Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory unlocking a locked AT&T Iphone 4s

Default Factory unlocking a locked AT&T Iphone 4s
    I have a locked iphone 4s and see that there are some services on ebay offering to factory unlock an AT&T locked iphone 4s for between $149-$180.

Has anyone tried using these ebay services to unlock their phones? I am in the middle of buying one and just want to know if someone has tried using them. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,068 Times in 6,151 Posts

^ have you read any of thier feedback to see if others have had problems?
    I have read about this possibility, but can not confirm it, sorry. I'd start Goggling for info before I spent any money. Just me...

They all seem to have very good feedback however none of them seem to be explicitly addressed towards the factory unlocked service.

I am skeptical because i was under the impression it was impossible to factory unlock an AT&T locked iphone. Hopefully someone here has tried their service and can vouch for them.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

This has popped up again from various sellers. I believe it is legit but unsure how long it will last. Be vary wary of feedback if using eBay.
    Last time this was available it lasted just over a week before apple patched the method used to add the phones to the white list.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,068 Times in 6,151 Posts

Good luck, if there were a service like that, surely someone on this forum would have posted it. I would be leery.

Exactly! Which is why i want to quickly take advantage of the service before apple blocks it. I assume apple wont remove the phone from their white list once its added. I just need someone who has used this service before to assure me all is well.

I am actually chatting with the guy now on ebay. If i end up buying this service, i will surely post to let everyone know if it was successful or not.

The guy is claiming this is a new service from apple. Flushing $150 down the drain can be very painful.
    Last edited by Af4s; 03-03-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

The ones that were added to the white list before all remained unlocked. If you do go for it let us know how it goes. Good thing with eBay is that if it falls through you are protected with PayPal.

iPhone 4 , 4S - IMEI Unlock

Take a look at this tread. I just got my money from Paypal back yesterday. And my phone is still locked. Be careful!

goto Home page
    you will get what you need, and it work

Okay folks. I have just paid for the factory unlocked iphone 4s service. The guy says it will take 5-15 days to get processed. I will surely let you all know what transpires. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Af4s; 03-03-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Default Unlock 4S (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by Af4s View Post
    I have a locked iphone 4s and see that there are some services on ebay offering to factory unlock an AT&T locked iphone 4s for between $149-$180.

Has anyone tried using these ebay services to unlock their phones? I am in the middle of buying one and just want to know if someone has tried using them. Thanks

I had ordered for an IMEI unlock from Home ifixnwi.com. I understand they have one more portal in the name of Home page.

The cost is $184.99 and this is for a factory unlock which means you can update your phone. If you dont want to spend so much, you can try 'Gevey Ultra S sim' by Applenberry. You can see it on

Unlock Your GSM iPhone 4S with GEVEY ULTRA S for iOS 5.0, 5.0.1 and Baseband 1.0.11, 1.0.13, 1.0.14 - YouTube

Its been only two days since I ordered from ifixnwi and it take about 10 days for them to unlock it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Having just talked to AT&T, their policy is to -not- unlock iphones (after being told my phone was elegible to be unlocked I was told AT&T just doesn't do that, but I can use it with a plan with them. [thanks]) It is my understanding that the service (AT&T) your phone was locked to needs to do or send the ok to unlock to Apple who will then unlock it. I wonder just how these "unlock" places do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 83stang View Post
    Having just talked to AT&T, their policy is to -not- unlock iphones (after being told my phone was elegible to be unlocked I was told AT&T just doesn't do that, but I can use it with a plan with them. [thanks]) It is my understanding that the service (AT&T) your phone was locked to needs to do or send the ok to unlock to Apple who will then unlock it. I wonder just how these "unlock" places do it?
    They somehow find access to Apple's servers and use the servers to whitelist IMEI numbers, Apple usually find their access point and closes it, almost immediately.

All the Very Best, Anxiously awaiting for your result :-) Cheers Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Af4s View Post
    Okay folks. I have just paid for the factory unlocked iphone 4s service. The guy says it will take 5-15 days to get processed. I will surely let you all know what transpires. Wish me luck.

I have some AT&T 4S unlock sims.
    Looking for a tester.
    Learning

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by offroad406 View Post
    I have some AT&T 4S unlock sims.
    Looking for a tester.
    Just curious but what does this have to do with factory unlocking a carrier locked iPhone??

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Just curious but what does this have to do with factory unlocking a carrier locked iPhone??
    I was just trying to say there are other options if you need an unlock.
    Learning

Finally got word my iMEI unlocker that Apple closed the AT&T IMEI window and that my phone won't be able to be factory unlock my phone. I doubt anyone who bought that service was able to get their phones unlocked.
    The unlocker refunded my money so it looks like its Gevey Ultra S for me. I'm not too upset because I already have a factory unlocked 4s from apple. I was just hoping I could FUL this locked one as well.
    Jailbroken Factory Unlocked Iphone 4s 32Gb, Jailbroken Ipad 2 16GB