Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to factory imei unlock an iPhone ? ? ? at&t

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Simon Um, no. then what youre confusing me do i even need to activate it before they unlock it for me? but then when they unlock it,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Um, no.
    then what youre confusing me

do i even need to activate it before they unlock it for me?

but then when they unlock it, i will need to activate it in order to unlock it

Thanks
    Thanked 9,683 Times in 5,945 Posts

You activate it once you have received conformation the unlock was completed.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

Nothing what I have said is confusing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You activate it once you have received conformation the unlock was completed.

yah ok i heard that straight talk should work on the iphone without having to unlock it

is that true?

what does it mean when it says no service on the top left corner?

Nothing what I have said is confusing

ok its fine

i heard iphone 5 is coming out pretty soon

is that true?
    Last edited by Silent Shadow; 09-12-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Shadow View Post
    yah ok i heard that straight talk should work on the iphone without having to unlock it

is that true?

ok its fine

i heard iphone 5 is coming out pretty soon

is that true?
    Have you not checked the front page? -.-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
    Have you not checked the front page? -.-
    nope

Thanks
    Thanked 8,992 Times in 4,512 Posts

Default USING SAM to KEEP YOUR ABSINTHE JAILBREAK of a 4S after UNLOCK
    UPDATE REPORT!!
    Well good NEWS!! For any of you who've recently used the eBay unlock service for your IN CONTRACT iPhone 4S's.. and WANT TO KEEP your ABSINTHE jailbreak..

NO NEED TO RESTORE through iTunes after UNLOCK message received from the company.

Simply add the REPO: http://repo.bingner.com to Cydia's SOURCES.

Then install the package called SAM.

Once installed it will ask you to RESTART SPRINGBOARD -- do so.. you'll have no choice...

Assuming you've gotten your confirmation email from an eBAY unlock service or AT&T themselves -- next, they tell you to RESTORE in iTUNES - but DO NOT RESTORE in iTunes..

Simply open SAM from your springboard on your iPhone and clik on DEACTIVATE -- do not hit ANY OTHER BUTTONS.. SAM will give you a confirmation message.

Then simply open iTunes -- and plug in your phone to your computer -- iTunes will access the AppleStore and you'll see the message:
    CONGRATULATIONS - YOUR PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED!

And your jailbreak will be fully in tact. AND iTunes will auto-reactivate your phone. This will be an invisible process to you. No screen messages and nothing on your phone will tell you that you were 'deactivated' for any time period.

This is the ONLY method you can use to KEEP YOUR ABSINTHE jailbreak of an iPhone 4S - AFTER unlock has been confirmed from either AT&T themselves or through an Unlock service like the one we've been introduced to here..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    UPDATE REPORT!!
    Well good NEWS!! For any of you who've recently used the eBay unlock service for your IN CONTRACT iPhone 4S's.. and WANT TO KEEP your ABSINTHE jailbreak..

NO NEED TO RESTORE through iTunes after UNLOCK message received from the company.

Simply add the REPO: http://repo.bingner.com to Cydia's SOURCES.

Then install the package called SAM.

Once installed it will ask you to RESTART SPRINGBOARD -- do so.. you'll have no choice...

Assuming you've gotten your confirmation email from an eBAY unlock service or AT&T themselves -- next, they tell you to RESTORE in iTUNES - but DO NOT RESTORE in iTunes..

Simply open SAM from your springboard on your iPhone and clik on DEACTIVATE -- do not hit ANY OTHER BUTTONS.. SAM will give you a confirmation message.

Then simply open iTunes -- and plug in your phone to your computer -- iTunes will access the AppleStore and you'll see the message:
    CONGRATULATIONS - YOUR PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED!

And your jailbreak will be fully in tact. AND iTunes will auto-reactivate your phone. This will be an invisible process to you. No screen messages and nothing on your phone will tell you that you were 'deactivated' for any time period.

This is the ONLY method you can use to KEEP YOUR ABSINTHE jailbreak of an iPhone 4S - AFTER unlock has been confirmed from either AT&T themselves or through an Unlock service like the one we've been introduced to here..
    I'm guessing this only works with a 4S and not an iPhone 4?

Also guys I had a question. I apologize ahead of time if its been posted already. I'm currently in the process of selling my iPhone 4 to buy the iPhone 5 like many people. The buyer I have in mind is asking for the phone to be unlocked. I told him I would see and get back to him. I came across the link that Blkcadi provided and dont mind paying the money to help this buyer out. But I have a question on my behalf. My phone is obviously still in contract. If I unlock the phone through that service, will anything happen to my bill that I should know about? I am currently grandfathered into an unlimited plan and I dont want to lose that. Thats my main worry. Will my phone work like normal if I unlock the phone, as in will I still be able to text and call until I sell the phone to the buyer? I'm sorry if this is confusing. I dont really know how I'm supposed to ask this question. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Nest; 09-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @Simon Hey so i was wondering if it says that the sim is still locked in the link that you provided does that mean that the unlock service has yet to unlock my phone or is it that i have yet to unlock the phone myself through itunes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I'm guessing this only works with a 4S and not an iPhone 4?

Also guys I had a question. I apologize ahead of time if its been posted already. I'm currently in the process of selling my iPhone 4 to buy the iPhone 5 like many people. The buyer I have in mind is asking for the phone to be unlocked. I told him I would see and get back to him. I came across the link that Blkcadi provided and dont mind paying the money to help this buyer out. But I have a question on my behalf. My phone is obviously still in contract. If I unlock the phone through that service, will anything happen to my bill that I should know about? I am currently grandfathered into an unlimited plan and I dont want to lose that. Thats my main worry. Will my phone work like normal if I unlock the phone, as in will I still be able to text and call until I sell the phone to the buyer? I'm sorry if this is confusing. I dont really know how I'm supposed to ask this question. Any help would be appreciated!
    That deactivate method will work on any iPhone.
    And unlocking it will not affect your account in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by whorichard View Post
    @Simon Hey so i was wondering if it says that the sim is still locked in the link that you provided does that mean that the unlock service has yet to unlock my phone or is it that i have yet to unlock the phone myself through itunes?
    It means they have yet to unlock it for you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Nest (09-13-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

It means they have yet to unlock it for you.
    Hey Simon, do you know how accurate the SIM lock status sites are because I got a different status from dev.mk, s-URL.ro, and appleox.com and I'm not sure whether or not I still need to buy an unlock now.

Thanks

Thats great news then! Thank you for the response! And one more thing, the method NewDestinyX posted earlier allowing you to keep your jailbreak, it he bolded and uppercased "keep your absinthe" jailbreak. Would this work if you used redsnow on 5.0.1? Its probably another dumb question but I look too into things and get nervous lol. Thanks again!

Thanks

Thats great news then! Thank you for the response! And one more thing, the method NewDestinyX posted earlier allowing you to keep your jailbreak, it he bolded and uppercased "keep your absinthe" jailbreak. Would this work if you used redsnow on 5.0.1? Its probably another dumb question but I look too into things and get nervous lol. Thanks again!
    One correction to Simon's post. SAM method only works on a jailbroken phone. ANY jailbroken phone. The RedSnow method of deactivate works on iPhones before the 4S. Not the 4S.

Then non jailbroken phones have to restore via iTunes.

And nothing will happen to your data plan after unlock. In/Out of Contract has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-13-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Bad confusing Siri dictation mistake...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Nest (09-13-2012)

Thanks

Non jailbroken phones have to restore after jailbreak.
    Huh? That doesnt make sense.
    Here is the deal:
    1: If phone is jailbroken but not hactivated then all that is needed is a sim from a different carrier and connecting to itunes to unlock.
    2: If phone is jailbroken but not hactivated and you dont have a sim from a different carrier then SAM can be used to deactivate and then you reactivate in itunes to unlock.
    3: If phone is not jailbroken then all that is needed is a sim from a different carrier and connecting to itunes to unlock.
    4: If phone is not jailbroken and you dont have a sim from a different carrier then you can backup phone, restore in itunes, then restore your stuff from your backup.

This applies to any iPhone. With a iPhone 4/3GS/3G redsnow can also be used to deactivate. But I never see any reason to use it for that.

Yes, SAM will work on any jailbroken iPhone. If you didnt hactivate the phone when you jailbroke though you dont even need SAM, just a different carrier sim.

