Closed Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
A few people on MacRumors have reported relocks. I deactivated again and then reconnected to iTunes. Still got the Congratz message so I should be fine for now.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

A few people on MacRumors have reported relocks. I deactivated again and then reconnected to iTunes. Still got the Congratz message so I should be fine for now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Yup couple of people are reporting that they got locked again. I have requested my unlock for 4S with them just couple of hours back. The phone is still in shipping.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
    did you check your imei on those imei checker sites?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    did you check your imei on those imei checker sites?
    Yup. They all say that I'm still locked when I clearly got the iTunes Congratz message.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

well hope when you get your sim card it works
    give us an update when you get it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    well hope when you get your sim card it works
    give us an update when you get it
    Will do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just wanted to update the MMi community that I have yet to receive a response from unlock_fusion. The sale date for the unlock is 9/10/12 so if my issue isn't resolved by tomorrow I will just request for a refund. I'm quite surprised the way that he/she is handling this because I usually purchase my unlock codes for Blackberries/HTC phones through this seller but for whatever reason this time they are acting quite shady.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,448 Times in 4,291 Posts

Buyer beware with UnlockFusion. This is what I wrote on the other unlock thread where this is being discussed:

You're either unlocked or not. The IMEI service checker sites are accurate conveyors of the phone's status since they are connected to Apple's servers and even report your serial number only available from Apple's servers. If you're marked locked there - a new sim won't work regardless of what iTunes reports. - sadly.
    Have we had a victim? Thought it was resolved.
    Xclusiveiphone's 2nd phone is still locked (actually relocked after having been unlocked) after having paid UnlockFusion.

We're at a point where now five different phones are having problems with this method. I believe that Apple/AT&T is catching on to what is a "shady" process this guy on eBay has been using. And I fear Apple/AT&T will continue to go down their lists and start relocking phones - at least the ones that were in contract. You're likely ok with out of contract phones.

I believe it's in ModMyI's best interest to not do any more recommendations to this reseller - regardless of personal success. His method of doing the unlocks has likely involved an illegal access of personal accounts and it appears AT&T and/or Apple is catching on and relocking phones.

Go to a reputable unlock service. Reputable = more expensive - as a general rule of thumb in this life, gang. ;-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The funny thing though is that i was having the same problem even though i went through AppleNBerry.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Buyer beware with UnlockFusion. This is what I wrote on the other unlock thread where this is being discussed:

You're either unlocked or not. The IMEI service checker sites are accurate conveyors of the phone's status since they are connected to Apple's servers and even report your serial number only available from Apple's servers. If you're marked locked there - a new sim won't work regardless of what iTunes reports. - sadly.
    Xclusiveiphone's 2nd phone is still locked (actually relocked after having been unlocked) after having paid UnlockFusion.

We're at a point where now five different phones are having problems with this method. I believe that Apple/AT&T is catching on to what is a "shady" process this guy on eBay has been using. And I fear Apple/AT&T will continue to go down their lists and start relocking phones - at least the ones that were in contract. You're likely ok with out of contract phones.

I believe it's in ModMyI's best interest to not do any more recommendations to this reseller - regardless of personal success. His method of doing the unlocks has likely involved an illegal access of personal accounts and it appears AT&T and/or Apple is catching on and relocking phones.

Go to a reputable unlock service. Reputable = more expensive - as a general rule of thumb in this life, gang. ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whorichard View Post
    The funny thing though is that i was having the same problem even though i went through AppleNBerry.
    Who are they? And what specifically was your problem? We've talked about a lot here. :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

And you info to make this call comes from where?

Quote Originally Posted by whorichard View Post
    How odd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    And you info to make this call comes from where?
    Just from the recent inconsistencies of confirmed unlocks we're hearing about now in both the unlock threads. Seems to have flawless until recently. 5 people now that have had their unlocks from UnlockFusion stay locked even after the confirmation unlock email. That data is not a concern for you? Jes' askin'...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Thread closed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Bummer, party's over?