Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone won't boot

Default Phone won't boot
    Well up until this morning my phone had been working flawlessly. I'm in the UK using it unlocked on O2, unlocked using iNdependence, apptapp & iUnlock from a mac & then with Apollo, iBlackjack & Lights Off (as well as BSD subsystem & open SSH installed) and the 10 digit mod for number recognition.

This morning I went to wake the phone and the screen didn't turn on, so I rebooted it an it hung on the boot screen. After a second reboot it worked fine. It's done it another couple of times today and just now it's refusing to boot no matter now many times I restart.

I've restored the firmware (keeping it at 1.0.2) and is still exhibiting the same behaviour. As I've been writing this it's actually booted and I'm going through the unlock process again, but does anyone have any idea why it might have been doing this, even after a firmware restore? And if there's anything I can do about it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.B View Post
    Well up until this morning my phone had been working flawlessly. I'm in the UK using it unlocked on O2, unlocked using iNdependence, apptapp & iUnlock from a mac & then with Apollo, iBlackjack & Lights Off (as well as BSD subsystem & open SSH installed) and the 10 digit mod for number recognition.

This morning I went to wake the phone and the screen didn't turn on, so I rebooted it an it hung on the boot screen. After a second reboot it worked fine. It's done it another couple of times today and just now it's refusing to boot no matter now many times I restart.

I've restored the firmware (keeping it at 1.0.2) and is still exhibiting the same behaviour. As I've been writing this it's actually booted and I'm going through the unlock process again, but does anyone have any idea why it might have been doing this, even after a firmware restore? And if there's anything I can do about it?
    The exact same thing happened to me when I had Summerboard installed. I got rid of it, and had no problems since. Don't know if that makes any difference in your situation.