Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS on 5.1 with 6.15.00 (iPad) baseband, no matter what stuck on Searching...

Hi!

It's been a whole crazy night trying to unlock my 3GS.

Multiple times, I jailbroke it and installer ultrasn0w fix for 5.1 then I rebooted. Tried to disable 3G, tried to disable WiFi, etc

But now it's stuck at "searching.../no service" I don't have any carrier menu...

My serial number is 83941LAK3NP, weirdly enough most of the time ICCID shows No SIM, but then I stick it out and plant it inside another phone and the SIM card works perfectly so that is not the problem.

Anyone has an idea of what I should do?

Looking a bit further on Google, I seem to have installed the iPad baseband on my 3GS but I shouldn't have done it because it has bricked my phone... Holy cow. If that's the case, how am I going back? I mean how to "unbrick" it? Because it works fine, I just can't connect to any carrier damn it...

Thanks all!
    Last edited by tomshreds; 03-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomshreds View Post
    Hi!

It's been a whole crazy night trying to unlock my 3GS.

Multiple times, I jailbroke it and installer ultrasn0w fix for 5.1 then I rebooted. Tried to disable 3G, tried to disable WiFi, etc

But now it's stuck at "searching.../no service" I don't have any carrier menu...

My serial number is 83941LAK3NP, weirdly enough most of the time ICCID shows No SIM, but then I stick it out and plant it inside another phone and the SIM card works perfectly so that is not the problem.

Anyone has an idea of what I should do?

Looking a bit further on Google, I seem to have installed the iPad baseband on my 3GS but I shouldn't have done it because it has bricked my phone... Holy cow. If that's the case, how am I going back? I mean how to "unbrick" it? Because it works fine, I just can't connect to any carrier damn it...

Thanks all!
    It might not be bricked, I had the same issue with no sevice/searching when trying to use my tmobile.

A question for you did you ever install a stock official apple firmware AFTER installing the ipad BB version? If you did then that messes/corupts the ipad bb, you can only install custom firmwares from now on.

Read this what I type to another guy, to make the story short though is run latest redsnow again n choose jailbreak but only reinstall ther ipad bb dont worry about the other options, then do the procedure of doing the ultrasnow fixer, then ultrasnow apps from cydia. But read my story here before you start:

First create then install the created custom firmware with latest redsnow, and then jailbreak it and put check marks on install cydia and ipad bb, ignore the warnings that redsnow gives you, well you need to know about the warning that, the gps might not work, warranty is no good with apple, and you cant downgrade the baseband no more as of right now. After these steps remember its going to be a tethered situation so after its done with the jailbreaking and it reboots its going to be stuck at the apple icon loading screen, so run redsnow again and choose extras, then choose just boot tethered, then follow the directions to set it up the iphone to dfu mode then it'll then boot into the very first part of the screens when you first buy it brand new, like asking about language, country, and all that and it should be already activated with the jailbreaking process and you be at the home screen.

Then do the steps in order of 1st going to cydia app from the homescreen area, then let cydia downlaod all the updates, then install ultrasnow fixer, then the ultrasnow program on there as well, just follow guides all over the net.

And after doing the last step of installing ultrasnow it will be back at the homescreen, but go ahead and turn off the iphone, then turn it back on at the stuck apple screen logo then run the jsut boot tethered option in redsnow extras, then pop in your sim card and hopefully it work. I actually popped in the sim card when I turned it off for the last time and it saw the tmbiile service right away.

Now im not sure if this is your case but couple days ago when I first installed the ipadd bb i had a issue with the iphone like it was semi bricked it was stuck in dfu/recovery mode and I couldn't install no firmwares at all custom or stocks. I was basically having the common error 28 in itunes when i try to restore a firmware, well I fixed that issue by removing the logic board aka motherboard from the battery for couple of hours to clear the corrupted nand chip or something. So after putting it back together i was able to restore to the stock apple 5.1 firmware with no problems, then I basically ran the all the steps that i explained to you here in the beginning except I dindt check mark the option to install the ipad bb because i did it already couple days ago before the semi bricked issue.

Well what happens is if the ipad bb version is installed and you install a stock official apple firmware, its going to mess up and corrupted the ipad bb version thats there already, your suppse to only install a custom firmware from now on with the ipad bb installed.

So what I did is simply re ran the rednsow jailbreak option and only chose the ipad bb option again and viola it unlocked with my tmobile.

If you need help let me know. good luck