+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavail

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
"your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable..." It's an iphone 3gs i just bought it from CL and dont know what firmware or if
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavail
    "your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable..."

It's an iphone 3gs i just bought it from CL and dont know what firmware or if its unlocked or not. I tryed to put a blank At&t sim in but it doesnt do anything and my t-mobile sim doesn't do anything. Don't really know what to do...please help!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im having the same problem trying to activate the phone... itunes says that theres no sim when ive tried two different carrier sims..

Im pretty sure the server is just down.. i havent been able to find somewhere that tells me the status of it though

Thanks
    Thanked 14,170 Times in 6,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ck84 View Post
    "your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable..."

It's an iphone 3gs i just bought it from CL and dont know what firmware or if its unlocked or not. I tryed to put a blank At&t sim in but it doesnt do anything and my t-mobile sim doesn't do anything. Don't really know what to do...please help!!!
    Try a different computer. Server wouldnt be down this long. Something may be wrong with the hosts file on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    im having the same problem trying to activate the phone... itunes says that theres no sim when ive tried two different carrier sims..

Im pretty sure the server is just down.. i havent been able to find somewhere that tells me the status of it though
    Does the phone say no sim as well?