    The problem with T-Mobile is that they don't yet offer 3G on iPhones. However I am staying loyal to them no matter what. I like their service. I have never had a problem with it. I hate their large Android selection though. I despise Android. I can stand the Windows Mobile a little bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

The funny thing is I think an iPhone on T-Mobile has faster data speeds than a Verizon iPhone using 3G lol. I've had T-Mo with an iPhone and I'm now on Verizon with 3G data on my iPhone, I think the speeds are near equal just bc T-Mo is GSM. If I wasn't so tired all the unlocking or not being able to afford a factory unlocked iPhone, I would be on T-Mobile too. But now that there are rumors that T-Mo may in the future use frequencies that allow iPhones to use 3G on its network, it might just make me go back. That and Verizon is eliminating unlimited data for customers who want to upgrade to a 4G device...

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goof View Post
    The problem with T-Mobile is that they don't yet offer 3G on iPhones. However I am staying loyal to them no matter what. I like their service. I have never had a problem with it. I hate their large Android selection though. I despise Android. I can stand the Windows Mobile a little bit.
    Love my T-Mobile too! They have been so good, just great in so many ways and I have had cell phones with many different companies/carriers since 1995.

T-Mobile just rocks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I just got a bunch I did with them back yesterday and today. I put in the orders on May 5-7th. So it could take a couple weeks. They will get it done though.
    mabey wednsday, i will keep saying that until i get the code lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lm921 View Post
    mabey wednsday, i will keep saying that until i get the code lol
    You did it on like the 20th of May right? Mine took about 18 days. That would be like June 7th for you (if it is around the same timeline).

Green Apple
    Thanks

You did it on like the 20th of May right? Mine took about 18 days. That would be like June 7th for you (if it is around the same timeline).
    i know, just saying it make me feel better, lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Simon! I've been a lurker now registered just to say thanks for this.
    I got my unlock from them, their turn around time is improved, I got mine around when this thread started, so it's about 10 days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjshal View Post
    Thanks Simon! I've been a lurker now registered just to say thanks for this.
    I got my unlock from them, their turn around time is improved, I got mine around when this thread started, so it's about 10 days.
    Glad to hear they are getting a bit faster. They must be getting through that initial backlog of unlocks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i received my notice today and everything went fine my daughter is very happy
    thanks for the help and info.

Thanks

No prob

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for your recommendations. Based on everyone's reviews here, I just purchased the unlock earlier this week. What status took the longest for you guys if you don't mind me asking? I'm excited for this to get through (even though I know I'll probably have ~10 days to wait). My status is currently on IMEI submitted to server, awaiting update. Is this the one that will take a week or so to complete?

Thanks!