+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yeah Im asking a lot sorry

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have been looking everywhere for a tutorial (even glimpsed here) for jailbreak/unlocking a 3gs IOS 5 untethered on an incompatible firmware. I did this with my older 3g by
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have been looking everywhere for a tutorial (even glimpsed here) for jailbreak/unlocking a 3gs IOS 5 untethered on an incompatible firmware.
    I did this with my older 3g by installing the ipad 6.15 BB but cant seem to find anything do accomplish this on a 3gs. Hypothetically I would say I could use the same tutorial and just swap up the firware/software for the 3gs but I have been on the android scene for quite a while and lost track of alot.
    This is for my girlfreind. She doesnt use a data plan so the 6.15 BB GPS issue is not a problem.

Any info is greatly appreciated because I have the chance to buy one cheap with a broken screen (which i can replace myself for like 10$)

thanks so much

How to Update baseband 5.15.04 to 6.15.00 for iPhone 3GS | UnixNewbie.org

well of course right after i posted i found this so i THINK i may be aight. if anyone has any suggestions or advice please feel free

I see this is for 4.1 so im hoping i can just use the updated redsnow and 5 firmware the same. I prefer snowbreeze tho.

ugh im a super douche

http://www.iphonejailbreak.me/how-to...e-not-redsn0w/
    Last edited by TEvil; 02-16-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Since you don’t have ipad bb yet, restore to stock 5.0.1, run Redsnow 0.9.10b5 to change bb to ipad bb and run Redsnow again to install cydia. Unlock with Ultrasnow .