One correction to Simon's post. SAM method only works on a jailbroken phone.
    Lol, that's not a correction. That is obvious since SAM is installed with cydia

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Nest (09-13-2012)

Thanks

Was dictating thru Siri - totally messed up what I intended. Edited post. Of course you're right. What I obviously meant to say- was that if your phone is not jailbroken you'll have to restore thru iTunes. 98% of people don't have another SIM card, Simon.. So that's not a viable method for the vast majority of us just wanting to complete our unlock and verify.
    , that's not a correction. That is obvious since SAM is installed with cydia
    Well again - you assume too much of the average person here, Simon.. Lol!! Thanks but it's not obvious in the least. I would have thought SAM was just another app store app without more context.

But thanks for the detailed 4 points spelling out every possible combination.

This process has been illuminating.

What's your best guess on how long it will take these eBay unlocked to be able to unlock iPhone 5s?? ;-)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Alright! Thank you guys for clearing everything up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is the deal:
    1: If phone is jailbroken but not hactivated then all that is needed is a sim from a different carrier and connecting to itunes to unlock.
    2: If phone is jailbroken but not hactivated and you dont have a sim from a different carrier then SAM can be used to deactivate and then you reactivate in itunes to unlock.
    3: If phone is not jailbroken then all that is needed is a sim from a different carrier and connecting to itunes to unlock.
    4: If phone is not jailbroken and you dont have a sim from a different carrier then you can backup phone, restore in itunes, then restore your stuff from your backup.

This applies to any iPhone. With a iPhone 4/3GS/3G redsnow can also be used to deactivate. But I never see any reason to use it for that.

Yes, SAM will work on any jailbroken iPhone. If you didnt hactivate the phone when you jailbroke though you dont even need SAM, just a different carrier sim.

Lol, that's not a correction. That is obvious since SAM is installed with cydia

dude simon

my iphone is hacktivated and i dont have a sim what should i do if i want to unlock?

Thanks

Was dictating thru Siri - totally messed up what I intended. Edited post. Of course you're right. What I obviously meant to say- was that if your phone is not jailbroken you'll have to restore thru iTunes. 98% of people don't have another SIM card, Simon.. So that's not a viable method for the vast majority of us just wanting to complete our unlock and verify.
    Well again - you assume too much of the average person here, Simon.. Lol!! Thanks but it's not obvious in the least. I would have thought SAM was just another app store app without more context.

But thanks for the detailed 4 points spelling out every possible combination.

This process has been illuminating.

What's your best guess on how long it will take these eBay unlocked to be able to unlock iPhone 5s?? ;-)
    Damn Siri lol

98% you say? Don't agree with that percentage at all. If someone is unlocking their phone chances are they will have another sim card that they want to use with the phone. Otherwise what is the point of unlocking it? Yes I do realize some of these people will be on ATT and just want to either increase the value of their phone, keep their options open, or are big travelers who want to use sims from where they travel to. But 98%? No chance

And yes, I am probably at fault for thinking a lot of people are like me when they aren't. I have sims from 4 different countries and 9 different carriers I use to activate phones

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have one AT&T SIM to activate AT&T phones. You're a pro Simon lol.

Thanks

Damn Siri lol

98% you say? Don't agree with that percentage at all. If someone is unlocking their phone chances are they will have another sim card that they want to use with the phone. Otherwise what is the point of unlocking it?
    For selling on internet obviously. The vast majority of people who unlock do so for reselling purposes - not personal use with new carrier, Simon.. C'mon.. :-) But we can agree to disagree - agreeably..

Yes I do realize some of these people will be on ATT and just want to either increase the value of their phone, keep their options open, or are big travelers who want to use sims from where they travel to.
    There ya go.. Exactly..

But 98%? No chance
    Ok.. 72%.. Ya got me.. LOL!!!

And yes, I am probably at fault for thinking a lot of people are like me when they aren't. I have sims from 4 different countries and 9 different carriers I use to activate phones
    You are MOST DEFINITELY in the minority. LOL!! Why would you need to 'activate' multiple phones? Resale? And surely you don't have accounts with 9 different companies. That begs the question. EVEN IF I did want to test service coverage with, let's say StraightTalk, how do I get a SIM - without locking into a monthly agreement with them? I'm in that category of wanting to have my options open - especially when I'm in Spain to use PREPAID.. But how do you just GET a SIM from another carrier without committing? This is again the reason why most of us would just not have a 'sim laying around' to confirm unlock of our phones.