Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

  1. #241
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,595
    Thanks
    6,868
    Thanked 15,288 Times in 7,012 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Shadow View Post
    ow great now i need to get to sim cards just to unlock an iphone

    the hactivation does go away once you reset to factory settings right?
    You don't need to get SIM cards to unlock it. If it is AT&T iPhone either get AT&T or use blkcadis link on eBay to unlock it. That's it. Once they email you back that it is unlocked restore the phone with any sim in it. Even an AT&T one will be fine. All this info is already in this thread. Hopefully this will fully clear it up for you.


    Ok?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Silent Shadow (09-13-2012)

  3. #242
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ookkokok

  4. #243
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,595
    Thanks
    6,868
    Thanked 15,288 Times in 7,012 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Shadow View Post
    really?

    so i dont have to buy att sim card to activate it and a t mobile sim card for unlocking process?

    that way i will just need t mobile
    Once unlocked you just need one sim. Doesn't matter what carrier.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Silent Shadow (09-13-2012)

  6. #244
    For the people that used unlockfusion... how did you guys have to wait for you to get the email from them saying it was okay to backup and restore? Still waiting on mine. Just wondering!

  7. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Once unlocked you just need one sim. Doesn't matter what carrier.
    Well - a GSM carrier.. right? Or IF there's a SIM - then it's automatically a GSM carrier? Is that it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    For the people that used unlockfusion... how did you guys have to wait for you to get the email from them saying it was okay to backup and restore? Still waiting on mine. Just wondering!
    Mine was done in 3 hours. But a couple others reported as long as 14 hours. They commit to 12-24 hours. They've gotten KILLED with requests in the last 24 hours. I was at the leading edge and I think that's why I got it so fast. It's going to take longer now. The rush before the iPhone 5 is out. And eBay is GLUTTED with sales of 4S now. It will be hard to sell a 4S for quite some time unless you 'fire sale' it for real cheap and unlocked. Most of us will need to buy our iP5 BEFORE we sell our 4S. If we're that antsy to get an iP5 that is.

  8. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well - a GSM carrier.. right? Or IF there's a SIM - then it's automatically a GSM carrier? Is that it?

    Mine was done in 3 hours. But a couple others reported as long as 14 hours. They commit to 12-24 hours. They've gotten KILLED with requests in the last 24 hours. I was at the leading edge and I think that's why I got it so fast. It's going to take longer now. The rush before the iPhone 5 is out. And eBay is GLUTTED with sales of 4S now. It will be hard to sell a 4S for quite some time unless you 'fire sale' it for real cheap and unlocked. Most of us will need to buy our iP5 BEFORE we sell our 4S. If we're that antsy to get an iP5 that is.
    My iPhone has had a buyer for two days already. Put it up on craigslist right after the announcement of the iPhone 5 and by the end of the day I had 6 offers all over 250. The person I chose to sell it to though just asked for it to be unlocked so I was nice enough to pay for the unlock for them. Hope it doesnt take too long because I would like to get it off my hands by today (friday) so I can preorder the iPhone 5!!
    Last edited by Nest; 09-14-2012 at 12:02 AM.

  9. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    My iPhone has had a buyer for two days already. Put it up on craigslist right after the announcement of the iPhone 5 and by the end of the day I had 6 offers all over 250. The person I chose to sell it to though just asked for it to be unlocked so I was nice enough to pay for the unlock for them. Hope it doesnt take too long because I would like to get it off my hands by today (friday) so I can preorder the iPhone 5!!
    Preorders sold out already early this morning. Next batch of preorders won't arrive 'til 10/4. Your only hope now is reservation thru an Apple Store or AT&T store. Or stand in line on day 1.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #248

  11. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Break out the tent lol
    The Apple Store in Philly area is in a Mall that doesn't open until 8:30am. So people just begin arriving then. They don't wait outside the mall. Last years 4S line was not bad. Bout a 30 minute wait if you arrived around 8:30.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Preorders sold out already early this morning. Next batch of preorders won't arrive 'til 10/4. Your only hope now is reservation thru an Apple Store or AT&T store. Or stand in line on day 1.
    Well I still havent gotten my email for this unlock yet. So now I'm a little aggravated. I stayed up till 3 am yesterday with my friend so I could help place an order in so he's getting his phone on the 21st. But where do I do the reservation through the apple or at&t store at because I called and they said they werent doing that. They told me I had to be there early in the morning to get my phone.
    Last edited by Nest; 09-14-2012 at 10:25 AM.

