+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Time to upgrade; maybe? iPhone 4 4.3.2 // 01.59.00 <T-Mobile>

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello! I haven't been too active on these forums lately, seems like work has swamped my life. Anyhow... I have been debating updating my phone to a higher version, but
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Time to upgrade; maybe? iPhone 4 4.3.2 // 01.59.00 <T-Mobile>
    Hello!

I haven't been too active on these forums lately, seems like work has swamped my life. Anyhow... I have been debating updating my phone to a higher version, but was curious about the stability of it. 4.3.2 is still running great with exception to not always getting reception when first turned on (reboot normally takes care of this) and loosing Edge connection after using it a while (reboot normally takes care of this as well).

Anyhow, would anyone recommend a higher upgrade at this point that would still allow me to keep my unlock? Also any updated recommendations on the process? I did not a year + ago so I am sure my steps are outdated compared to what has come along.

Thank you appreciate any insight!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Use redsn0w 0.9.10b5 to build a N0_bb ipsw , put iphone into pwned dfu mode and restore to it. Jailbreak with Redsnow and unlock with Ultrasnow .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (02-21-2012)

Thanks

What version should I do though? Should I just clean redo 4.3.2 or upgrade to a newer version? I was worried about stability...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scmed27 View Post
    What version should I do though? Should I just clean redo 4.3.2 or upgrade to a newer version? I was worried about stability...
    ios5.01 seems pretty stable on ip4, you should create a no_bb version of that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to daytonaviolet For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (02-21-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    ios5.01 seems pretty stable on ip4, you should create a no_bb version of that
    True I have a Ip4 on iOS 5.01 with bb. 1.59 and it works great!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MoDaLoT For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Awesome thanks everyone, I will check out 5.01. I appreciate you letting me know. Going off iYeow, the process is to download the iOS 5.01, use redsn0w 0.9.10b5 to build a N0_bb 5.01 ipsw , put iphone into pwned dfu mode (using redsn0w) and restore to it (using iTunes).

Will this next part be integrated into the built 5.01 ipsw I made earlier? or is this another stage in the process: Jailbreak with Redsnow

unlock with Ultrasnow -- this I remember is just simply through Cydia.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    True I have a Ip4 on iOS 5.01 with bb. 1.59 and it works great!!!
    This might seem stupid, but you both said 5.01

Here: iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

I only see 5.0 and 5.0.1 - Just wanted to make sure 5.0.1 is the same as 5.01?

I don't actually see a 5.01 on that list.
    Last edited by Scmed27; 02-21-2012 at 11:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Must I just clean redo 4.3.2 or upgrade to some more recent version? I had been concerned about stability...

Thanks

nflnews... did you mean to include more on my quote?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Use redsn0w 0.9.10b5 to build a N0_bb ipsw , put iphone into pwned dfu mode and restore to it. Jailbreak with Redsnow and unlock with Ultrasnow .
    iYeow, something bad has happen... I did everything you said here:

Downloaded 5.0.1 (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw from: iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

I then used redsn0w 0.9.10b5 to build NO_BB IPSW, I used it to put the iPhone into DFU mode and then went into iTunes did a "Option + Restore" on the NO_BB IPSW... I get the the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).

Please help if I can't get my phone working I am screwed - I run my business from it.

I found this: http://www.simonblog.com/2008/10/07/...es-1600-error/ stating I should put the iPhone into recovery mode instead of DFU... I just want to make sure this is correct before I continue.

I found this: http://www.simonblog.com/2008/10/07/...es-1600-error/ stating I should put the iPhone into recovery mode instead of DFU... I just want to make sure this is correct before I continue.
    Last edited by Scmed27; 02-21-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: LINK

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

error 1600 usually happens if you try to restore while your phone is in DFU mode. you should try Pwned DFU Mode. in resn0w, it should be the 2nd box from the top. if this still does not work, perhaps try another tool like iREB to force your iphone into Pwned DFU Mode

13. The Following User Says Thank You to daytonaviolet For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (02-22-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Daytonaviolet is correct! You run into error 1600 if you forget to click the pwned DFU mode button in redsn0w after putting your phone in DFU mode.
    You may need to redo the whole process if you are still getting error 1600 after putting your phone in pwned DFU mode. To do so, just exit out of DFU mode by holding down your power and home button until the apple logo shows. Once your phone is back on, put it back into DFU mode and make sure you click pwned DFU in redsn0w. And make sure you select the No BB IPSW that was created or you will lose your precious 01.59 baseband for ever.

Thanks

Hey thank you everyone for all your replies, this is a crazy process but I finally figured it out... First I was getting the 1600 error then I started getting just a regular error with no number that my device was not for requested build. So I tried it on another iPhone and same error... anyhow I had to go in and change some settings in terminal - if anyone ever gets this error please feel free to email me and I would be happy to explain the process with some photos...

I am now running 5.0.1 and it's great! BB is preserved. thank you so much!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interesting! I don't recall ever running into that "device was not for requested build" error message while jailbreaking the iphone 4. And i've jailbroken over 10 of them on 5.0.1. How were you able to change settings in terminal out of curiosity.

Plus what are you still doing with an iphone 4? Step your game up man now that gevey has launched a sim interposer for the 4s. Once you use the 4s, you will never go back to the 4 Just kidding

Thanks

It was actually an error with my computer not with the iPhone sometimes my Macbook Air seems to block out the apple server for that part of the restore...

I have a iPhone 4S with Sprint that I bought that has cracked screens both front and back... I was thinking to replace them and sell it. I have never replaced screens on a 4 or 4S though... BUT what is this grevey sim interposer? Is it something I should look into seriously? Once I fix this iPhone 4S I wouldn't mind using it... It is mean't for Sprint but has a SIM Card Slot in it...

P.S. if you have replaced a screen... where would you recommend I buy the components that would be easy for this to do? (Front and Back)

Hmmm... Either way even if I can unlock that phone I should unlock it then sell it eh? Can you unlock a sprint phone with a sim card tray?
    Last edited by Scmed27; 02-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Keep in mind your tmobile sim will not work with the sprint iPhone 4s. The gevey sim interposer that just came out only unlocks the AT&T iPhone 4s so even if u get the broken screen fixed, u will only be able to use that phone with sprint.
    The sim card tray only works with non USA sim cards. Meaning it will only work when u travel overseas. And that is if sprint decides to unlock it for you.
    Jailbroken Factory Unlocked Iphone 4s 32Gb, Jailbroken Ipad 2 16GB

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Af4s For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (02-22-2012)

Thanks

Ahh! Thanks for the info!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Great ,you got it working

Thanks

This is really weird but it just started working again because i left it sitting there for a long time. ODD.
    Last edited by Scmed27; 02-22-2012 at 11:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You might want to toogle airplane mode to see if that resets your basrband. If that doesn't work, go to reset and click reset network settings. Do this after installing ultrasn0w. Make sure you don't click erase all settings as that will brick your phone.
    Jailbroken Factory Unlocked Iphone 4s 32Gb, Jailbroken Ipad 2 16GB