+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to bypass 5.1 activation screens?..........

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok I did the error 28 fix today by removing the logic board aka motherboard from the battery and let it sit like that for couple of hours, and now
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok I did the error 28 fix today by removing the logic board aka motherboard from the battery and let it sit like that for couple of hours, and now it has fresh install of 5.1 with the ipad baseband 06.15.00. Now please what are the steps in order to get pass the activation part and jailbreak it and unlock please finally, before I mess it up again lol. thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok so I already installed a custom jailbroken 5.1 firmware on my 3gs. It also has the ipad baseband 06.15.00.

Ok my 3rd 4th 5th serial numbers are 030, now by this serial info is this the new or old bootroom if thats what its called and can I unlock?

I ask this because besides jailbreaking 5.1 liek I did and did the steps successfully of ultrasnow fixer and ultra snow from cydia, it says no service even though my tmobile sim is there. DO you know whats going on? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,165 Times in 6,639 Posts

What steps did you do for ultrasnow fixer?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

I went to cydia app from the homescreen and isntalled that fixer and then ultrasnow latest version. I followed a guide on the net. Isnt this what I suppose to do?

But theres a guy that messaged saying that if i installed the ipad bb and have a IMEI numbers in my iphone settings then it cant be unlocked or something.

I dont know what to do know maybe isntall stock 5.1 and sell it so a at&t sim card can be used or what? thnakls

Thanks

Not sure what that person is talking about the IMEI, doesnt make sense.

Go into settings and confirm that your version says 5.1 and your modem firmware says 6.15.00

What repo did you add to cydia to get the ultrasnow fixer?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Not sure what that person is talking about the IMEI, doesnt make sense.

Go into settings and confirm that your version says 5.1 and your modem firmware says 6.15.00

What repo did you add to cydia to get the ultrasnow fixer?
    Yes it says 5.1 and the ipad bb 6.15.00

The repo is: repo.iparelhos
    Thanks

Thanks

And what sim card are you trying to use with it? Tmobile?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    And what sim card are you trying to use with it? Tmobile?
    yea tmobile. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

You cannot unlock at 5.1 yet even though you have ipad bb as Ultrasn0w is not updated to comply with IOS 5.1 but only up to 5.0.1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You cannot unlock at 5.1 yet even though you have ipad bb as Ultrasn0w is not updated to comply with IOS 5.1 but only up to 5.0.1
    Ok got it now I have a definite answer, before i sell it you know how long it will take for a unlock. Also if i sell it to my ex brother in law my nephews dad, if I restore it to stock apple 5.1 with the ipad bb that it has installed since i cant roll back the bb anyways will it still work with a real at&t sim card? If so the gps might now work right or something? thanks

Thanks

Your ipad bb is not going to change, you can downgrade to 4.1 and unlock with Ultrasnow or use it on atnt at 5.1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Your ipad bb is not going to change, you can downgrade to 4.1 and unlock with Ultrasnow or use it on atnt at 5.1
    Well this is funny remeber couple days ago I installed the ipad bb then after that its when the iphone got semi bricked or whatever with error 28 so I removed the logic board from battery for couple hours and after that It was working again. During that time after I put the phoen back together I isntalled the stock apple 5.1 fresh in itunes not a custom firmware or anything, well accorind to another forum a guy said whenever you install ipad bb then install a stock firmware its going to corrupted the baseband and you will get no sim or no service error with a working sim.

Well I said ok since I might have corrupted the bb by putting on stock 5.1, I open up redsnow and ran the reinstall of the ipad bb only nothing else and now its working on my tmobile.

Another guy her in the forum said theres no unlock for 3gs 5.1 on ipad bb. wierd huh? thanks

Thanks

The reason being if you already have ipd bb and you restored to stock fw, you make your ipad bb unstable. To make it work again ,flashing with ipad bb brings back a stable baseband.
    As to your unlock , from what I know Ultrasnow is still at version 1.2.5 which unlocks up to 5.0.1 , how did you unlock yours at 5.1 , ultrsnow fixer or Ultrasnow has already being updated.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The reason being if you already have ipd bb and you restored to stock fw, you make your ipad bb unstable. To make it work again ,flashing with ipad bb brings back a stable baseband.
    As to your unlock , from what I know Ultrasnow is still at version 1.2.5 which unlocks up to 5.0.1 , how did you unlock yours at 5.1 , ultrsnow fixer or Ultrasnow has already being updated.
    How did I unlock? well I did the normal steps of installing ultrasnow fixer then ultrasnow 1.2.5 from cydia, but that still didnt make my tmobile sim card work yet, until I reinstalled the ipad bb again as the one that was there got messed up by installing a stock 5.1 firmware prevously. Thanks

Thanks

There is a fix available in cydia to make ultrasnow work with 5.1 Yeow.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    How did I unlock? well I did the normal steps of installing ultrasnow fixer then ultrasnow 1.2.5 from cydia, but that still didnt make my tmobile sim card work yet, until I reinstalled the ipad bb again as the one that was there got messed up by installing a stock 5.1 firmware prevously. Thanks
    So you are good now then?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12