Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem unlocking Iphone 2g.

Default Problem unlocking Iphone 2g.
    Hey guys,

I've gone through numerous generations of iphones, and recently a friend asked me if I could give him my 1st gen iphone. It's been collecting dust in my closet for quite a while so I decided to give it away. /end of backstory

So basically, I had it jailbroken but it wasn't unlocked and it was running the most recent 3.13, the most recent firmware for the 2g. I restored it with the current version of itunes, downloaded the latest redsn0w. The latest one doesn't support both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2, so I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.4.

It doesn't identify 3.1.3, but i figured out that you had to use the 3.1.2 firmware instead and that worked fine. The only problem being is that after I jailbroke it, the SIM was still invalid. I tried multiple times, and no luck unlocking it. I also tried sn0wbreeze which also didn't work.

After many failed attempts, trying everything from jailbreaking with no SIM inside the phone, to restoring through DFU mode and without, I have no idea why I can't unlock the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thats hella old try quckpwn..

Quote Originally Posted by analdestroyer View Post
    Hey guys,

I've gone through numerous generations of iphones, and recently a friend asked me if I could give him my 1st gen iphone. It's been collecting dust in my closet for quite a while so I decided to give it away. /end of backstory

So basically, I had it jailbroken but it wasn't unlocked and it was running the most recent 3.13, the most recent firmware for the 2g. I restored it with the current version of itunes, downloaded the latest redsn0w. The latest one doesn't support both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2, so I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.4.

It doesn't identify 3.1.3, but i figured out that you had to use the 3.1.2 firmware instead and that worked fine. The only problem being is that after I jailbroke it, the SIM was still invalid. I tried multiple times, and no luck unlocking it. I also tried sn0wbreeze which also didn't work.

After many failed attempts, trying everything from jailbreaking with no SIM inside the phone, to restoring through DFU mode and without, I have no idea why I can't unlock the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.