+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CDMA iphone 4s unlock ??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have iphone 4s with sprint is there will be a way to unlock the phone sim solt with a software in the near future without using the Gevey Sim
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question CDMA iphone 4s unlock ??
    i have iphone 4s with sprint is there will be a way to unlock the phone sim solt with a software in the near future without using the Gevey Sim ?? if not what trusted Sim brand to unlock it ?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,786 Times in 6,879 Posts

There is no software unlock, not sure if there will ever be. As far as a gevey sim I dont believe they work the same way with a Sprint 4S. From what I have seen some say they dont work with sprint phones and some say only 2G works. Sprint will unlock the phone under certain conditions for you but not for other US carriers, only for international carriers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tariqi4s (03-13-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Supposedly TPSIM the makers of the very first iPhone 4S sim unlock made a sim to unlock a CDMA device. I personally have not tried it so no guarantee if it works or not.

TPSIM for Iphone 4s Sprint Version

What's Jailbreak?
    La Vega, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
    Thanks

found this kid selling info on getting it cheaper... it kinda worked for me. It saved me around 10 bucks. This TPSIM works great for my 4s from Sprint with 3g and all.

TPSIM CDMA 3rd Gen for iPhone 4s (Sprint&Verizon) How To Get it for 37.00 FS | eBay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thundara For This Useful Post:

tariqi4s (03-14-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    La Vega, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
    Thanks

The TPSIM works for all CDMA carriers, there is one version for each CDMA carrier... this turbo sim was made by the China Sn0w team which was the first team to develop an unlock solution for the 4s but since ApplenBerry and the gevey brand was more renowned they were ignored by the press and tech blogs.... I think they sold the technology to a bunch of companies and that's why there are lots of unlock sim card interposers now (R-sim, Gevey Ultra S, GPP-Sim, etc) but this TPSIM is the very original one.

The only downside to this is that your phone has to be on either 5.0 or 5.0.1 to work.

Here's the YouTube video showing how it works...
    Unlock iPhone 4S GSM CDMA Verizon Sprint with TPSIM Unlock - YouTube

You can buy it on eBay although they are going for around 50 bucks right now... there's a seller selling info on getting it for 10 dollars less... This is his seller's profile...

eBay My World - ekimalito

He probably has more listings there...

BTW this TPSIM thing does support 3g networks as you can see on the video. Just remember that the 4s doesn't support 3G band on T-mobile for instance and that's not related to the unlock rather in a technical specification that the 4s doesn't have...
    Last edited by Thundara; 03-14-2012 at 07:32 PM.