+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i get if a iphone 4S is factory unlocked?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I am going to buy a used Iphone 4s today. Seller told me that the phone is factory unlocked but i dont know if that really is. Is there
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question How do i get if a iphone 4S is factory unlocked?
    Hi,

I am going to buy a used Iphone 4s today. Seller told me that the phone is factory unlocked but i dont know if that really is. Is there any way i can identify if the phone is locked / Factory unlocked?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

take a sim or two of different providers and use it on the phone when u meet the seller and see if they both work fine (make calls send texts)

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byazid View Post
    Hi,

I am going to buy a used Iphone 4s today. Seller told me that the phone is factory unlocked but i dont know if that really is. Is there any way i can identify if the phone is locked / Factory unlocked?
    you cannot identify it just by looking at the settings, you have to pop in a provider's sim card and if there is reception, then check it with another provider's sim card, and if both shows reception, then it is factory unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Halarpooo na bujihaaa comment koros.. paile vore dium...
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    you cannot identify it just by looking at the settings, you have to pop in a provider's sim card and if there is reception, then check it with another provider's sim card, and if both shows reception, then it is factory unlocked
    What if the phone is unlocked through other procedure? well, that will definately iderntify all networks...

Quote Originally Posted by toxicfume View Post
    take a sim or two of different providers and use it on the phone when u meet the seller and see if they both work fine (make calls send texts)
    I’m talking about factory unlock. Not simply unlock (i.e. ultra snow/ black snow)
    Thanks for your understating…
    Last edited by byazid; 03-19-2012 at 06:16 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Just put a Tmobile sim in reboot it tmobie should pop up if not its not a factory unlocked iphone there is no unlock out for 4s yet - I have a factory unlocked 4s

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Just put a Tmobile sim in reboot it tmobie should pop up if not its not a factory unlocked iphone there is no unlock out for 4s yet - I have a factory unlocked 4s
    I agree. The only way to unlock a 4S is with an unlock sim like gevey if its on the right baseband. Factory 4S wont have that issue. Pop carrier sim in and verify it has signal.