+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iPhone 3Gs (new model) with Baseband 6.15 on iOS 5.1

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey there, can anyone help me out? i've got an iPhone that was previously jailbroken on iOS 4, then updated to apple stock iOS 5.1 by mistake. I have now
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Unlock iPhone 3Gs (new model) with Baseband 6.15 on iOS 5.1
    Hey there, can anyone help me out? i've got an iPhone that was previously jailbroken on iOS 4, then updated to apple stock iOS 5.1 by mistake. I have now managed to jailbreak this so i am currently on jailbroken iOS 5.1. I've installed the ultrasn0w fixer, then ultrasn0w and followed those instructions but my iPhone is still searching for service after many reboots. This is the newer model of the 3Gs so when i made the cfw to jailbreak i didn't check the option to install iPad baseband as it's not compatible. I've looked into downgrading the baseband but apparently that won't work on this model either.
    Has anyone got some ideas on what i can do?
    Thanks

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You won't be able to jailbreak unless you have iPad baseband, Sorry.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its already jailbroken on iOS 5.1, do you mean i cant unlock? is there not any way to fix this?
    Thanks for your reply

Thanks

No problem at all. Unless you can get on iPad baseband, You won't be able to unlock since you were previously unlocked. You're gonna have to get iPad baseband on there...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

greystash1 (03-25-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dammit

Thanks

Yah sorry bro You'll have to wait to get the baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greystash1 View Post
    Dammit
    Ditto. I'm in the same boat. Waiting for the hackers to come up with a breakthrough, God bless em. The only solution for me is a chip replacement since my phone was manufactured after week 35 of 2011. This can be done here http://www.beijingiphonerepair.com/baseband-chip/ or you can do it yourself if you have soldering, patience and some experience taking apart laptops or phones. I've considered doing it but I think I'll wait a bit longer. Go the hackers!!!
    Last edited by sparker1; 03-25-2012 at 08:31 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sparker1 For This Useful Post:

greystash1 (03-27-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1 View Post
    Ditto. I'm in the same boat. Waiting for the hackers to come up with a breakthrough, God bless em. The only solution for me is a chip replacement since my phone was manufactured after week 35 of 2011. This can be done here Replace 3G, 3GS Baseband Chip to Fix GPS Issue [6.15.00 Downgrade] | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com or you can do it yourself if you have soldering, patience and some experience taking apart laptops or phones. I've considered doing it but I think I'll wait a bit longer. Go the hackers!!!
    Can't disagree with ya there

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks promising but I know there are a lot of "rip-off" merchants in this field. Is anybody able to vouch for them? The cost is around $20 so it's not a lot of money to risk. Here is the article (reads like an advertisement) Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3Gs/4/4S/iPad 2 & New iPad iOS 5.1 with iPhone4Sjailbreak.com and this is their website How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S iOS 5.1 in 2 minutes. My preference is still to wait for our hacker mates. I think I trust them more because all the testing, faults and problems are openly discussed with their releases.

Thanks

No! Do NOT use those kind of sites! They are potentially harmful to your device and to your PC and are therefore not trustworthy. Only exploits from the iPhone Dev Team are trustworthy. NEVER use those kind of sites!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

sparker1 (03-27-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    No! Do NOT use those kind of sites! They are potentially harmful to your device and to your PC and are therefore not trustworthy. Only exploits from the iPhone Dev Team are trustworthy. NEVER use those kind of sites!
    Thanks for the advice. I had a baaaaaaad feeling about it.

Thanks

Yah those kind of sites are never trustable. Never use them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greystash1 View Post
    Hey there, can anyone help me out? i've got an iPhone that was previously jailbroken on iOS 4, then updated to apple stock iOS 5.1 by mistake. I have now managed to jailbreak this so i am currently on jailbroken iOS 5.1. I've installed the ultrasn0w fixer, then ultrasn0w and followed those instructions but my iPhone is still searching for service after many reboots. This is the newer model of the 3Gs so when i made the cfw to jailbreak i didn't check the option to install iPad baseband as it's not compatible. I've looked into downgrading the baseband but apparently that won't work on this model either.
    Has anyone got some ideas on what i can do?
    Thanks
    I have the same phone and situation as you. I have a newer model bootrom iphone 3gs 5.1 with ipad bb installed.

First create then install the created custom firmware with latest redsnow, and then jailbreak it and put check marks on install cydia and ipad bb, ignore the warnings that redsnow gives you, well you need to know about the warning that, the gps might not work, warranty is no good with apple, and you cant downgrade the baseband no more as of right now. After these steps remember its going to be a tethered situation so after its done with the jailbreaking and it reboots its going to be stuck at the apple icon loading screen, so run redsnow again and choose extras, then choose just boot tethered, then follow the directions to set it up the iphone to dfu mode then it'll then boot into the very first part of the screens when you first buy it brand new, like asking about language, country, and all that and it should be already activated with the jailbreaking process and you be at the home screen.

Then do the steps in order of 1st going to cydia app from the homescreen area, then let cydia downlaod all the updates, then install ultrasnow fixer, then the ultrasnow program on there as well, just follow guides all over the net.

And after doing the last step of installing ultrasnow it will be back at the homescreen, but go ahead and turn off the iphone, then turn it back on at the stuck apple screen logo then run the jsut boot tethered option in redsnow extras, then pop in your sim card and hopefully it work. I actually popped in the sim card when I turned it off for the last time and it saw the tmbiile service right away.

