+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Broken After Updating to 5.0.1 on 3GS

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I've been using my iPhone on the older 4.3 firmware using the iPad baseband with no problems for quite awhile now, and since the newer untethered jailbreaks have been
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlock Broken After Updating to 5.0.1 on 3GS
    So I've been using my iPhone on the older 4.3 firmware using the iPad baseband with no problems for quite awhile now, and since the newer untethered jailbreaks have been released for 5.0.1 I decided to update to that...it took me quite awhile to actually get the phone to a working state again, but I managed to jailbreak it with redsn0w. I think installed Corona and ultrasn0w and the jailbreak is still working fine, but the phone says that there is no SIM card installed. Obviously the SIM card should be fine since it was just working before I tried updating.

Any idea how I should fix this...? Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to add, I'm using a 3GS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Run redsn0w again and flash with Ipad bb again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm, I just tried to jailbreak it again a few times but each time I got an error right after "mounting rootfs as read-only." This happened the first time I tried doing it earlier but after trying again it worked...what are the chances it'll work if I just keep on trying this?

To clarify, the full error message is "AppleBCMWLANCore::handleIOKitBusyWatchdogTimeout( ): Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..."
    Last edited by DaBomb77766; 02-16-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Set Redsnow in xp sp2 compatibility mode , note if you are jailbroken you cannot have cydia checked again , just check only ipad bb

Are you using ipad bb for unlock ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried all of that a few times and it's still giving me the same error.

This phone's had lots of issues in the past like this too...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm, I'm not even able to restore it with iTunes right now...it seems like it's something to do with either damaged USB controllers and/or a bad cable...? It was working just earlier though...but this phone has suffered from water damage in the past, that could be the problem.

Alright, so I guess it was just the cable, I switched to a different one and the jailbreak worked fine. It reflashed the baseband again, but the phone still isn't unlocked...I tried reinstalling ultrasn0w but it still just says "searching" for the network. At a bit of a loss as to what to do next...I tried downgrading to 4.3.5 again but I couldn't get it to work. I installed tinyumbrella but when I try to launch it with my computer it just gives me white windows...
    Last edited by DaBomb77766; 02-17-2012 at 01:27 AM.