+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Searching...

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Greetings, iPhone 4 BB 1.59 5.0.1 JB Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 - Tmo I've been unlocked on 5.0.1 for months. Yesterday I installed 5 or so Cydia updates (didnt pay attention) and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Searching...
    Greetings,

iPhone 4 BB 1.59
    JB
    Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 - Tmo

I've been unlocked on 5.0.1 for months. Yesterday I installed 5 or so Cydia updates (didnt pay attention) and then installed the new MyWi 5 to see if they fixed OnDemand. They did and it worked wonderfully. Rebooted my phone around 3:30pm yesterday and my cell connection has been broken ever since. I've tried a ton of stuff and just spent 3 hrs examining dmesg and syslog...for which I don't have much to show. If I had to guess I'd say that commcenter is jacked. I'm about to try the following:

1. Remove SIM
    2. Turn off 3G, wifi, bluetooth
    3. Hard reboot
    4. Remove ultrasn0w
    5. Hard reboot
    5. Install ultrasn0w
    6. Hard reboot
    7. Insert SIM

then the following if that doesn't work:

1. Remove SIM
    2. Remove ultrasn0w
    3. Replace modded /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenterClassic* with original
    4. Hard reboot
    5. Reinstall ultrasn0w
    6. Hard reboot
    7. Insert SIM

Any other idea's?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Have ya tried the new Sam unlock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Neither of those worked...

2k1 - No I haven't, in fact I've never heard of it...but I'm checking Cydia for it now. I so don't want to reinstall the OS

Here's a snippit from syslog:

Apr 24 20:50:05 davids-iPhone CommCenter[475]: Carrier bundle value for recipient address: +447537410257
    Apr 24 20:50:05 davids-iPhone com.apple.locationd[53]: ATCS dispatcher resetting
    Apr 24 20:50:06 davids-iPhone com.apple.networkd[149]: cellular_interface_list_build:699 if_nametoindex for pdp_ip3 failed
    Apr 24 20:50:06 davids-iPhone securityd[481]: MS:Notice: Installing: (null) [securityd] (675.00)
    Apr 24 20:50:06 davids-iPhone CommCenter[475]: Client [com.apple.persistentconnection[apsd,89]] is telling PDP context 0 to go active.
    Apr 24 20:50:06 davids-iPhone kernel[0]: AppleSerialMultiplexer: !! mux-ad(byp)::bsdClose: attempt to close an unopened channel (7)
    Apr 24 20:50:07 davids-iPhone com.apple.locationd[53]: opening /dev/dlci.spi-baseband.cl1 - 2 No such file or directory
    Apr 24 20:50:07 davids-iPhone com.apple.locationd[53]: **** baseband crash collect CSI logs, file a Radar* ****
    Apr 24 20:50:08 davids-iPhone com.apple.networkd[149]: cellular_interface_list_build:699 if_nametoindex for pdp_ip0 failed
    Apr 24 20:50:17 davids-iPhone com.apple.locationd[53]: opening /dev/dlci.spi-baseband.cl1 - 2 No such file or directory
    Apr 24 20:50:17 davids-iPhone com.apple.locationd[53]: **** baseband crash collect CSI logs, file a Radar* ****
    Last edited by dtdionne; 05-03-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Post was way too long...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,750 Times in 5,980 Posts

3. Replace modded /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenterClassic* with original
    Did you do something here?
    Are your cellular data settings still correct?

Normally we would suggest removing the last thing you installed, the normal Cydia updates shouldn't have had an effect.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just tried SAM and it didn't help. My phone is jacked, it can't seem to read the SIM...here's a pic

Searching...-sam.png

Thanks

I kinda didn't think would work, the modded com center file you mentioned in your fist post is what concerns me. If you have corrupted the OS, a restore will be the only fix, but that would suck being on 5.1.
    If the phone you have is free of any AT&T contract, Apple will factory unlock it for you so you can use it on T-Mo at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

You can use iFaith to extract your 5.0.1 SHSH from the device. Then you can use iFaith to make a custom 5.0.1 with those 5.0.1 SHSH stitched into it while still preserving that baseband you have. After restoring to the custom 5.0.1 you can jailbreak with redsnow and start fresh. No need to go to 5.1.

No need to do the SAM method either. With the baseband that you have ultrasnow would be the preferred unlock for you.

Make sure to turn 3G off if you are using t-mobile too (I am sure you knew that though since you have been using it for 5 months )

Thanks

Not sure why I was thinking he had a 4S, duh.....................thanks Simon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for all the reply's everyone. I went to 5.0.1 really early on when unlocking was still sketchy and there was a manual fix from Smolk that included replacing commcenter that worked. Check stormy19's post here for a synopsis of what I originally did way back when.

I don't have an ATT contract, will they only unlock 4s's? I tried to finagle an unlock out of them right before i went to 5.0.1 but I got the middle finger...it sure would be swell if they were doing that now.

Yeah, 3G is always off.

I uninstalled MyWi 5 which was the most recent thing i installed...I've tried so many things my eyes are pointing in different directions. Did Apple learn nothing from the 90's?????

I have to do something (already tried to re-restore my original nobb 501 ipsw as well as create and restore a new 501 nobb, both of which failed cause of signing i think), my iphone has gradually become the most important thing I own as it sent many things out to sea years ago like my land line and alarm clock. And it's been jacked for almost 48 hrs now...so it looks like I'm going to 5.1 (appears that ifaith is windows only) which isn't that big a deal...i hope. I ran the 5.0.1 tethered jb for a good 2 or 3 months before Corona came out and it was surprisingly pleasant. I really had no idea how infrequently I rebooted my phone, till then.

It just chaps my *** purple that I'll never know what actually happened, it's so illusive, well I gotta hand it to Apple, their logging doesn't help. Its a cluster fuk, i don't think i've ever chased down that many dead end from one log file. It just sucks...maybe it feeds on chapped purple asses cause it got mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I punted and reinstalled 5.0.1 with ifaith and everything is as it should be. Something messed up my phone, sure wish I knew...this was quite painfull.

Thanks for the help...I hadn't used ifaith or snowbreeze before and I must admit, they are far superior to the osx tools in terms of presentation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

same thing happened with me but dont want to re install

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I was fine until about 10 min ago...looks like it's happened again! I'm crushed, I have no idea what's going on...anyone have any idea's? or in which direction to point me?

niketkumar - what did you end up finding/doing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok...I have a rather sneaking yet somewhat substantial suspicion that for me, BigBoss's SpringFlash might be causing my issue.