  13. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Well I still havent gotten my email for this unlock yet. So now I'm a little aggravated. Where do I do the reservation through the apple or at&t store because I called and they said they werent doing that. They told me I had to be there early in the morning to get my phone.
    I thought phone reservation preordering was available. Go to the Apple Store in your area's website. Or the AT&T Store's site.

    So you were cash poor enough that you had to wait for the sale of your old one before you plopped down the credit card for the preorder? I would have done my preorder at 3am. They always sell out of preorder early the first morning.

    The eBay website for $9 unlocks went viral on Wed night into Thursday - they got killed with 5000 orders. Yours was in that batch I'll bet. It'll come no worries.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. #252
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,595
    Thanks
    6,868
    Thanked 15,288 Times in 7,012 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The Apple Store in Philly area is in a Mall that doesn't open until 8:30am. So people just begin arriving then. They don't wait outside the mall. Last years 4S line was not bad. Bout a 30 minute wait if you arrived around 8:30.
    That's not bad at all

  15. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I thought phone reservation preordering was available. Go to the Apple Store in your area's website. Or the AT&T Store's site.

    So you were cash poor enough that you had to wait for the sale of your old one before you plopped down the credit card for the preorder? I would have done my preorder at 3am. They always sell out of preorder early the first morning.

    The eBay website for $9 unlocks went viral on Wed night into Thursday - they got killed with 5000 orders. Yours was in that batch I'll bet. It'll come no worries.
    I dont have the upgrade price so I had to figure out if I really wanted to dish out that much money or not but I'm stupid because when I slept on it, I woke up saying "screw it. just go for it" lol. Plus I dont use credit cards. They are the work of the devil!!! I really dont mind waiting in line. I have patience. I just get confused easily because the internet tells me one thing but then the people at the store tell me another so I dont know whats going on lol. I just dont want to keep the buyer waiting because I feel bad. Thats the only reason I'm getting a little uptight about the unlock. I've been telling them to just hold on for a bit longer until I have the okay to give them the phone and they have been lenient so far.

    I really do thank you guys for all the info and replies though. It's keeping me sane!

    UPDATE: I dont think my AT&T store has a website because I cant find anything that lists to it! But this is my Apple store that I go to. I just dont know how to make that reservation and pick it up at the store. It seems like when I click the obvious, its only to talk to a genius bar guy.

    http://www.apple.com/retail/newhaven/
    Last edited by Nest; 09-14-2012 at 10:48 AM.

  16. #254
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    im prob gonna wait till like 5 months till i buy an ip5, cause it technically and usually is cheaper when u wait

    cause most ppl buy it first day

  17. #255
    Pretty sure that's me too. I am just so modified now in the jailbreak world I can't wait for the untethered JB to the 5. But the moment a JB is imminent I will buy. Upgrade my wife's 4.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. #256
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hey guys...

    um what does it mean when it says this device has been blocked from network use?

    it says that everytime i try to call someone

  19. #257
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ok i just found out that my iphone was stolen from someone else

    will unlocking with the ebay sevices help solve the problem

    i mean if its blacklisted, its black listed for att only (official carrier)
    and it should work with other carriers

    right?

    i just need a mod's approval
    Last edited by Silent Shadow; 09-15-2012 at 09:24 PM.

  20. #258
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,874
    Thanks
    3,821
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 6,043 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Shadow View Post
    ok i just found out that my iphone was stolen from someone else

    will unlocking with the ebay sevices help solve the problem

    i mean if its blacklisted, its black listed for att only (official carrier)
    and it should work with other carriers

    right?

    i just need a mod's approval
    I don't believe it will help you if your imei has been blocked. For 9.00 bucks it may be worth a try. Your call.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

    Silent Shadow (09-15-2012)

  22. #259
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    20 minutes away from Cupertino :D
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Ok just submitted my IMEI to unlock fusion's server. Now begins the 48 hours I won't be able to sleep.

  23. #260
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
    Ok just submitted my IMEI to unlock fusion's server. Now begins the 48 hours I won't be able to sleep.
    lol

    dont they say that they dont process during weekends?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •