+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak an to check 3gs is unlocked

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have 3gs with ios 5.1 with bb 05.16.05 with 359.3.2 bootrom which is not old.It is already unlocked. For matter i don 9 if it was jailbroken or
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreak an to check 3gs is unlocked
    Hi,
    I have 3gs with ios 5.1 with bb 05.16.05 with 359.3.2 bootrom which is not old.It is already unlocked. For matter i don 9 if it was jailbroken or not bt i don c cydia or any other thing in it. My brother bought it in australia and unlocked it(officily i guess) becoz it is working fine from last 1.5 yrs or so. I have been upgrading the ios thru itunes regulrly. Its ios 5.1 now. My question is can i jailbreak it with ios 5.1 with bb 05.16.05 without locking it again?Bcoz its already unlocked.
    is there anythin with which i cud check if my fon is unlocked officily.

Thanx in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It sounds like it's factory unlocked. It will forever be unlocked so it doesn't matter how you restore or upgrade, it'll stay unlocked. You can jailbreak it on 5.1 but it'll be a tethered jailbreak because you have the new boot.

Edit: I know 100% it's factory unlocked. You described it as not jailbroken and has been working with the 5.16.xx baseband, that alone says it's factory unlocked (assuming you're using a different carrier than what typically is used say in the US, it is AT&T).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

sylar_gd (03-28-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thnx..ya i feel d same way..was jus lukin for sumthin where i cud actuly confirm dat it is factory unlockd..orignly it was from australia..n in india i have used it with 2 difrnt sim cards n i hav updated d ios many times without any hustle..so i belivd dat it is factry unlockd..bt as ultrasnow till nw dosnt suport 5.1 so was jus lukin for d confrimation..ny idea where i cud confirm?

ny idea which wud b betr...redsnow or snowbrez?
    Last edited by sylar_gd; 03-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sylar_gd View Post
    thnx..ya i feel d same way..was jus lukin for sumthin where i cud actuly confirm dat it is factory unlockd..orignly it was from australia..n in india i have used it with 2 difrnt sim cards n i hav updated d ios many times without any hustle..so i belivd dat it is factry unlockd..bt as ultrasnow till nw dosnt suport 5.1 so was jus lukin for d confrimation..ny idea where i cud confirm?

OZ don't tend to simlock their phones like in the USA, & if it was, then you wouldn't have been able to use any other network sim in it, let alone one in OZ, two in India & anywhere else you've used it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I believe there's a tweak to fix Ultrasn0w for use with 5.1, but I really doubt you'd need it. From the sound of things, your phone wouldn't even work with a foreign carrier from where the phone was bought if it isn't factory unlocked.

Neither sn0wbreeze or redsn0w is really "better" but since you're already on 5.1 redsn0w will jb it quick. No need for restoring to a custom fw or anything, that's what Sn0wbreeze will have you do.

Thanks

+1 On that.. Seeing as you don't have to worry about baseband, redsn0w will be your fastest route.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

k..thanx
    i ll try jailbreakin it 2dy..ll raise doubts if i don succed

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I believe there's a tweak to fix Ultrasn0w for use with 5.1, but I really doubt you'd need it. From the sound of things, your phone wouldn't even work with a foreign carrier from where the phone was bought if it isn't factory unlocked.

Neither sn0wbreeze or redsn0w is really "better" but since you're already on 5.1 redsn0w will jb it quick. No need for restoring to a custom fw or anything, that's what Sn0wbreeze will have you do.
    realy? is dere unlock avilabl for 5.1? cz 1 of my frenz has needs it..
    Last edited by sylar_gd; 03-29-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks

I'm lost, how would jailbreaking it confirm that it is unlocked? If you are able to use an Indian carrier in the first place, then it is unlocked, end of story. Am I missing something?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I'm lost, how would jailbreaking it confirm that it is unlocked? If you are able to use an Indian carrier in the first place, then it is unlocked, end of story. Am I missing something?
    Who said jailbreaking it would confirm it's unlocked?? What was said is that, the fact that the baseband that it's on & that it's had multiple country simcards in it says that it's factory unlocked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sylar_gd View Post

For the love of god man buy a vowel.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    For the love of god man buy a vowel.
    Has no money to buy them yet. Needs to start guessin letter correctly