Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock for iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 and baseband 04.10.01?

Red face Unlock for iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 and baseband 04.10.01?
    I have had this iPhone running this OS for the longest time, I have a lot of games/save files/ mods on it and I don't want to redo everything again. Is there a way to unlcok it (i can't use it right now because I got this in the states and now I'm in Canada), and if not, is there anything I can do about this baseband to make it unlockable? Aside from Gevey Sim?

all help is appreciated and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Chantecleer View Post
    I have had this iPhone running this OS for the longest time, I have a lot of games/save files/ mods on it and I don't want to redo everything again. Is there a way to unlcok it (i can't use it right now because I got this in the states and now I'm in Canada), and if not, is there anything I can do about this baseband to make it unlockable? Aside from Gevey Sim?

all help is appreciated and thank you
    for 04.10.01 no other way besides gevey

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try calling AT&T to check if that phone is out of contract. They can unlock it forever no matter what baseband if you meet the requirements.

Im in this same boat, i upgraded to 5.1 today and preserved the 4.10.01 baseband. I then tried to do this SAM unlock and it would not go thru, i spent 5 HOURS messing with it to no avail. I dont want to upgrade to the newest baseband and lose the gevey unlock (and have to BUY the new sim) but if that is whats blocking the SAM unlock maybe its worth a shot?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsavior View Post
    Im in this same boat, i upgraded to 5.1 today and preserved the 4.10.01 baseband. I then tried to do this SAM unlock and it would not go thru, i spent 5 HOURS messing with it to no avail. I dont want to upgrade to the newest baseband and lose the gevey unlock (and have to BUY the new sim) but if that is whats blocking the SAM unlock maybe its worth a shot?
    That won't help you. The SAM method works on your current baseband too so updating will just make things worse. Either use a gevey or keep trying the SAM way, it does work. I've done four of them.

Thats kinda what i thought, thanks. I think the problem is im not sure who the phone is locked to... in the settings it just says CARRIER LAB 12.0. When she bought it we didn't find out who it was locked to at the time... vaguely remember the guy saying it was factory unlocked but not sure. Ive tried Carrier lab and att_us in sam but no luck so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

You can try this site to see if you can find out the carrier it is locked to: Check IMEI - IMEI.info