+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking on 5.1 3gs old boot rom

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am looking to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3gs on 5.1. This will be an untethered jailbreak for me because I have the old bootrom. But I need to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am looking to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3gs on 5.1. This will be an untethered jailbreak for me because I have the old bootrom. But I need to unlock this and am currently on 4.3.5 with BB 5.16.02.. how do I update to 5.1 with an unlockable baseband?

Will using the custom ipsw from red0sn0w give me an unlockable BB? Or will it keep me on my 5.16.02 BB, from which I understand isn't unlockable thru ultrasn0w?
    Last edited by thofdahl; 03-13-2012 at 09:44 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Only way is to install iPad BB, but this will destroy your GPS.

Also we dont know if ultrasn0w 1.2.5 is compatible with iOS 5.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ultrasn0w dosn't work with 5.1 but if you put the repo 'repo.iparelhos.com' sources cydia and use ultrasn0w fixer it will... Use the fixer first then install ultrasn0w.
    Worked for me:-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

You'll need to flash the iPad bb like someone else already said before you can use Ultrasn0w on it. I don't know if ^ works or not, regarding the ultrasn0w fix for 5.1, so I can't advocate for that.

You need to check your serial number and determine if your device was manufacture before week 35 of 2011. If it is, the iPad bb will be fine (just remember, you can lose GPS and you'll be stuck using custom firmwares for the most part and cannot go stock again by doing this). If it is week 35 or later, the ipad bb will brick your phone.