+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with jailbreaking unlocking iphone 3

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys so my phone is a 3g running 3.1.3 on 6.15.00 bb so i plug it into my computer and itunes says please insert a valid sim card.. so
    What's Jailbreak? changsternation's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Help with jailbreaking unlocking iphone 3
    hey guys

so my phone is a 3g running 3.1.3 on 6.15.00 bb

so i plug it into my computer and itunes says please insert a valid sim card.. so im guessing i need to jailbreak it then unlock it.

so i try using snowbreeze to restore a custom firmware for the jailbreak but i get error 1015. so i try use tiny umbrella to put it out of recovery mode ( i have to put it into recovery mode in order for me to load up a custom firmware) and it just puts me in the same situation "please insert a valid sim card".

i then try to jailbreak with redsnow by putting the phone into DFU mode. But by doing that it goes into pwned dfu mode. Ive downloaded heaps of programs and looked at heaps of vids and forums but i still dont knw what to do

cheers in advance for any help regarding this issue

What's Jailbreak? changsternation's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goof View Post
    so I am guessing that your phone is on the activation screen? If so, then I believe that Redsn0w should activate it. If it's still on the activation screen.
    Yeah I tried to use reds now and got it to work but when I had to put it into dfu mode it just goes into pawned dfu mode and just goes blank