+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can 3gs on ios 5.0.1 be unlocked ??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My wife has a jailbroken 3gs running 5.0.1 & she got one of the new Straight Talk sim cards for smart phones & they said the iphones were supported but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can 3gs on ios 5.0.1 be unlocked ??
    My wife has a jailbroken 3gs running 5.0.1 & she got one of the new Straight Talk sim cards for smart phones & they said the iphones were supported but won't tell us how to change the APN settings. I can't figure out a way to change the APN settings to make it work. I have all the new required APN info. Ultrasnow & a slew of other programs won't work because it's running baseband 5.16.05 & those programs don't work with that baseband. Can anybody help ?? It would be greatly appreciated ! Also I have ifile on the phone & I can get into the carrier plist info but not sure what to do from that point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download redsn0w 0.9.10b5. And install iPad baseband. (note: gps wont work on 3GS with iPad baseband)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's JUST the APN that needs to be changed (cause the phone used to be at&t), then go here on the phone using wifi & follow the instructions... This'll install the APN you need.

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/