Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Unlock Solution Being Tested..Still?

Default 1.1.1 Unlock Solution Being Tested..Still?
    Wow i never knew there would be an unlock solution before we even get jail breaking too work!?

Plus its only been what like 2-3 days of TESTING?! Really! it takes this long?

What the hell is going on in the DevTeam world!

Everyone wants to know whats the latest news in the Dev World.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

If you cant wait for the DEV team just get a Turbosim:
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2007/10/un...y_wo.html#more

and btw why the wait for iphone from ebay?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Oh long story.

Seller got mixed up.
    Now i gotta wait till next week for my iphone.

Oh well,
    lets hope they release an unlock by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Oh long story.

Seller got mixed up.
    Now i gotta wait till next week for my iphone.

Oh well,
    lets hope they release an unlock by then.
    Can you send me the page of the item listed on ebay.

Default I just want to make sure I read this correctly
    Wow i never knew there would be an unlock solution before we even get jail breaking too work!?

Plus its only been what like 2-3 days of TESTING?! Really! it takes this long?

What the hell is going on in the DevTeam world!

Everyone wants to know whats the latest news in the Dev World.
    Are you asking those who are currently working on a FREE solution to hurry up???
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    Are you asking those who are currently working on a FREE solution to hurry up???
    Yeah he is.

They already got a working jailbreak for 1.1.1 their testing it now.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 10-03-2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, im not asking them to hurry up.

I'm asking, they've managed to make a jailbreak technique for 1.1.1 and yet they havn't released any new news on how thats going.

I'm asking, they've managed to make a jailbreak technique for 1.1.1 and yet they havn't released any new news on how thats going.
    I agree.

Because they probably have no new news?

Testing takes time. Would you rather they release the jailbreak to the public, have you all jump on it and brick phones again cause it had a bug they missed the first few tests?

Sheesh, some mothers' children...
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Well let them take time.

not to be rude but as a person in the I.T. industry i totally understand why it's taking a few days..

"USERS" want things to be speeded up or reported constantly instead of just leaving dev people or support people alone to do their thing. this constant hassle causes the release to come too early and therefore creates bugs so MORE complaints can come in and creates longer wait times for a better version.

Apple is the perfect example... ATT probably wanted them to hurry their asses up creating firmware 1.1.1 or constantly asking "when when.. what's the status report?" and what did they get? a whole CRAPLOAD of bugs that i wouldn't want to run into..

so i feel you mofolo having to wait etc for new updates and progress to get a new toy running properly.. but in order for you to enjoy it properly it needs to be developed properly and that'll take time ; >

so until then.. your iphone is probably going to come with 1.0.2 firmware anyway cause 1.1.1 probably won't show in stores for a bit.. so just jailbreak it and unlock it and enjoy 3rd party apps, free ringtones etc.

honestly until apple puts some serious upgrades in firmware, such as landscape texting, multiple sms recipients, a folder tree type interface for sms(inbox, sent etc), video recorder etc i am VERY happy with my 1.0.2 firmware and probably won;t upgrade to 1.1.1 even though something gets release.

Quote Originally Posted by johentie View Post

honestly until apple puts some serious upgrades in firmware, such as landscape texting, multiple sms recipients, a folder tree type interface for sms(inbox, sent etc), video recorder etc i am VERY happy with my 1.0.2 firmware and probably won;t upgrade to 1.1.1 even though something gets release.
    Totally agree with you dude.
    Thats pretty sad how no multiple messaging.

I think it all set backs for the iphone are buried under the phones touch screen and whole prettiness. lol.

But then again, apple can always update! Thats the great thing about the iphone.

I really did want the ipod touch functions though, they'd help a lot for me.
    Ohh well.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i don't think its a matter of hurrying up. its just a seek for a update, which i'm sure ALL of us are thinking about.

I know I know, i've working in a IT world and know how things go, i don't want them releasing something prematurely but...

its just a questions that us all curious minds want to know, "whats the progress of the jailbreak/unlock solutions?" its all good though. I'm trying to wait patiently

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow. Are half of you 12 years old or something? Grow up and get some patience. Are you geeks that sit around jerking it to the iPhone all day or something? Go get a hobby! Buy a hot rod. Go to the gym. Get LAID! Do something other than whine that FREE isn't happening fast enough after a few short days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    Wow. Are half of you 12 years old or something? Grow up and get some patience. Are you geeks that sit around jerking it to the iPhone all day or something? Go get a hobby! Buy a hot rod. Go to the gym. Get LAID! Do something other than whine that FREE isn't happening fast enough after a few short days.
    some people just want to mod their phones....

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    unfortunately i work and i can't do those things at work.. haha.. i wish i could..

i don't think its a matter of hurrying up. its just a seek for a update, which i'm sure ALL of us are thinking about.

I know I know, i've working in a IT world and know how things go, i don't want them releasing something prematurely but...

its just a questions that us all curious minds want to know, "whats the progress of the jailbreak/unlock solutions?" its all good though. I'm trying to wait patiently
    status reports ruin the surprise hahaha jk.. it;s understandable but maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine when people always ask me what my progress is.. that;s why i need to be my own boss in the future ; >

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johentie View Post
    but maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine when people always ask me what my progress is.. that;s why i need to be my own boss in the future ; >
    maybe, but even if u are your own boss. if u someone is relying on you, you'll always have someone worrying and asking for a progress report. its only natural. if you are your own boss, it might be a customer, and then u have to go get your own progress report from someone, unless your like me and already would have that progress report to give the customer b/c you are expecting that you'll be asked for 1.

true... i'll have it done .. just i don;t like being asked.. i'd rather just give it to them without them asking .. up them one ; >

but i guess it's just another fact of life u cannot avoid... especilly in IT..

but back on topic sorry for the sidetrack

So what if the answer is - that you must stick with 1.0.2 for two years if you want to use third party applications.

During the last 90 days what 3rd party applications were created vs new applications by Apple. Also, Imagine what 3rd party appls will be available a year from now! My boat will be anchored with 1.0.2, happily. At least with 1.0.2 we're not at the mercy of Apple's dictates.

I could care less about the double clicks and the itunes application.
    I'm wishing for a good scientific calculator and a new calendar application that can sync with yahoo calendar.

Final rambling point - I want Appl to have a strong 3rd party competitor so it'll embarrass them to bring out new powerful applications.
    Last edited by FirstChoice; 10-03-2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast