Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: change iphone baseband 6.15.00 to orignal base band

Default change iphone baseband 6.15.00 to orignal base band
    I originally buy this iphone in Canada, I went to dubai, and they change the base band to 6.15.00, now i have intermittent reception issue, I also install ultrasn0w and ultrasn0w fixer.

is there any way I can install orignal modem firmware....

You can not downgrade your baseband. It's not possible right now, may be in future.
    Plus you lost your warranty/support with Apple when you upgraded baseband. They won't help you with this.

You might want to restore your ios again and try.

Which iphone it is?

if I download any other baseband file and try to change with redsnow, then its gonna work or no

You are not the first one to think about it. I am guilty too.
    But so does Apple.

baseband are unique to each iphone device. You can not use other iphones baseband.

Just to ease you, iphone hackers are looking for a way to fix this but again they are looking from last 6 months.

Although, there is a way but not recommended unless your iphone is bricked and you cannot use it anymore.

You can replace logic board/chip. This way you can have new baseband on your phone.
    The problem with this is, Apple itself does not sell these logic board/chips. So you need use logic board/chip from broken phones. Whcih you can purchase from local vendors, ebay etc.

There is also another thing you need to know.
    You will loose you generic IMEI and serial numbers. ofcourse, because you are using different chip.
    Last edited by rl421403; 04-13-2012 at 12:56 AM.

It was Tim Cook at Apple, who forced AT&T to unlock out-of-contract iPhones. Supposedly, this happened because of a user complaint.

What if a bunch of 3G/3GS owners were to email Tim Cook, and explain that due to AT&T's previous policy of not allowing iPhones to be unlocked, had forced users to go to extreme measures of flashing iPad BB to 6.15.00 to unlock their phones. Now they are stuck with a BB that causes call issues and also kills GPS with no way to go back and take advantage of AT&T's new unlock policy. The only solution would be if Apple allows those with 6.15.00 BB to be flashed with the original BB.

I think if enough people emailed, explaining the situation, someone from his office might have their tech department look into it.

I'm in!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

If apple allows those with ipad bb to be flashed to original bb, the baseband number would have to be higher than 6.15 as the bb chip counter can only go up and not down.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If apple allows those with ipad bb to be flashed to original bb, the baseband number would have to be higher than 6.15 as the bb chip counter can only go up and not down.
    I don't think Apple has such limitations. Hackers, yes, because they didn't know how to hack through it, but not Apple. A baseband can be downgraded if Apple allows it. When iOS 5 beta was released, people were able to downgrade from the beta baseband back to the then current iOS 4 official baseband despite the fact the iOS baseband had a higher version # at the time.

It wouldn't have to be a downgrade. An upgrade could restore the gps functionality. The new iPad has that function. If it's only a matter of firmware of the chip, that can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mbr View Post
    It wouldn't have to be a downgrade. An upgrade could restore the gps functionality. The new iPad has that function. If it's only a matter of firmware of the chip, that can be changed.
    Yes this is what i thought...the new iPad has gps functionality...so if the hackers manage to upgrade 6.15.00 to iPad 2 or iPad 3 baseband its gonna be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mbr View Post
    I don't literally mean take a downgrade, but go back to stock baseband which has a lower version number. It would actually be an "upgrade" because a fully working baseband is an upgrade over a broken one that doesn't work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by xukca View Post
    Yes this is what i thought...the new iPad has gps functionality...so if the hackers manage to upgrade 6.15.00 to iPad 2 or iPad 3 baseband its gonna be awesome.
    That doesn't even make sense, the iPad 2 and 3 have completely different baseband processors. Also, old original iPad had GPS as well. It's just broken when using iPad baseband on the 3GS because it's not the correct firmware for the device.

The answer is not to get some other hacked or incorrect firmware into the baseband, it's to get the proper firmware back into it which right now, only Apple has the power to do or allow.

However it's done, I'm IN!!

how about if I downgrade to 4.1 firmware, can I be able to change my baseband 06.15.00 to something else, so I can use GPS and Phone at the same time...

pretty sure that no matter what os version you are on.,the baseband cannot be changed

That's correct. Baseband cannot be changed by any known method. Apple has to allow it on their end.