+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g 4.0 Help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey i've got an iphone 3g with baseband 05.13.04 here, How do i go about preserving the baseband (if possible) and upgrade it to 4.2.1? Also Itunes wants to upgrade
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g 4.0 Help
    hey i've got an iphone 3g with baseband 05.13.04 here, How do i go about preserving the baseband (if possible) and upgrade it to 4.2.1?

Also Itunes wants to upgrade the phone to 4.2, is there a reason as to why itunes is not suggesting 4.2.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can do so by creating a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze 2.2. iTunes for some reason says it's 4.2 but the phone upgrades to 4.2.1. Is there a reason why you're wanting to upgrade? The iPhone 3G is most optimal on 3.1.x. If you need to upgrade for app compatibility, I highly suggest while creating your custom fw to restore to, to disable multitasking and wallpaper. If those are enabled, your device will be very slow.

How to Use Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on Windows [Untethered] | Jaxov

There is a link to a guide. If you don't have an official SIM to activate the phone with, you'll need to select the "activate" box while creating your custom fw. The details are in the guide.