Now im not sure if this is your case but couple days ago when I first installed the ipadd bb i had a issue with the iphone like it was semi bricked it was stuck in dfu/recovery mode and I couldn't install no firmwares at all custom or stocks. I was basically having the common error 28 in itunes when i try to restore a firmware, well I fixed that issue by removing the logic board aka motherboard from the battery for couple of hours to clear the corrupted nand chip or something. So after putting it back together i was able to restore to the stock apple 5.1 firmware with no problems, then I basically ran the all the steps that i explained to you here in the begginng except I dindt check mark the option to install the ipad bb because i did it already couple days ago before the semi bricked issue.

Well what happens is if the ipad bb version is installed and you install a stock official apple firmware, its going to mess up and corrupted the ipad bb version thats there already, your suppse to only install a custom firmware from now on with the ipad bb installed.

So what I did is simply re ran the rednsow jailbreak option and only chose the ipad bb option again and viola it unlocked with my tmobile.

If you need help let me know. good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi iv the same issue re-installed stock 5.1 after ipad bb because im a tool, but this reply sounds like it might work for me just found this forum searching for a answer and had to sign up to say fair play i will be trying this tonight and ill let you no if it works. i have a new bootrom 3gs on 5.1 ipad bb by the way which will not activate past the set up screen thanks again Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    I have the same phone and situation as you. I have a newer model bootrom iphone 3gs 5.1 with ipad bb installed.

First create then install the created custom firmware with latest redsnow, and then jailbreak it and put check marks on install cydia and ipad bb, ignore the warnings that redsnow gives you, well you need to know about the warning that, the gps might not work, warranty is no good with apple, and you cant downgrade the baseband no more as of right now. After these steps remember its going to be a tethered situation so after its done with the jailbreaking and it reboots its going to be stuck at the apple icon loading screen, so run redsnow again and choose extras, then choose just boot tethered, then follow the directions to set it up the iphone to dfu mode then it'll then boot into the very first part of the screens when you first buy it brand new, like asking about language, country, and all that and it should be already activated with the jailbreaking process and you be at the home screen.

Then do the steps in order of 1st going to cydia app from the homescreen area, then let cydia downlaod all the updates, then install ultrasnow fixer, then the ultrasnow program on there as well, just follow guides all over the net.

And after doing the last step of installing ultrasnow it will be back at the homescreen, but go ahead and turn off the iphone, then turn it back on at the stuck apple screen logo then run the jsut boot tethered option in redsnow extras, then pop in your sim card and hopefully it work. I actually popped in the sim card when I turned it off for the last time and it saw the tmbiile service right away.

Now im not sure if this is your case but couple days ago when I first installed the ipadd bb i had a issue with the iphone like it was semi bricked it was stuck in dfu/recovery mode and I couldn't install no firmwares at all custom or stocks. I was basically having the common error 28 in itunes when i try to restore a firmware, well I fixed that issue by removing the logic board aka motherboard from the battery for couple of hours to clear the corrupted nand chip or something. So after putting it back together i was able to restore to the stock apple 5.1 firmware with no problems, then I basically ran the all the steps that i explained to you here in the begginng except I dindt check mark the option to install the ipad bb because i did it already couple days ago before the semi bricked issue.

Well what happens is if the ipad bb version is installed and you install a stock official apple firmware, its going to mess up and corrupted the ipad bb version thats there already, your suppse to only install a custom firmware from now on with the ipad bb installed.

So what I did is simply re ran the rednsow jailbreak option and only chose the ipad bb option again and viola it unlocked with my tmobile.

If you need help let me know. good luck

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
    Hi iv the same issue re-installed stock 5.1 after ipad bb because im a tool, but this reply sounds like it might work for me just found this forum searching for a answer and had to sign up to say fair play i will be trying this tonight and ill let you no if it works. i have a new bootrom 3gs on 5.1 ipad bb by the way which will not activate past the set up screen thanks again Dave
    Cool let us know if it works, im sure the thread starter guy would like to know if it works for your phone as well.

Yea go ahead and just do all the steps all over again fresh, like creating and installing the custom firmware 5.1 with redsnow, then doing the jailbreal process with redsnow after, then doing the steps for ultrasnow fixer and ultrasnow last.

Don't forget to reinstall put a check mark on the ipad bb when doing the jail breaking steps. And dont put a check mark on deactivate, because its seems like the way it works is when you simply jailbreak it with the other options of install cydia, and install ipad bb, it automatically activates the iphone so your not stuck at the beggining from it wanting a at&t sim card and such. Good luck
    Last edited by pctek; 03-29-2012 at 12:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Pctek, May I ask what your week of manufacture is for your iphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi Pctek, May I ask what your week of manufacture is for your iphone?
    well the 3rd, 4th, and 5th #"s are 030

Thanks

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pctek For This Useful Post:

sparker1 (03-29-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think that makes it week 30 of 2010. Wouldn't that be old bootrom?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think that makes it week 30 of 2010. Wouldn't that be old bootrom?
    Yea by the numbers its the old one I guess. But whats wierd is when I ran I forgot what program, snowbreeze I think it detected as the newer version bootrom. So I just dont know.

What I read around the internet google search results form diferent forums not just here, is that you just have to take a risk and get lucky if you have a newer thats closest to be an old version, sometimes it will work sucesfully.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine is week 42 of 2011 so I should not muck about with the baseband.