Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "New" IMEI unlock for iPhone 4?

Default "New" IMEI unlock for iPhone 4?
    Just wondering...has anyone checked out cutyoursim's IMEI unlocking service? They provide unlocks for ATT, apparently. I figure they are slightly reputable since they were around last year for all the unlocks (and had proven success). They've been doing this for a while now, close to 2 weeks? Anyone hear anything about this?

I've tried searching on mmi forums, but nothing comes up for recent news about IMEI unlocking and cutyoursim. Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Never heard of them before

During the IMEI unlocking that occurred last year, cutyoursim along with negri electronics were offering IMEI unlocks.

I ordered it on March 3 from cutyoursim. It's $184.99, still waiting for them to e-mail me back for the good news.

Cool! Let me know how it goes, I'm strongly considering this cause I'm satisfied with my 4.

Well...a 16gb white 4 sells for like what, 300$ now? If i were to sell it, I could spend the $184 toward an unlocked 4S for an additional $120~... hmm.

Still waiting... I hope I don't have to restore. I don't want to lose my untethered JB.

I am waiting for one i ordered March 3rd as well. I doubt you will need to restore though. My understanding is that you just need to insert your foreign sim, launch itunes and itunes will send your imei number to their database to see your imei is in their whitelist. If it is, Itunes automatically activates the phone and you have an unlocked iphone.

Thanks

Hope this works. Can't wait to see progress

Quote Originally Posted by medsouljah View Post
    Still waiting... I hope I don't have to restore. I don't want to lose my untethered JB.
    Hey make sure to keep us updated on how successful it is. I'm considering the service my self, have a device collecting dust at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by medsouljah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Af4s View Post
    I am waiting for one i ordered March 3rd as well. I doubt you will need to restore though. My understanding is that you just need to insert your foreign sim, launch itunes and itunes will send your imei number to their database to see your imei is in their whitelist. If it is, Itunes automatically activates the phone and you have an unlocked iphone.
    Correct. What happened last time this was available was that you just plug your phone into iTunes when they tell you it's ready. It'll kind of re-activate itself and say "Congratulations, your iPhone is now unlocked" or something like that. Either way, whoever you purchase(d) this service from usually will tell you what to do. So not to worry.

But yeah, anyone consider my earlier post? Unlocked 4S = 650 + tax. Selling a 16gb 4 is around 300$ on craigslist. This service already costs $185...so if you sell your iPhone 4 and put the $185 toward a new device, you're at 485. Ponying up the ~$180 (to include tax) difference shouldn't take too long right? I mean if the turnaround for this service is 5-20 days, you probably could make that amount within those ~3 weeks AND you get a brand new device? I dunno...thoughts. I'm considering that if this doesn't prove worthy...cause $185 is pretty much 50% of the price of an iPhone 4 16gb..

I bought it for my iPhone 4 via cutyoursim on March 1 and it was "submitted for processing" on the 2nd. As far as I can tell, nobody has gotten an unlock as of yet. They are saying between 15 and 20 days, so I still have a week to wait at the minimum.
    As to why I bought it -- I live in europe with my att iphone. Nobody here would buy a locked att iphone, I'd guess. That and I really don't like using gevey.

Let us know how it goes, I guess plenty of us are waiting for news about this unlock.

And look here Odblokowanie Simlock na stałe Iphone sieć AT&T USA - simlock24.pl - Automatyczny system sprzedaży kodów simlock - uwolnij Swój telefon.This is service in Poland.They unlocked my 4G from polish orange telephone,so it must be working.

Quote Originally Posted by adamus65 View Post
    And look here Odblokowanie Simlock na stałe Iphone sieć AT&T USA - simlock24.pl - Automatyczny system sprzedaży kodów simlock - uwolnij Swój telefon.This is service in Poland.They unlocked my 4G from polish orange telephone,so it must be working.
    Wel, I'm not entirely sure about Poland, but I know in European nations unlocks have been available for a while now.
    It was the ATT unlock that got closed up...so anyone with an ATT phone is SOL, until now (maybe)

Update from Musclenerd's twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/MuscleNerd/st...12925475790848

Looks like that IMEI-based "whitelist" unlock for AT&T USA iPhones got shut down? That was short-lived! Twitter
    Cutyoursim.com is also showing "out of stock" on their website.
    AT&T Remote iPhone Unlock Service

Hmm...guess no luck!

Yeah looks like the unlock didn't end up working. Too bad.
    From Paypal:
    "Note from merchant
    The AT&T unlock service went offline, and the service cannot be completed.
    A full refund has been issued. Sorry for the inconvenience."
    Oh well, at least there's a refund.

I wonder if anyone got an unlock.

Thanks

Sucks for the unlock didn't work. At least ya gitting ya money back

Yup, it sucks. Oh well, back to Gevey again.