+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Iphone 4 - Activation (gevey)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so stuck, read so many guides on jailbreaking and unlocking. Successfully Jb my ipod touch 4 on 5.0.1 so not totally new to all this. I have a new iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New Iphone 4 - Activation (gevey)
    so stuck, read so many guides on jailbreaking and unlocking. Successfully Jb my ipod touch 4 on 5.0.1 so not totally new to all this. I have a new iphone 4 boxed locked to another network and no original sim (or any way to get one, foreign phone and unknown carrier bought off ebay)

Firmware: 4.3
    Baseband: 04.10.01

Bought a gevey turbo sim. Need to unlock for all networks obviously but every single guide i have seen/read relates to a phone that can at least get into the settings to activate 'airplane mode' after inserting gevey sim and dialling 112. doesnt work, and the guides seem to be for a phone that once had its original sim installed and been synced with itunes at least once.

Is it wise to attempt a jailbreak on a new boxed phone without original sim?

I have managed to avoid making pointless attempts in frustration i just need some advice on how to get a new iphone running without an original sim or losing baseband.

Thanks all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone? all contributions are welcome no matter how small!

Thanks again

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Checkout the following tutorial on how to activate your new iPhone without an original SIM.
    Activate iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Officially Without Original SIM or Hacktivation with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 & SAM | Redmond Pie

Also, do a search on UltrasnowCN for an automatic unlocking method with your Turbo gevey

Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgaloi For This Useful Post:

rob-k-uk (02-17-2012)