+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to bypass 5.1 activation screens?..........

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Last night I used snowbreeze if I remember and used it to install the ipad baseband using the 4.3 firmware since I was on 4.3 already with baseband 5.16.01 if
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How to bypass 5.1 activation screens?..........
    Last night I used snowbreeze if I remember and used it to install the ipad baseband using the 4.3 firmware since I was on 4.3 already with baseband 5.16.01 if I remember right.

Now after it with throught the progress of installing the custom 4.3 firmware with ipad bb checked, it got stuck on blank screen dfu mode, well tiny umbrella with fix recovery button wouldn't get it out fully, everytime it would reloop and go back to dfu mode.

So I open up itunes and let it install the new 5.1 firmware so now it works it boots up like normal but its stuck on that activation screen. How do I go about bypasing this, I dont have a at&t sim card I have tmobile which I want to unlock this iphone once activation screen is gone.

Im assuming the ipad baseband is already installed right? Cause the custom snowbreeze install last night went through I suppose it just got stuck reloop on dfu so thats why I installed 5.1 fresh. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Make another custom 5.1 with snowbreeze. This time use expert mode and under the general tab select the box to activate the custom firmware. Then restore to that custom firmware in iTunes.

Or alternatively run latest redsnow and choose to install cydia. That will hactivate it too I believe.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Make another custom 5.1 with snowbreeze. This time use expert mode and under the general tab select the box to activate the custom firmware. Then restore to that custom firmware in iTunes.

Or alternatively run latest redsnow and choose to install cydia. That will hactivate it too I believe.
    Ok with the 2 options you mention is it going to work even though i never saved the shsh blob stuff?

Also with whatever of the 2 ways you tell me should I reinstall the ipad baseband option also just incase the one I did last didnt go through or what? ThaNKS AGAIN

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

You don't need shsh for 5.1 right now because it is the current firmware available. You shouldn't have to install the iPad baseband again but you can if you want.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You don't need shsh for 5.1 right now because it is the current firmware available. You shouldn't have to install the iPad baseband again but you can if you want.
    Well I ran the latest redsnow that supports 5.1 and chose the options of isntall cydia, install ipad bb, and deactivate, and it went through the process but it still goes to same screen after choosing the langiage, country of wanted to activate via sim card or itunes. Do you knwo whats up? maybe try snobreeze or ownagetools? thanks

Well never mind I guess, I put in a old at&t sim card i had laying around and by choosing wifi option it actually went through now im at the homescreen. So I guess rensnow helped a little because before doing redsnow even with the at&t card it failed after couple minutes.

So how do i go about unlocking this 5.1 ipad baseband thanks?

Well never mind I guess, I put in a old at&t sim card i had laying around and by choosing wifi option it actually went through now im at the homescreen. So I guess rensnow helped a little because before doing redsnow even with the at&t card it failed after couple minutes.

So how do i go about unlocking this 5.1 ipad baseband thanks?
    Last edited by pctek; 03-25-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

If Ultrasnow fixer doesn't unlock and you need it unlock ASAP, downgrading to 4.1 is your best option.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If Ultrasnow fixer doesn't unlock and you need it unlock ASAP, downgrading to 4.1 is your best option.
    Well I follow this guide:

How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.1 by using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.3 to custom Firmware | Tips World, Tips Blog

And it goes all the way installing the custom firmware and itunes says its done restoring to keep the iphone connected and its going to restart but just like last night its stuck on dfu, it wont get out of it I click on fix recovery in tiny umbrella but it reloops of dfu mode.

Thats why I installed the official 5.1 firmware within itunes last so this iphone can go back to booting with something like normal. Anyone know a fix stuck dfu mode?

forget the guide I followed, do you have a guide to follow to jailbreak and unlock the 5.1 3gs, because I have a feeling im going to reisntall apple firmware 5.1 fresh again via itunes and start all over.

Because I kind of got out of the stuck dfu mode by using red snow boot tethered option. But now the iphone runs slow and sluggish, but I went ahead and followed the guide I posted here above and installed the ultrasnow fix in cydia and installed ultrasnow and the guide said to restart iphone but it went straight to dfu mode again and I used the boot tethered option in redsnow and now its stuck on a blank white screen. help.....
    Last edited by pctek; 03-25-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks

What is your current baseband ?

Try not to use a custom firmware created by snowbreeze with ipad bb checked.

Are you sure Ultrasn0w fixer will give you service at 5.1, I would not waste time by downgrading to 4.1 and unlock by Ultrasn0w with updated to ipad bb.

OR if you have 5.0.1 blob, then you can restore to 5.0.1 too, why 5.1 when it is tethered jailbreak for Newbootrom.
    Last edited by iYeow; 03-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What is your current baseband ?

Try not to use a custom firmware created by snowbreeze with ipad bb checked.

Are you sure Ultrasn0w fixer will give you service at 5.1, I would not waste time by downgrading to 4.1 and unlock by Ultrasn0w with updated to ipad bb.

OR if you have 5.0.1 blob, then you can restore to 5.0.1 too, why 5.1 when it is tethered jailbreak for Newbootrom.

