+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: R-SIM vs Gevey Ultra S?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm looking at buying one of the two and would like some input on which to get. They seem to be going for around the same price on eBay for
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default R-SIM vs Gevey Ultra S?
    I'm looking at buying one of the two and would like some input on which to get. They seem to be going for around the same price on eBay for $25ish.

I'm leaning towards purchasing the R-SIM at the moment because you don't need to do any additional cutting on a perfect sized Micro SIM and the fact that it works on the CDMA Sprint 4S is a bonus. The Gevey Ultra S is not compatible with any CDMA 4S and you have to do some additional cutting to the Micro SIM.

If there are any other pros and cons, I would sure like to more input before I make my purchase. Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe the CDMA sim unlock is a scam. No one has come forward and confirmed it so don't quote me on it but from everything I have read about the new sim unlock interposer, neither of them are capable of unlocking carriers on a CDMA network.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    I believe the CDMA sim unlock is a scam. No one has come forward and confirmed it so don't quote me on it but from everything I have read about the new sim unlock interposer, neither of them are capable of unlocking carriers on a CDMA network.
    I don't think they are trying to unlock the CDMA side of the phone. I've got one on order so I can unlock the GSM sim on the Sprint 4s CDMA phone. Ordered it on the 13th still not here!!! But I'll let you know.

Thanks

Personally, I would buy the GEVEY SIM, just because I know that ApplenBerry are trusted. Although I know that the iDownloadBlog actually got their R-SIM sent to them from EachSupplier, so I am assuming that they are trusted.

Also there is a very large price difference that I noticed between the two from trusted sources. The Gevey SIM from Applenberry will cost you $64.99, but the R-SIM from EachSupplier will cost you $23.38 plus the $7.00 tax.

Here are the links:

R-SIM from EachSupplier - $23.38 + $7.00 for Shipping
    R-SIM Rgknse Unlock Sim Card Automaticall

GEVEY SIM from ApplenBerry - $64.99
    GEVEY Ultra S unlock iPhone 4S iOS 5.0, 5.01 baseband (modem firmware) 1.0.11, 1.0.13, 1.0.14

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randerson79 View Post
    I don't think they are trying to unlock the CDMA side of the phone. I've got one on order so I can unlock the GSM sim on the Sprint 4s CDMA phone. Ordered it on the 13th still not here!!! But I'll let you know.
    Yea... the wording on the CDMA unlock is misleading. I just want to be able to use the GSM SIM slot on T-Mobile or any GSM carrier from a Verizon or Sprint 4S. Not a CDMA SIM carrier. This isn't possible at the moment?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randerson79 View Post
    Let us know how it works. Seems like a lot of steps just to use the GSM side of a CDMA iphone using the R-Sim.

How To Unlock CDMA iPhone 4S And Use It On GSM Network Using R-SIM [Guide]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There's another solution available! We covered it like couple of days ago.
    TP SIM Releases Their CDMA IPhone 4S Unlock, Works On Verizon IPhone 4S

Regards,
    How To Arena

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Let us know how it works. Seems like a lot of steps just to use the GSM side of a CDMA iphone using the R-Sim.

How To Unlock CDMA iPhone 4S And Use It On GSM Network Using R-SIM [Guide]
    Try the link I posted above, TP SIM definitely looks better than R-SIM.
    Last edited by faheemsaeed; 03-07-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faheemsaeed View Post
    There's another solution available! We covered it like couple of days ago.
    TP SIM Releases Their CDMA IPhone 4S Unlock, Works On Verizon IPhone 4S

Regards,
    How To Arena

Try the link I posted above, TP SIM definitely looks better than R-SIM.
    Thanks.

I have read about the TPSIM when the hardware unlocks for iphone 4S first started coming out but there was never any mention about it working on a CDMA phone. It might be very interesting to see how well it works and if it will work on SPRINT since Verizon is the only mention when it comes to CDMA iphones.

I personally have ordered a Gevey Ultra S for testing purposes only. If I can find someone who will allow me to test on their CDMA phone I may buy a TPSIM for the lucky person as well .
    Last edited by ihappy; 03-07-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pretty bad timing for chip makers as iOS 5.1 was just released. Lets hope someone can make it compatible

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roflc0pter View Post
    Pretty bad timing for chip makers as iOS 5.1 was just released. Lets hope someone can make it compatible
    Yup. That's the name of the game. Cat and mouse.

I'll bet they (unlock makers) are going "Awe Hell, now we gotta update it again" lol :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Soo.......

With the TPSIM, I can unlock my CDMA Sprint 4S and run on the ATT/Straight talk GSM network?

R-SIM looks like it doesn "unlock" CDMA. But this guy claims the TPSIM does?

Not sure if worth the 60dollar gamble.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nerologic View Post
    Soo.......

With the TPSIM, I can unlock my CDMA Sprint 4S and run on the ATT/Straight talk GSM network?

R-SIM looks like it doesn "unlock" CDMA. But this guy claims the TPSIM does?

Not sure if worth the 60dollar gamble.

Unfortunately thats the chance you take if you want to unlock your CDMA device to work on a GSM network.

ChinaSn0w was the very first to make an iPhone 4S unlock sim with TPSIM but it came with complications and then every other sim maker including Applenberry just perfected on it. However neither of them have been able to make a CDMA capable unlock sim and so ChinaSn0w has stepped in again to make a CDMA version unlock sim. However no telling if it works or not. The ones I have seen are for Verizon only so it seems like they have 2 different versions: one for Verizon and one for Sprint.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teddbag View Post
    Do you know the GPP SIM for the unlock of iPhone 4S, mentioned that it could unlock Sprint CDMA....
    Where was this information found? I haven't been able to find any credible or any info for that matter about GPP being able to unlock a CDMA device to work on GSM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just receive my gevey sim s I tried with me iPhone 4s lock to sprint but no luck when i do the steps I can program the gevey to work with me tmobile sincard i put it mini de the Phone it will conecte to the sprint signal ignoring my sim card. maybe some one else was more lucky and can tell the steps they did

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark23 View Post
    I just receive my gevey sim s I tried with me iPhone 4s lock to sprint but no luck when i do the steps I can program the gevey to work with me tmobile sincard i put it mini de the Phone it will conecte to the sprint signal ignoring my sim card. maybe some one else was more lucky and can tell the steps they did
    I don't know if you were aware of this but on the Applenberry website it states that Gevey Ultra S does not work on CDMA devices and that goes for every other Sim unlock as well.

http://applenberry.com/store/gevey-sim/gevey-ultra-s

TPSIM seems to have came out with a CDMA unlock but I haven't tried it so guarantee if it works or not

Green Apple
    Thanks

applenberry have said on their facebook that the 4S CDMA unlock is coming soon though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pongchatwills View Post
    In fact the GPP Sim could already unlock the CDMA in sprint, yet not works on Verizon CDMA yet, there are verified video in Youtube..
    can you link me to one i wanto tried before i purchase the new one!