Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting past the iOS 5's activation screen/wizard with Gevey

Default Getting past the iOS 5's activation screen/wizard with Gevey
    Hi everyone,

I rely on a Gevey SIM to unlock my iPhone 4. When I restore to iOS 5.0.1 (with preserved baseband), how do I get past the activation wizard (where you setup the language, location services, WiFi etc.)?

The problem is, you can't activate the phone without being connected to a carrier, which I cannot be, since I can't even access the springboard and go through the Gevey procedure...

What should I do at that point to activate the phone properly?

Thanks.

Edit: Yeah, there's an option in redsn0w that "activates" the device, but that is obviously the wrong way to do it, especially since iMessage and FaceTime won't work with that kind of activation (and SAM)... You don't even get the message "iPhone is activated" or anything like this with this method...
    Last edited by marko7; 02-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

If u know what ur phones original carrier was,buy a sim from that carrier and put it in without ur gevey b4 u restore it and while plugged into ur pc,iTunes will c that u have the correct carrier 4 ur phone and will let u get past the activation while also activating FaceTime and iMessage without having 2 hacktivate.the sim doesn't even need credit as it activates differently on 5.0.1

Yea^ and I watched a YT video of a guy explaining how he did this. The only minor setback the guy in the vid had was that the sim card had to be cut down to fit the sim tray and line up the contacts perfectly. Took him 2 sim cards to get the cut right.