+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 5.0.1 won't restore after BB upgrade to 06.15.00

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone! I am desperately in need of some help right now as I can't get my iPhone 3GS to restore in iTunes. I had a baseband of 05.16.05 and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everyone!
    I am desperately in need of some help right now as I can't get my iPhone 3GS to restore in iTunes. I had a baseband of 05.16.05 and my serial number digits 3-5 were above 135 (if that matters). Here is what I did with it:

Right after I bought it, I came home and restored it. After that, I jailbroke it using Redsn0w (tethered). I then went into Cydia, got the Corona untethered package and restarted my iPhone. I downloaded Ultransn0w in an attempt to unlock my iPhone but it didn't work. Since it didn't work, I went looking for videos on how to get an At&t iPhone 3GS with baseband 05.16.05 to work on T-Mobile. I found a video on YouTube that said to open Redsn0w and change the BB to iPad BB which is 06.15.00 so I did exactly what he said. After I restarted my iPhone, it wouldn't let me use it. It said "Plug into iTunes" so I did. iTunes wasn't doing anything so I went to Redsn0w again and this time I pressed "Deactivate" and continued that. Now, it is stuck in recovery mode and I tried to restore it with the original firmware and then the custom firmware but iTunes says,"cannot restore iPhone because of unknown error. (21)".

Please help me! If I can just get it to take me to the springboard then I can take it back to the shop I bought it from. I just need to be able to restore it properly.

Thanks for your help!

Ok, I went into Redsn0w again but this time I clicked Recovery Fix and it turns on now but it gives me a screen that says "Connect to iTunes". It keeps restarting itself and iTunes isn't detecting it.

Please help!

Ok, I went into Redsn0w again but this time I clicked Recovery Fix and it turns on now but it gives me a screen that says "Connect to iTunes". It keeps restarting itself and iTunes isn't detecting it.

Please help!
    Last edited by xp3tp; 02-29-2012 at 04:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sold the iPhone so no worries