Well currently I have a new issue I message you the issues just now.

I have the older bootrom not the new one, you talking about that serial # check right? If so I do have an older 3gs. So I have a 3gs 5.1 with the ipad bb.

But for now this iphone is a brick.....

Thanks

A brick ? Are you saying always in dfu mode ?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    A brick ? Are you saying always in dfu mode ?
    Well its like it goes or I can make go into the normal looking dfu mode blank screen right.... So Im trying to get out of that blank scren so I tried loading up itunes and it detects it as recovery mode and if i try the normal restore button on itunes i get error 28, if I try the shift option to load the custom 5.1 on my desktop that I created earleir I get error 1601.

I even ran redsbow in did the ownagemode and right away it detects as fdu ready to isntall custom firmware via itunes but I still get a erorr in itunes.

But when I say a white screen that happens when I try the recovery fix and boot tethered optins in rednsow those option each make the iphone go out of blank dfu to a white blank screen. So to get out of this white screen I hold the button down like if im putting it in dfu mode it it goes black blank dfu looking mode....

Thanks

Your iphone is not a brick yet. Now you need to disconnect the power completely from the logic board for it to reset itself.
    Two ways, one is to let the battery drain out completely and it may take days or even weeks. The second is to remove the battery, let it sit for 10 mins and put it back , your iphone will boot up into recovery mode.
    Once in recovery mode, you can only restore to custom firmware because you already have ipad baseband.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Dang it i have the newbootrom version. I ran the detector in snowbreeze 2.9.3. Gosh dang now what....

Your iphone is not a brick yet. Now you need to disconnect the power completely from the logic board for it to reset itself.
    Two ways, one is to let the battery drain out completely and it may take days or even weeks. The second is to remove the battery, let it sit for 10 mins and put it back , your iphone will boot up into recovery mode.
    Once in recovery mode, you can only restore to custom firmware because you already have ipad baseband.

I just saw this after posting I do have the newboot rom. Do I still do your steps?

Thanks

Try and put your iphone into normal dfu mode and restore to stock 4.1 ipsw. Let apple verify your restore by changing your hosts file back to apple using Tiny Umbrella under adv tab.
    Close TU
    You will error at 1015 and kick it out, if you end up at emergency screen , then you don't have to remove the battery. But if you end up in black and white flashes, you will need to remove the battery or remove the power source completely to reset itself.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Try and put your iphone into normal dfu mode and restore to stock 4.1 ipsw. Let apple verify your restore by changing your hosts file back to apple using Tiny Umbrella under adv tab.
    Close TU
    You will error at 1015 and kick it out, if you end up at emergency screen , then you don't have to remove the battery. But if you end up in black and white flashes, you will need to remove the battery or remove the power source completely to reset itself.
    Im going to try this now soon....... I'm downloading 4.1 now.....

But didnt i mess up the iphone by installing ipad bb on this newer bootrom 3gs? I thought I read its really bad?....

So I open up tiny umbrella made sure that the option was unchecked, then I open up itunes and hit shift and chose to restore 4.1 and the iphone comes out of the blank screen and it goes like white color then another white color screen then itunes error's out with # 28

Now what
    Last edited by pctek; 03-26-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Close TU
    I think this issue currently happen I isntall that snowbreeze fix or whatever its called from cydia, then right after that installing the regular non fix snow app from cydia then it required a reboot of the iphone then after that now its messed up.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So I dont feel liking opening up the iphone to so I think i'l just wait until the battery dies out in couple days to a week. Im assuming since its some time of recovery/dfu blank screen mode ther battery is being used right? So when the battery does die, whats next? try to install the a custom 5.1 firmware and hopefully error 28 doesnt come up or what?

How do I put it in dfu if the battery is empty? Thanks

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

When it's in DFU, Yes the battery is being used. Like @iYeow said, It will take a LONG time for it to drain since it's not running any processes that consume battery. Also yes, You do try to get the custom firmware. Like he also said, Take out the battery after you're sure it's COMPLETELY drained and let it sit for 10 minutes, After that let it boot into recovery.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    When it's in DFU, Yes the battery is being used. Like @iYeow said, It will take a LONG time for it to drain since it's not running any processes that consume battery. Also yes, You do try to get the custom firmware. Like he also said, Take out the battery after you're sure it's COMPLETELY drained and let it sit for 10 minutes, After that let it boot into recovery.
    I sent you a message thanks.....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok let get this right i have the 8gb 3gs its the newer model one the bootrom they call it right?So yesterday when I installed the 5.1 before all thjis mess up happen I made the custom 5.1 and isntalled the ipad baseband 06.15.00, But I wasnt suppose to install the ipad baseband 06.15.00 on my newer model 3gs right?

because I cant now which one I used I think snowbreeze but it ask's a question if you ahve the newer 3gs bootrom version yes or no? Well I chose no but it still installed the ipad baseband 06.15.00 successfully I assume.

So if I have the ipad baseband 06.15.00 currently install can I still install the untethered 5.0.1 like you mention, or does it have to to be always 5.1 now? thanks