Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 5.15.04 bb Hardware unlock

Exclamation iPhone 3G 5.15.04 bb Hardware unlock
    iphone 3G with ios 4.1.2 / 5.15.04 BB / 5.9 bootlaoder can't be unlocked except if you update to 6.15.00 BB and loose gps. I don't want that!

I was looking for harware solutions and I found a few but I don't know if they work.

One soulution is to get a COBRA xLOCK Turbo SIM for iPhone 3G, 3GS Baseband 5.14.02, 5.15.04 and 5.16.02. It's around 49$ (too expensive). Google it to see what I mean.

Other solution would be to use the Gevey SIM for iPhone 4 and make it work for the iphone 3G.

Another solution would be to change the BB cip but I guess that would be too much trouble and would be easier to just change the entire board.

Can anyone confirm a hardware SIM unlock that is working on iphone 3G with 5.15.04 baseband?

Thanks,
    Cris
    Last edited by razorcd; 04-10-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Anybody? Anything?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

There aren't any reliable hardware methods to unlock that. Depending on what carrier it is locked to you can call them and request for them to unlock it.

OK, so after searching for days I think the best solution is to buy a faulty iPhone 3G board with a good baseband chip (unlockable version 5.13 or lower) and just use the baseband nor chip from it to change mine. This should work and it is cheap.

But I will not get complicated and just update to 6.15.00 and unlock it like that. And for the GPS fix i will use a Bluetooth GPS Device that is comatible with iPhone (using roqyBT app). These come at around 15pounds but you can find even cheaper used ones on ebay. Make sure they are compatyble with iphone, not all of them are.

I will be waiting for the 6.15.00 downgrade.

Hope this helps others too.

Cheers

I think this mob have a good reputation http://www.beijingiphonerepair.com/prices/. You have to remove your motherboard and send it to them. I was going to do this with a 3GS I have with BB 5.16.05. They will respond to emails and tell you the process and cost and, of course whether they will do it.

Yes, i looked over their webpage. They have a few solutions for this but none of them are cheap enough. Don't think it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorcd View Post
    Yes, i looked over their webpage. They have a few solutions for this but none of them are cheap enough. Don't think it worth it.
    One of the otions was to buy the chip from them and solder it yourself. I've done a few motherboard repairs and other PCB's like this and it's not that hard. It's a good feeling when it works but if it doesn't..........

Yes but their BB chip is over 100$. I am just saying that it would be much cheaper and easier to just buy a broken iphone with a good BB chip and use that.

If you ever risk this and try it, let me know how it worked. Be sure to check the basebands serials to be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by razorcd View Post
    Yes but their BB chip is over 100$. I am just saying that it would be much cheaper and easier to just buy a broken iphone with a good BB chip and use that.

If you ever risk this and try it, let me know how it worked. Be sure to check the basebands serials to be compatible.
    Yes. I see your point.