Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activate "SIM FREE" iPhone 4S bought from o2 store UK

Default Activate "SIM FREE" iPhone 4S bought from o2 store UK
    Hi,

Possibly one of the dumbest questions you'll ever see...

How do i activate my girlfriends "SIM FREE" iPhone 4S bought from an o2 store in the UK?

I have done the whole itunes set up using a black contract sim card that they gave with the phone. So the phone is operational but not for calls or texts.

She is on Orange and already has the mini sim to use but when in the phone, a message appears advising that it is not the right carrier.

o2 have been useless so far. they also seem to think that "SIM FREE" means it may still be locked to o2, is this true?

She has tried putting a friends active o2 sim in the phone and im told this did not work either.

Any advice would be appreciated

its not sim free.... especially if bought from 02 mate... they are only sim fre when you get them apple direct or carphone warehouse mate.. there is an ebay seller who unlocks them for 25 quid buddy, he is doing one of my 4s's as we speak

just seen the last part, if its not working on calls or texts,,, hmmmm, are you sure you got it form a store?? if sop, take it back and tell them the problem... they should swap it out on the spot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to danny29 For This Useful Post:

herring14 (04-25-2012)