+ Reply
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Error when trying to remove unlockit.co.nz configuration profile?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 3G, stock 3.0 FW, 06.15.00 BB, and APN settings from unlockit.co.nz installed for use with an at&t (mvno) sim card. It doesn't work in my iPhone,
...
  1. #1
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Error when trying to remove unlockit.co.nz configuration profile?
    I have an iPhone 3G, stock 3.0 FW, 06.15.00 BB, and APN settings from unlockit.co.nz installed for use with an at&t (mvno) sim card. It doesn't work in my iPhone, possibly because of this issue I noticed...

    I had 3 APN carrier settings profiles installed but I realized that I only needed one of them so I tried to uninstall the other two and a message came up for each one saying "Profile could not be removed" but when I restarted my iPhone, they weren't there anymore. The third profile behaves in the same way, even if I try removing it with iPhone Configuration Utility.

    I'm wondering: Are the two profiles I "removed" still there or not and does anybody have any thoughts on why my iPhone doesn't like me trying to remove the profiles?

    Please help!

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Found the fix myself...and I'll offer a possible explanation.

    Basically I was able to remove APN profiles normally again by reflashing my baseband with redsn0w 0.9.6b6 (and then stock restoring to 3.0 for me). This MAY have fixed it because while the previous baseband was not corrupt, it may have been modified by ultrasn0w when I had it installed. However, I was not able to confirm that ultrasn0w does permanent things to the baseband (unless it's reflashed).

    Aside from that, it also could have been the two profiles that I installed that I didn't need. Each one changes the data APN and so they could have "overlapped" and caused a problem (again I was not able to confirm this).

    If somebody wants to provide an expert explanation please feel free.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts