+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gevey ultra and furious mod to unlock ios 5.0.1 bb 4.11.08 in iphone 4

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
just got the rumors that it is possible to unlock iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 and bb 4.11.08 with the geyvey ultra and furious mod how far is this true
    Thanks

Default gevey ultra and furious mod to unlock ios 5.0.1 bb 4.11.08 in iphone 4
    just got the rumors that it is possible to unlock iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 and bb 4.11.08 with the geyvey ultra and furious mod

how far is this true guys !!! pls help me get clear concept of this thing as i am stuck with my iphone 4 (now only working as an ipod touch!!!!)

pls guys !! save my phone !
    regards
    medxx

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gevey Ultra does not work with 4.11.08 at the moment. You'll have to wait for the updated version.

Thanks

Is there a chance that it's coming soon enough!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not so sure there will even be an unlock for the 4.11.08 but that is just my theory. If there were it would've came out a long time ago and now the 4S is out and seem to be that Apple n Berry and every other sim interposer maker is making lead way for the newer basebands in those devices.

However I have been proven wrong before so there is always hope that an unlock will surface, no telling when though. I'm still hoping for a software unlock for the 4S hence why I haven't upgraded my baseband yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think u need to forget about that software unlock for the 4s. MN would have tweeted something if the exploit found in the 1.0.11 baseband was any good.
    If u rely on the unlock to use ur phone, I would suggest u go with the.new gevey sim or like me, get the factory unlocked 4s. Gone are the days when the dev team were able to create software unlocks.
    Jailbroken Factory Unlocked Iphone 4s 32Gb, Jailbroken Ipad 2 16GB

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Af4s View Post
    I think u need to forget about that software unlock for the 4s. MN would have tweeted something if the exploit found in the 1.0.11 baseband was any good.
    If u rely on the unlock to use ur phone, I would suggest u go with the.new gevey sim or like me, get the factory unlocked 4s. Gone are the days when the dev team were able to create software unlocks.
    I agree with your statement as far as there may never be a software unlock for the 4S but as I stated earlier I am hoping against hope just the same way others are hoping for an unlock for the 4.11.08 baseband.

I have had numerous factory unlock devices and I usually always preserve my basebands anyways as a habit plus I have at&t so it really doesn't matter to me whether an unlock comes out or not. Its just a matter of hoping for the best the same way we all waited for a jailbreak to surface.

Nobody ever knew if an untethered jailbreak was possible for the 4S or if and when it would come out but it finally arrived.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

On Facebook, Applenberry stated that they are in the final stage of testing a new Gevey to unlock BB 04.11.08. They'll sell it for around $50+ U.S.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    On Facebook, Applenberry stated that they are in the final stage of testing a new Gevey to unlock BB 04.11.08. They'll sell it for around $50+ U.S.
    Good news for me ! Just hope that it's gonna b pretty soon

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Theres no where mentioned that it is in testing/final stage.. they say "they are still working and looks promising" this does not mean that we will have it soooooooooon